DAW Fusion

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Easy decision here:
Bitwig and Digital Performer.
The Grid, full featured Clips, controller support, video and Chunks all in one DAW.
Bitwig is best in class at modulation in real time etc. and DP IMO is best in class at track automation editing, selection, best of both worlds, same with bussing. The Tracks overview in DP for large templates and MAS for VEP etc.

Throw in articulation support from Cubase, and Jitter from Max4Live and we're good.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:52 am
EnGee wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:11 am If you take effects and other instruments from another DAW, then you need to implement them with a style that fit the current DAW. That would be just a feature request then.
I wouldn't like to mix Bitwig style with Cubase style. It would be a mess in design.
Think about how it would work, rather how it wouldn't...
Ok I'll try!

Implement Cubase mixer and midi files review in Bitwig. That would be a great DAW :tu:

Ok I'll bite. Live with all the best bits of Orion including the dedicated eq on tracks
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Cubase/Studio One

actually it would be cool, I think, if Steinberg looked to things that aren't Live or Fruity or Bitwig for inspiration in their quest for world domination, say to Digital Performer.

jancivil wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:40 am actually it would be cool, I think, if Steinberg looked to things that aren't Live or Fruity or Bitwig for inspiration in their quest for world domination, say to Digital Performer.
Knowing a little about Cubase the big differences are in Chunks, grouping, selection options and automation editing. DP has good bones basically. Cubase is miles ahead in getting the latest features, which is where DP falls behind sometimes. So yeah that would totally work to me.

it's the chunks I'd want
actually DP having a baby with Nuendo would be the ultimate music for picture DAW

Bitwig and Pd + logarithmic wave forms or we have to add Ardour...
Mainly I would just want that missing features from other DAWs are added to my preferred one...
I know Pd isn’t a DAW, but theoretically you could built one in Pd...; - ) I wouldn’t mind Max/MSP at all...
Another combo could be Bitwig and Usine Hollyhock...

FL Studio One! But just for the name :D

In this case Bitwig Studio One would be a better choice...

But...Reason is more reasonable, ain't it? Studio One can mean anything, e.g. worthless protoype :hihi:
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

I'd like to see Logic get a few features from DP:
  • Chunks (or make Logic Folders more chunk-like)
  • Track filtering and searching
  • Spotlight-like feature where you can run a key command by typing its name in a pop up window
  • quick temporary grouping of tracks
  • Better VCAs

id like a nonsense daw, built from all the things logic and reason don't have!

Babya Logic might be the one for you

if REAPER and Saw Studio had a baby, would it defy genetics and be pretty

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:00 pm id like a nonsense daw, built from all the things logic and reason don't have!
Preferably mechanical and steam powered.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”