New T-RackS Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Comprexxor

I demoed the Arouser V3 when it dropped late March and it didn't wow me (especially the interface) for the price so I was hesitant to try this one.

I can say I do really like this one though. Sounds really good, and I find it very versatile. The saturation section on this thing is nice. This thing is so good as a parallel compressor too. Really nice at smashing and mixing into drums.

CPU use is 4% for an instance on a current gen AMD 5800X. Which I find a little heavy, but acceptable and certainly usable. In comparison most compressors are 1-2%.

My only real criticism is that it does not display correctly in Cubase 11 Pro as a VST3 (Windows 10, 4k resolution, @200% scaling). It shows up with a big black section and you have to grab the lower right corner and resize the window and then it will display correctly. It happens any time you bring it up. This does not happen with other T-Racks plugins I've tested like Dyna Mu or Bus Comp. So something that needs to be fixed. VST 2 version does not have this issue either.

comprexxor issue.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rageix on Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jens wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:38 pm Never used that particular bit of Delphi madness... it's just that when something is typically quite stable and some people report bugs here nontheless - and often quite dramatic ones - these folks much more often than not use FL - so just from roaming KVR for many years, I am pretty convinced that FL must be the living nightmare of plugin builders - even though it seems to have gotten a lot better since Gol left.
I use FL Studio seven days a week for several hours a day. It's rock solid here and if it wasn't I wouldn't be using it. :wink:

Perhaps you missed the point of my original post that the 29 registered TRacks plugins I have owned for years have not crashed at least as far back as I can remember.

Only the two plugins I noted in the screenshot crashed while running in demo mode.

So let's look at the evidence. FL Studio has been rock solid here for years on multiple systems and OS's. Registered TRacks plugins I have owned and used for years have not crashed even though I use multiple ones in every recent project. Only the 2 plugins run in demo mode have crashed and did so almost immediately.

So where would the blame logically fall ? On FL Studio that you seem to have a grudge against or the two TRacks plugins that crashed ?

If you take away the preconceived bias I think the logical answer is quite clear. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

telecode wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:50 pm
LiteOn wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:42 am I do, however, have learned to see the benefits of installation managers for vendors with lots of stuff.
nope. its super annoying. if i want to demo something, i will go to the site and download the demo and try it and remove it if i dont like it. i am computer literate. i know how to get to a web site to download a demo. i do not need for an installer to install every friggin stupid product that company makes every time i update. it slows down DAW launching.

[Mod edit: Paragraph removed.]
You should read my post again. Additionally, an installation manager has nothing to do with DAW launching.

To throw this thread back on topic, I’m finding this to be a super versatile compressor so far across any kind of material. The saturation section is really flexible which I like a lot. It can be a really subtle comp in parallel or really extreme and snappy which is what I love about the distressor sound personally.

Easily accomplishes what a distressor emulation should and then some IMO!

Highly recommend if you are looking for a distressor compressor. My favorite before this was Slates FG Stress and UAD, but this is just as good (if not better in some ways) than those. Although all of the above are more than capable and can get the job done.

Good job IK I’m finding I can uninstall a lot of redundant plugins with the current state of t-racks plugins. When I first started I liked the idea of having a long list of developers in my plugins list installed, but it’s just not necessary and actually kills creativity to an extent.

If I had to start over buying plugins from scratch I would either go Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate or IK Total Studio MAX. Those 2 seem to complete the 98% of content one might need outside of a DAW to make music from start to finish. Although Total Studio covers the overall Mix/Mastering aspect much better. Just my 2 cents :)

telecode wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:53 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:37 pm
sprnva wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:05 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:16 pm I've got so many other compressors several of which are TRacks I'm not sure I'll go through the effort to demo this one. I'm sure it will require an update either to the Custom Shop, TRacks or both maybe even the Product Manager.
If you use the Tape Machines, the release notes for T-RackS 5.5.0 list a fix for the channel distortion bug with the A80 model.
Thanks for the info about the update.
Still no fix to glitches in Equal's GUI and MasterMatch in 96kHz. Oh well. Maybe next time
Is that why mastermatch crashes? My projects are 48k and it crashes.
Same here, crashes my 48k projects

slate upping competition, selling FG-stress for $49. great times :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:26 am slate upping competition, selling FG-stress for $49. great times :D
how good is it ?
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

demo and find out? (i never tried any of them, don't have the funds right now)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

ok thx ;) i ask because i know the Distressor is a legendary piece of gear and if it is a real bargain to have it.
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

Head's up for Mac users only. It has been reported that the locally-installed version of the manual accessed when you click the "?" icon in T-RackS is not updating properly. The version in your IK Product Manager / User Area does cover Comprexxor though in the mean time. The team is aware.

jonalyn wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:27 am
Burillo wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:26 am slate upping competition, selling FG-stress for $49. great times :D
how good is it ?
FG-Stress is better than Comprexxor. Half the price and not having to deal with IK nonsense make FG-Stress the no brainer choice.

ElevateAudio wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:39 am
jonalyn wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:27 am
how good is it ?
FG-Stress is better than Comprexxor. Half the price and not having to deal with IK nonsense make FG-Stress the no brainer choice.
Can’t go wrong with FG Stress at $49! I will disagree that it’s “better” though.

Comprexxor does a few things better than FG-Stress IMO and has additional features which is not available on FG-Stress or other distressor emulations like the tweak-able saturation section and the GB (german?) mode (which sounds fantastic).

And you can get Comprexxor for $69.99 with Jam Points. So about a $20-25 difference with Jam Points (IK just gave everyone $25 for the anniversary thingy).

If I was invested in the VMR ecosystem I would go FG-Stress, but those who have invested in T-Racks it’s a no brainer to go comprexxor.

If FG-Stress was that much better than Comprexxor Slate would’ve never sent out the promotional email and dropped the price on FG-Stress. He must’ve been a bit threatened by the release :)

I actually laughed when I got the email because I knew it was a response to Comprexxor release lol

Slate still with dongle? That's a plus for IK.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Absolute power corrupts, absolutely...
Mod Edit wrote:How many times must I say that people will not blindly call people shills. No I will not allow you to PM me and bother me with this nonsense I thought we put an end to it, members have already been banned over this and if you read back you will see that this has been a problem. Stop making baseless accusations...

i compared both comprexxor and fg stress and they both sound good to me. i am invested in both companies and i also use the ilok so that was not a consideration. i DO agree stevie probably put that on sale because of the release but then again... most of these 'sales' are set up in advance so who knows if he caught wind of it before hand. either way it doesn't matter.

i will say i ended up buying the fg stress... i really like fabrice's work he is a good coder and gets his cycle demands pretty low imo if it wasn't for his (FG) work i wouldn't even bother with stevie especially after the lies about fg-x 2 'coming soon' lol years ago. i also love the sound of IK product but frown heavily on the company policies of the past and present. so in the end... they are both about equal in my book and $47 beats $69 every day of the week. neither are 1:1 sound of the hardware but BOTH sound better to me than empirical's arouser lol even though DD said in the past it (arouser) wasn't a distressor (God only knows why) so it is not to be compared to either of these emulations imo

i DID like the comprexxor's additions but not $22 worth lol... i will just wait until the comprexxor is on sale for $25 down the road j/k

cheers
Last edited by MadDogE134 on Wed May 19, 2021 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Return to “Effects”