Any suggestions regarding to Acustica Audio?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JerGoertz wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:46 am
Nice song! :party:
+1 very nice, sounds amazing.
It reminded me the of the days when I used to listen to System 7.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:47 am
JerGoertz wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:46 am
Nice song! :party:
+1 very nice, sounds amazing.
It reminded me the of the days when I used to listen to System 7.
I was thinking System 7 also. A great band that seems to have been forgotten.
A well-behaved signature.

So I finally got an idea of what the different Acustica stuff is (N4, Acqua, Acquarius, etc) and bought N4 when it was on sale a few days ago, then bought Cream 2 for cheap from the Buy/Sell forum here, and it seems like some of the stock libraries don't do anything, and Cream2 glitches out and some of the functions on it don't do anything, or do something at first until the plugin fully glitches out and then turning knobs has no effect.

I *JUST* started using it, do I'll consult the manuals to make sure doing things correctly, but not a good initial look. A few of the stock libraries I got to work sounded maybe more analog than any of my algo plugs, so there might be some promise, but my hopes are not generally high.

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:05 am So I finally got an idea of what the different Acustica stuff is (N4, Acqua, Acquarius, etc) and bought N4 when it was on sale a few days ago, then bought Cream 2 for cheap from the Buy/Sell forum here, and it seems like some of the stock libraries don't do anything, and Cream2 glitches out and some of the functions on it don't do anything, or do something at first until the plugin fully glitches out and then turning knobs has no effect.

I *JUST* started using it, do I'll consult the manuals to make sure doing things correctly, but not a good initial look. A few of the stock libraries I got to work sounded maybe more analog than any of my algo plugs, so there might be some promise, but my hopes are not generally high.
What sample rate and buffer sizes are you using? What's your CPU and GPU?

The N3 add on is useful, use the reverb instance for mixing and the other for tracking.

For a starting point, I would try the "analog channel" pre on all channels followed by a tape on each, you should hear the difference.

No issues with Cream2 here, only the fact I have to bounce when using multiple instances.

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:05 am So I finally got an idea of what the different Acustica stuff is (N4, Acqua, Acquarius, etc) and bought N4 when it was on sale a few days ago, then bought Cream 2 for cheap from the Buy/Sell forum here, and it seems like some of the stock libraries don't do anything, and Cream2 glitches out and some of the functions on it don't do anything, or do something at first until the plugin fully glitches out and then turning knobs has no effect.

Nebula has always been kinda fiddly in my experience. There are definitely some real gems in the factory library, though. I like some of the tapes and reverbs quite a bit. Also check out Cupwise libraries.

The Noodlist wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:49 pmThe N3 add on is useful, use the reverb instance for mixing and the other for tracking.
What's the "N3 add on"?

JerGoertz wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:31 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:49 pmThe N3 add on is useful, use the reverb instance for mixing and the other for tracking.
What's the "N3 add on"?
I think it adds N3 compatibility, I could be wrong. Nebula3 for low latency tracking and the Nebula3 Reverb for mixing.

The Noodlist wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:18 pm
What's the "N3 add on"?
I think it adds N3 compatibility, I could be wrong. Nebula3 for low latency tracking and the Nebula3 Reverb for mixing.
Ah, okay. I think I've always been able to just use old N3 libraries in N4.

Okay, it's definitely not installed correctly, the UI is completely different what it should be on N4. Looks nothing like the manual. Maybe I'll try running Aquarius as administrator or something and reinstalling everything. Very annoying.

Seems like another developer where coding is a means to an end, so they have little interest in learning how to create and test proper, robust, user friendly software. Even Acquarius seems kinda wonky and not very well thought out.

If something is wrong with the installation, it ideally should be checking a bunch of things and giving me an error message with actionable information. Is it a permissions issue? A dependency that the software requires that I don't have installed? A registry value mismatch? Some software checks, error messaging, and guidance probably would not be super complicated to implement but would eliminate some customer frustration and support tickets for the company.

Hopefully I don't need to reinstall and or redownload everything a bunch of times in the process of figuring this out. From what I could get working I liked the sound, so I'll put more effort in.
JerGoertz wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:59 pm Ah, okay. I think I've always been able to just use old N3 libraries in N4.
Lots of people are very confused about almost everything having to do with Acustica, because the copy on the website is written poorly. My interpretation, which may be wrong, is that the Nebula 3 add-on has something to do with legacy GUI or skins.

The Noodlist wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:18 pm
What's the "N3 add on"?
This item was added to Aquarius to allow people coming from nebula 3 to make a gradual porting to nebula 4.

JerGoertz wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:29 pm

Nebula has always been kinda fiddly in my experience. There are definitely some real gems in the factory library, though. I like some of the tapes and reverbs quite a bit. Also check out Cupwise libraries.
Commercial Nebula 4 makes sense when using third-party libraries - not sold by us.
For using a acqua product it doesn't make much sense.
However we will update n4 player for this purpose. N4 player makes sense to use the third party libraries hosted on aquarius, and therefore officially sold by us.
Last edited by Zaphod (giancarlo) on Wed May 19, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:33 pm . Even Acquarius seems kinda wonky and not very well thought out.
We will have a new site.
As for aquarius, as much as it seems not well developed, to date it is the only incremental downloader manager where you can port a plugin to any released version. For example I can do an update to any version but also a downgrade to any version, and it's all managed with incremental downloads, which download the bare minimum.

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:10 pm This item was added to Aquarius to allow people coming from nebula 3 to make a gradual porting to nebula 4.
For me, it helps with low latency for 3rd party guitar amps without fiddling with N4 settings. I'd mess things up trying to achieve low latency for printing. Printing a preamp and a tape also saves bouncing.

Aquarius is a godsend compared to what there was before (well, there was nothing). Installing Aquas, plus the samplerate expansions, plus license activation - used to take quite a few steps, where, if you didn't know exactly what you were doing, you could stuff it up. That is all pretty much automated to a single "Install" click now.

But yes, Aquarius can still be improved for sure.

Here are my ideas. I don't expect any of this to be implemented. I did this on spec in my spare time to keep up my chops with the UI design software I use. These are mockups and the content is placeholder-only and not meant to convey the final product.

First, consolidate all the product functionality onto one screen with one interface with all the options relevant to that product. Also, reduce the number of screens. Home screen to highlight new and sale products, product list page that also allows listing by purchased, and finally a product manager page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”