FL Studio 20.9 Beta

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:36 pm I wonder if they will ever do anything about the rather weird font choices (some of them remined my of my early Amiga days!), skinning is coming!

''We are developing Themes for FL Studio 21. You can follow development here in the User Forums''.
https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=245191
I love their fonts :)

Beta 2 Out :-)

WHAT'S NEW

BETA 2

Frequency Shifter - Special effect to create metallic, dissonant, ring modulation and phasing effects.
Global Links Dialog - Added Mode control as found on the Remote control link dialog. 'Generic links' have also been renamed 'Global links' throughout the program.
Apple Silicon Support - Native ARM code support for Apple Silicon (M1 and related CPUs). NOTE: NewTime, NewTone and some DirectWave sample format import functions have not been fully refactored.
ZGameEditor Visualizer - Web cams can now be used in multiple instances of the plugin at once. There is also a new 'Luminance average' internal controller for each buffer available on the (Right+Click) Link to controller option. New video scrubbing option using the 'Video Controller effect.
Support context aware values - (Right+Click) 'Type in value' windows for XYZ Controller, Fruity Send and Tuner.
Automation clips & Envelopes - Added (Shift+Right-Click) to add nodes at the current value of the Envelope. Works in the Playlist, Automation Clip Editor and plugin envelopes (e.g. Sytrus, Harmor etc). NOTE: If Snap is on in an envelope use (Alt+Shift+Right-Click)
MIDI Settings - Added 'Pickup' functionality for controls linked to external controllers (option in General settings)
Mixer - Hint values for Mixer Send Knobs now show dB values.
Playlist - Dropping a Presets on multi-selected Playlist tracks will add an instance of the plugin to all selected Tacks. Where tracks Instrument Tracks then effects can also added in the same way to all linked Mixer Tracks.
File Menu - Added options Export all playlist tracks > 'From track start', 'Song start' or 'Time selection'.
Playlist - Improved stability for audio loop recording.
FL Studio Mobile - Updated. See here for changelog.

BETA 1
Improved Undo - Most changes made in FL Studio itself can now be undone and redone. See General Settings > Undo history for Alternate undo mode that steps through undo rather than alternates undo/redo.
Channel Settings - (Right+Click) 'Type in value' Channel Pitch bend Range control now allows semi-tone values.
Control Surface - Added a 'Show labels' option to show or hide control labels.
General Settings - When changing Languages warnings are now shown in multiple languages, if necessary. Added 'Alternate undo mode' option to change the undo and redo shortcuts.
Piano roll > Note properties - The Note Properties dialog is now always shown on the same screen as the Piano roll.
Piano roll - Added an option to preview notes as they are mouse clicked into the piano roll during playback.
Automation Clip Channel Settings - Automation Editor with parameter being edited shown below the editor window. Includes the ability to edit the target links.
Playlist - Playlist tracks are now selectable. (Ctrl+Up/Down Arrows) now selects a track. (Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down Arrow) extends the selection.
3x Osc - Added anti-aliasing to oscillators.
Edison - Apply visualization options without closing the menu when (Right+Click) is used. Renamed 'Disable undo for large samples' menu to 'Enable undo for large samples'.
Toolbar - Added a toolbar button to change set language. This will appear by default when the language is changed from the default.
Maximus & Limiter - Added a menu option to disable the -0.2 dB safety margin.
MIDI Controllers - FL Studio now sends a device identification message when a new MIDI devices are detected.
Mixer - Allow arming a mixer track that doesn't have an external audio input open.
Sample Length - Support huge samples when saving, loading and editing (64bit lengths instead of 32bit).
Support context aware values - (Right+Click) 'Type in value' windows for 7 Band EQ, Beepmap, Blood Overdrive, BooBass, Delay 2, Fast Dist, FL Keys, Flangus, FLEX, Fruit Kick, Granulizer, Harmless, Ogun, Panomatic, Stereo Enhancer, Wave Shaper and X-Y Controller now are context aware. Add Hz, dB, % etc when typing in values to specify the format.
Warnings - FL Studio show a warning when trying to make a Playlist selection 'unique' and a lot of Clips are selected. Are you sure?
Windows File Browser - Replaced all folder selection windows with the modern OS File Browser window.
Channel Rack Selectors - For a selected Channel, changed from single-click to double-click to select all Channels.
Merge Clips - Now works for all selected clip types.
Burn to MIDI - Additional reset options for Swing and Arpeggiator pop-up after selecting Burning MIDI.
Right-click Controls Menu - Added 'Edit automation clip' option when a control has Automation.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Native Apple Silicon :tu:

