FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

Good question. I hadn't noticed, as I just create my own kits and presets, but only some things show here. I dont know why these show and not others, either. I have London Sessions, which is the same content as BFD2 Factory, no kits or presets show. I have Evil Drums, Orchestral, Swan, BFD3, and user showing.

once migrated, whyte, you won't be able to use the fxpansion license manager for what has migrated. Those licenses do vanish from the fxpansion account.

well ok, those are the only kits I have on the drive
Last edited by jancivil on Tue May 11, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They were my own presets and kits too :-( I liked them and I'd like to re-use them in BFD 3 and then add/expand with newer drums or functions - I don't want to spend however long recreating them!

jancivil wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:48 pm once migrated, whyte, you won't be able to use the fxpansion license manager for what has migrated. Those licenses do vanish from the fxpansion account.
yeah, i suspected as much. i'd just like to be sure that fxpansion dont intend to stop supporting unmigrated licenses.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:43 pm Thread Too Long, Couldnt Find:

My system is, and for the forseeable future, will stay Win 7. I assume the InMusic downloadable version is Win10 only. So, my questions are:

If I dont migrate my account for the meantime, will FXpansion license manager still continue to work for legacy versions?
If I do migrate my account instead, am I right that any new license system wont work for legacy versions?
Will the option to migrate accounts stay open?
Option to migrate accounts will stay open for sometime yet, as will the old licensing servers. But I don't have exact dates on when any of that might be shut down.

BFD3 won't run on Win7 anymore I'm afraid. 3.4 is a Win10 only product, apologies!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

kperry wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:58 pm They were my own presets and kits too :-( I liked them and I'd like to re-use them in BFD 3 and then add/expand with newer drums or functions - I don't want to spend however long recreating them!
Check your old FXpansion User Documents folders. If they're in there, you can manually copy them somewhere else, and then import them using the file menu.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Amberience wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:50 pm Option to migrate accounts will stay open for sometime yet, as will the old licensing servers. But I don't have exact dates on when any of that might be shut down.

BFD3 won't run on Win7 anymore I'm afraid. 3.4 is a Win10 only product, apologies!
cheers...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

kperry wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:12 pm Drew's stepped up and sorted out my old BFD 1/2 licensing, which was impressively fast.

However...the question I asked previously doesn't appear to have been resolved by the content update.

The BFD 1 kits that I've created (and I assume BFD 2 - I've yet to load the BFD 3 content to support it) don't appear as kits (or presets), which is what I was reassured would happen.

How does one get them to appear as kits to load in BFD 3 (I really don't want to have to rebuild them all)? The BFD 1 path is in the scan path with no errors recorded against it.
Try saving them as BFD3 kits, then after restart they should show. I had this problem initially and I just moved the BFD1 presets to my user directory, not system, then they displayed in the browser.

After my last re-install of BFD3, they do display correctly in the system directory. It's weird.

They're in the user directory - well, at least I think it's the user directory!

That said, File->Import seems to work (I'd missed that - I'd assumed, perhaps naively, that *SCANNING THE FOLDERS WOULD MAKE THEM APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY* (they do for grooves and licensed kit pieces, for example)).

And they pick up the BFD kit pieces used, so all is good (I'm assuming that BFD 2 will work the same once I have London Sessions downloaded and installed).

You don't seem to be able to import presets though, just kits. You can load them, but the import filter for presets is restricted to *.bfd3 (load includes *.bfd and *.bfd2).

Annoying that you have to save presets in My Documents\BFD Drums (I have a seperate partition for all soft-synth data, samples etc), but I can work round that with junctions (and this is not the only plug-in to "enforce" that!).

Thanks for the help.

Installing London Sessions seems to have cleared up all the preset issues - weird but good.

Weird... I've been waiting on a support response for a pretty long time (got a confirmation and then silence) and I just happened upon this forum and it appears that support regarding v3.4 is being provided in this thread! Is this where I need to go now to get my problem solved? I had to start a kvr account just to post but I'd MUCH rather get support via the inhouse method. If someone could let me know which way inmusic wants to go....

nberigan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:45 pm Weird... I've been waiting on a support response for a pretty long time (got a confirmation and then silence) and I just happened upon this forum and it appears that support regarding v3.4 is being provided in this thread! Is this where I need to go now to get my problem solved? I had to start a kvr account just to post but I'd MUCH rather get support via the inhouse method. If someone could let me know which way inmusic wants to go....
Try emailing support@bfddrums.com

nberigan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:45 pm Weird... I've been waiting on a support response for a pretty long time (got a confirmation and then silence) and I just happened upon this forum and it appears that support regarding v3.4 is being provided in this thread! Is this where I need to go now to get my problem solved? I had to start a kvr account just to post but I'd MUCH rather get support via the inhouse method. If someone could let me know which way inmusic wants to go....
You can try the BFD forum also. Drew also hangs out over there and you can message him directly. Similar deal as here, as you need to be a little active before you can start doing things, but there are a bunch of different threads.

https://forum.bfddrums.com

Amberience wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:50 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:43 pm Thread Too Long, Couldnt Find:

My system is, and for the forseeable future, will stay Win 7. I assume the InMusic downloadable version is Win10 only. So, my questions are:

If I dont migrate my account for the meantime, will FXpansion license manager still continue to work for legacy versions?
If I do migrate my account instead, am I right that any new license system wont work for legacy versions?
Will the option to migrate accounts stay open?
Option to migrate accounts will stay open for sometime yet, as will the old licensing servers. But I don't have exact dates on when any of that might be shut down.

This is a bit of a mess...

I also have quite a few registered BFD products and I am a Win 7 user...

I can't upgrade to the new version because it only runs on Win 10,so how do I migrate my products and end up with a usable solution that will be compatible with my system ?

Are the legacy builds going to be available to existing users who run Win 7 ?

This needs to be sorted out with consideration given to the end users who support the product...

Thank you...
No auto tune...

Just for reference, I'm not the support team. I'm the product owner for BFD. I'm absolutely able to help people with their issues, which I have been doing here, Gearspace, and the BFD Drums forum here: https://forum.bfddrums.com/

digitalboytn wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:30 am This is a bit of a mess...

I also have quite a few registered BFD products and I am a Win 7 user...

I can't upgrade to the new version because it only runs on Win 10,so how do I migrate my products and end up with a usable solution that will be compatible with my system ?

Are the legacy builds going to be available to existing users who run Win 7 ?

This needs to be sorted out with consideration given to the end users who support the product...

Thank you...
Sorry, I know it's a pain. But We can no longer build BFD for Windows 7. Win7 was discontinued by Microsoft as well as many other companies, so we're not alone in this.

You can migrate your account and all of your serials will come over. When you're ready to move up to Win10, your account will be primed and ready to go. In the meantime you can continue using the FXpansion version of BFD3 - 3.3.1.33 - for the time being.

Amberience wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:18 pm You can migrate your account and all of your serials will come over. When you're ready to move up to Win10, your account will be primed and ready to go. In the meantime you can continue using the FXpansion version of BFD3 - 3.3.1.33 - for the time being.
"When you're ready to move down to Win10" :wink:

I have a very stable DAW with Win 7 Pro x64 and I favour that stability over anything else...

Wheels have been round for quite a while now and the last time I looked,they were still pretty much that way :tu:
No auto tune...

Return to “Instruments”