Upbeat trippy chill

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A couple of folks from my town joined together on a Facebook group to pass the time during the pandemic. Every now and then, we have a little "contest" (a theme, a deadline, but no prizes). This time around the theme was hope. This is what I came up with:

https://soundcloud.com/atm0spher1c/out-of-darkness

All feedback welcome, all listens appreciated.

Cheers.

I like it. It has a slightly driving feel that fits the theme without being over the top. Lots of cool little details. :tu:
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

cool soundset, good variation, just quirky enough for me. enjoyed the listen, good work :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

i like the bells/ marimba / what it is and percussion, i always like bells and percussion :)

Nicely done, I like your arrangement, it fits the theme of your contest quite well and keeps the song interesting while the timekeepers remain in place throughout the song. :clap:

Thanks for listening and commenting all. Blue Eyed Ghost, it's nice to hear that the tune reflected the theme. I don't normally shoot for any particular feeling, I just write.

Nice! Really good build. The bass that comes in at 4:10 is supper rich and buttery. Love the panning and width on the marimba type sound.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

I liked the choice of sounds. You have managed to make a pleasant, clear mix here, and the music has certainly managed to evoke feelings of hope and optimism.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”