Wow! Good I "hate" both FL and Apple :D
Last edited by antic604 on Mon May 17, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Yeh, but its nice to have a DAW that updates 'shotgun' style (and free) ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:01 pm Yeh, but its nice to have a DAW that updates 'shotgun' style (and free) ;-)
Not worth it if I'm getting stupider every time I use it (and I don't have much to go off of in the first place...).
Music tech enthusiast

I'll make you a GIF of how I have it set up sometime- looks and works just like Studio One for me now- just switches the bottom panel between mixer, rack and editor ;-)

Took me 20 years, the 'all plug in edition' dropping to £300 and a year long lockdown to finally bother to learn how to use it though, so I get you! (and I still won't/can't use it for linear audio recording, but it makes a great sampler/looper with Edison et all.....think of it like 'Maschine' with Komplete built in and it's closer to how I use it!
Last edited by SLiC on Mon May 17, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hell yeah! Best investment. Gettin better every time.

SLiC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:07 pm I'll make you a GIF of how I have it set up sometime- looks and works just like Studio One for me now- just switches the bottom panel between mixer, rack and editor ;-)
That's really possible?

andypryce wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:55 pm Native Apple Silicon :tu:
That was surprisingly fast. Their last Rosetta optimization update already boosted FL Studio performance by something like 2-3x, so I'll be curious to test it out. Running large, CPU heavy projects on a computer that's dead silent is such a strange, wonderful thing.

antic604 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:03 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:01 pm Yeh, but its nice to have a DAW that updates 'shotgun' style (and free) ;-)
Not worth it if I'm getting stupider every time I use it (and I don't have much to go off of in the first place...).
automation editor was the game-changer in the first beta, finally can see the initial-end values(min-max) with the curve and curve modulation together (+ targets)
previously tweaking the automation was highly PITA after Bitwig it works much better now
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

LiteOn wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:30 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:07 pm I'll make you a GIF of how I have it set up sometime- looks and works just like Studio One for me now- just switches the bottom panel between mixer, rack and editor ;-)
That's really possible?
I am horrible at making GIFs, but you get the idea, just detach the windows and put them where you like on top of each other, then just switch between them. I like a clean screen, so the browser is pop up, I don't use 'pattern picker' and I have a simple 1 line menu bar. I just go to the left till the browser pops up, drag and drop an instrument (or audio) on a track and everything is mapped and linked ready to the mixer ready to play- just like Studio One!

SLiC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:19 pm...just detach the windows and put them where you like on top of each other, then just switch between them...
Nope. Just knowing they're stacked there on top of each other makes my blood boil :dog:

But I'll definitely be paying attention to what they do for v21.
Music tech enthusiast

SLiC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:19 pm
LiteOn wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:30 pm
That's really possible?
I am horrible at making GIFs, but you get the idea, just detach the windows and put them where you like on top of each other, then just switch between them. I like a clean screen, so the browser is pop up, I don't use 'pattern picker' and I have a simple 1 line menu bar. I just go to the left till the browser pops up, drag and drop an instrument (or audio) on a track and everything is mapped and linked ready to the mixer ready to play- just like Studio One!

dunno, quite nice that clicking on a pattern in the playlist able to select the linked Channel-rack filter group to able select the associated mixer insert

ps. and who needs the full-screen height browser? :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

antic604 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:27 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:19 pm...just detach the windows and put them where you like on top of each other, then just switch between them...
Nope. Just knowing they're stacked there on top of each other makes my blood boil :dog:

But I'll definitely be paying attention to what they do for v21.
Well, its one click open, one click close (so you don't have to stack them). I don't know FL very well so there is probably a better way of doing this or a macro or something, but I just went for a look I am familiar with initially. I am gradually working out what works for me (dropping audio to Edison first etc and breaking loops in sliceex...this is what makes things work in FL for me)

The basic workflow isn't necessarily better when you try to ape a traditional DAW...I started that way and now am seeing some of the benefits of the 'FL' way...but it is hard to break old habits and expectations! One thing I can say for sure, irrespective of DAW workflow, is the plugins in the all plugin edition are exceptional...I am booting up FL to use Harmor!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”