Reason 12 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12 Reason Intro Reason Suite

jens wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:48 pm That's the thing they should learn - if they want to keep selling me REs, they better make sure I'll want to keep using the DAW in the long run - offering me the rack as a plugin is not enough.
You are probably no longer the target audience. Reason is now a "wrapper" for RE's and complex soundscapes. And best used in other DAW's. I took the plunge and moved on to Studio One in early 2019. And didn't regret it. Vastly better arrangement and editing features, constantly updated with new features even in unpaid minor updates. And Reason lives well inside Studio One as plugin. Couldn't be happier. I don't think it's worth the wait if Reason Studios will change their minds. To say it with Walt Disney (to P.L. Travers after the premiere of Mary Poppins): "The ship has sailed!"

I have S1 5 Pro, but still prefer using Reason over it and completely disagree that S1 is better in regards to arranging and editing.
Reason's Blocks piss all over S1's Arranger Track and Reason's audio editors (all three of them) also are totally in another league compared to what S1 offers. The only advantage that S1 has in that regard is that it can do polyphonic audio, thanks to Melodyne.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm I have S1 5 Pro, but still prefer using Reason over it and completely disagree that S1 is better in regards to arranging and editing.
Ok, then we can agree on "different preferences". But regarding the future of development I think the Walt Disney quote stays valid.

Does Reason 11 have MPE support? If not, will 12?

killmaster wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:04 pm Does Reason 11 have MPE support? If not, will 12?
No & very unlikely respectively.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:54 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:37 am Crazy when it’s tied to your account. Oh well, I have only bought a few, but it is a waste if I do ever look to sell.
I know. I've well over EUR 1k "stuck" there. But I gotta cut my loses somewhere.
You are lucky it's "only" well over 1k EUR :lol:
I made a mistake counting together all transaction made in the Reason Studios shop, and reached almost 7,1k EUR. And that is except the purchases of the DAW itself, going from v9 through 11 (Suite). Even though I'm not regretting many of the purchases, individually, it is a LOT of money, and it would have felt better if the Rack Extensions were resellable. But I knew they weren't already from the beginning.

I'm the one the Reason Studios share holders dream of in their wettest dreams :hihi:
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Crossinger wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:30 pm
jens wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:48 pm That's the thing they should learn - if they want to keep selling me REs, they better make sure I'll want to keep using the DAW in the long run - offering me the rack as a plugin is not enough.
You are probably no longer the target audience. Reason is now a "wrapper" for RE's and complex soundscapes. And best used in other DAW's.
and if they had managed some of that 10 years ago this target might have been hit
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:46 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:37 am Crazy when it’s tied to your account. Oh well, I have only bought a few, but it is a waste if I do ever look to sell.
I know. I've well over EUR 1k "stuck" there. But I gotta cut my loses somewhere.
I made a mistake counting together all transaction made in the Reason Studios shop, and reached almost 7,1k EUR. And that is except the purchases of the DAW itself, going from v9 through 11 (Suite). Even though I'm not regretting many of the purchases, individually, it is a LOT of money, and it would have felt better if the Rack Extensions were resellable. But I knew they weren't already from the beginning.

I'm the one the Reason Studios share holders dream of in their wettest dreams :hihi:
You are indeed a "whale", um, excuse me, an "enthusiast."

ghettosynth wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:14 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:46 pm

You are indeed a "whale", um, excuse me, an "enthusiast."
Or only a collector? :)

I guess my behavior comes from my younger days when I used to download everything, less legally, just collecting, possibly installing, but never finishing anything. Some things have changed since. Nowadays, I can afford the software, and have the opinion if you cannot afford it, choose something cheaper or a free legal alternative. Some things have not changed. I'm still collecting in the same volumes as before, I'm still not finishing much more than I was 10+ years ago :D
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

i don't think ive spent half that on software in 20 years :o
probably closer to the 1k mark to be honest.

vurt wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:40 pm i don't think ive spent half that on software in 20 years :o
Oh man, don't get me started on software in general, incl. VST plugins, then. Looking for someone/something to blame (except myself), and deep down in the archives I'm remembering where everything started. I bought Studio One v1.65 when it was released, can I blame them? :) I'm lucky that I have a job that can support it, I mean economically. But I also work a lot, so less time for music making :dog:

starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:55 pm
vurt wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:40 pm i don't think ive spent half that on software in 20 years :o
Oh man, don't get me started on software in general, incl. VST plugins, then. Looking for someone/something to blame (except myself), and deep down in the archives I'm remembering where everything started. I bought Studio One v1.65 when it was released, can I blame them? :) I'm lucky that I have a job that can support it, I mean economically. But I also work a lot, so less time for music making :dog:
im no angel, this just happens to be a software thread so any hardware discussion would be off topic :oops:

Ok, no hardware discussion in here.
Last edited by LiteOn on Tue May 18, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiteOn wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:02 pm
There‘re other rabid holes. 😁
you've met my ex?
:hihi:

lego and collectables is also off topic :oops:

vurt wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:02 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:55 pm
im no angel, this just happens to be a software thread so any hardware discussion would be off topic :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”