Devious Machines Infiltrator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infiltrator

morphex wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:14 pm YES!!! I love databroth's way of commenting on a new plugin by simply making a demo video. This allows us to see the depth and capability of new software in a way that removes hyperbolic language commonly found in advertising. And a long-form video format can reveal a plugin's limitations and achievements equally depending on the user's knowledge or familiarity with mixing and software in general. Kind of like an interview or podcast. I certainly appreciate them sharing their time and experience with the rest of the audio community. I'll definitely check Infiltrator out!! :tu:
dude thank you, that's kinda my idea, I'm not reading off the spec sheet, or clicking through presets, I'm just using the plugin to the best of my ability (and often times for the first time)
so you can get an idea of workflow. Also I'm using my years of sound design knowledge and experimentation to really try to get the most out of each plugin, it doesn't always happen, but I'll usually try to push things into the more "extreme" territory it's capable of.

my goal is to have people ask "how would databroth use this?" when they are looking at a new plugin or soemthing that's on sale. I really apreciate this comment and it's encouraging for me to see stuff like this.

I should probably do some actual write ups here from time to time, and not just promote my videos with no context. But as long as people appreciate them, I'll keep sharing them
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Databroth's video just sealed the deal for me.

Played around with it last night and decided to buy it. I like how it sounds, I like the UI, I like the QoL goodies like safe-bass, lockable mix amount etc, I like the sale price and I like supporting indie devs, hard to say no really!

You can obviously go completely nuts with it, but even doing simple sweeps and builds is fun and fast with everything right there at your fingertips! You could achieve similar results using combinations of other standalone plugins, but it's nice to have a feature-rich, self-contained playground to mess around in.
Always Read the Manual!

Great idea! They could add more effects for sure. But its a great start and great sound out of it for sure! Will keep an eye on development. Good luck with a product Devious Machines

This is my first purchase from Devious Machines. They've been on my radar for a while, but with multiple effect plugins like Boom Library's EnRage, Cableguys Shaperbox 2, and Unfiltered Audio's Triad, I've had plenty to experiment with. Two factors were involved in my decision; Databroth's video and development by a couple of respected names in Psytrance and it's various sub-genres. I know EDM, Trance, or whatever you want to call it isn't everyone's cup of tea. But as someone who likes to push sound to the absolute bleeding-edge of technology, this plugin is fantastic!! It's also great on acoustic guitar and vocals.

The GUI and color scheme look gorgeous on my iMac. Very appealing to the eye. Functionally, the layout is conducive to a quick workflow and the sound quality is top-notch. I've often said that for me, when I first start out with a plugin, if I play for 6-8 hours straight because I'm having so much fun, then my money was well spent. I only got a few hours sleep last night but I had a blast. If you've been wanting to buy a multi-effect plugin, you can't go wrong with Infiltrator. :clap: :tu:

I was planning to buy Infiltrator using their Everything Devious Bundle Upgrade as I already own licenses for Texture, Pitch Monster & Duck, but the upgrade price is £30 more than buying Infiltrator and the Texture Rhythm pack individually. They're the only DM products I'm missing. Presumably it's an error by the shop.:shrug: Have written to support.

[EDIT]
Awesome support at Devious Machines! Turns out that I had bought 2 of my licenses at Plugin Boutique which means they weren't registered in my DM account. After seeing my PB receipts, Jim at DM reduced my Everything Devious Bundle Upgrade price from £119 to £59 :wheee:

reminds me of Sugar Bytes Looperator but seems like it has larger sequencer (X and Y), MSEGs and more options

I think this replaces all the (aforementioned) multi-FX plugins out there. Sounds awesome and looks beautiful.

Is Plugin Boutique their only reseller?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:57 pm I was planning to buy Infiltrator using their Everything Devious Bundle Upgrade as I already own licenses for Texture, Pitch Monster & Duck, but the upgrade price is £30 more than buying Infiltrator and the Texture Rhythm pack individually. They're the only DM products I'm missing. Presumably it's an error by the shop.:shrug: Have written to support.

[EDIT]
Awesome support at Devious Machines! Turns out that I had bought 2 of my licenses at Plugin Boutique which means they weren't registered in my DM account. After seeing my PB receipts, Jim at DM reduced my Everything Devious Bundle Upgrade price from £119 to £59 :wheee:
That's a really nice gesture. :tu:

I love the look of this and have a strong case of gas but have no idea how I would make use of its extensive powers.

I need to demo a bit more. I like this better than the other things that are out there that do this type of thing (some of which I own).

I also like Pitch Monster...

I'm inclined towards the bundle, but don't want/need Texture and Duck...

synzh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:43 am reminds me of Sugar Bytes Looperator but seems like it has larger sequencer (X and Y), MSEGs and more options
A vital difference is that Looperator supports multiple, keyswitchable sequencer patterns which -unfortunately- is quite indispensable, at least for me.

If DM added this one feature to Infiltrator, I´d be able to replace Glitch and Looperator in a jiffy...

SHall1000 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:42 pm I love the look of this and have a strong case of gas but have no idea how I would make use of its extensive powers.
Exactly. So, I decided to demo it and after playing with it for a bit, I realized I don't need it. I did not find any use case for my music. These kind of plugins are most suitable for instrumental/electronic experimental music in my opinion. Just for fun type. Of course, you could use them in typical songs, but don't feel it's worth to spend $100 for few seconds of special effects, which you can probably achieve with the plugins you already have, with a little more effort of course.

Infiltrator is an amazing option for those who are currently using 3-4 plugins for such tasks and are using it regularly enough.

Does Infiltrator have any randomize functions?
Is it multi-touch capable?

Edit: I see there is a limited randomize function. https://www.kvraudio.com/product/infilt ... s-machines

This thing sounds pretty damn good overall, but the things I liked the most are the Pitch Snapping and the Master section (would love that as a separate plugin). Didn't like the sequencer at all and the shapes drawing was somehow unintuitive compared to others. The presets were usually way too much to be usable without heavy tweaking.

Unfortunately, for me this plugin is more like a toy to play with than something genuinely useful. You could easily lose hours in it experimenting, but end up with your production workflow totally destroyed.

Return to “Effects”