RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

Dombaeb wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:20 am Hey. Any news about updates? Pretty calm in this thread. I almost can hear coding noise :)
Not really. The next update is a bigger one, so it will take a while.
Pictures will be posted as soon as there is something new to show. Probably in a new topic.

parawave wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:26 pm
Dombaeb wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:20 am Hey. Any news about updates? Pretty calm in this thread. I almost can hear coding noise :)
Pictures will be posted as soon as there is something new to show. Probably in a new topic.
Com on, you know the drill....teasers .... :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

One thing which is irritating is that the new updated grey browser for Waveforms and Multisamples has a bright grey colour for highlighting the patch names. The problem is that the patch names are of a mid grey in text themselves which makes it difficult to read the names of them because of the poor contrast (visually it's unpleasant to try and read what you have highlighted). I didn't see any reference within the config file to change the text or background for this area of Rapid. It would help if customising the colour of the GUI was an option one could change to suit their monitor brightness level or personal preferences in GUI customisation in this part of the instrument.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Glad to hear that something big is cooking. After all that time and many tries with analog synths I realized that Rapid sound engine, actually, awesome. I don't know how you and Richard from Synapse made so beafy, feature-rich and dirty in good way synths with so low CPU consumption but these days I stick only with synths with no less than that level. It is noticeable that a lot of effort has been invested in the Rapid. Good luck with the new update :)
parawave wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:26 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:24 pm One thing which is irritating is that the new updated grey browser for Waveforms and Multisamples has a bright grey colour for highlighting the patch names.
Not sure what you mean. Aren't the highlights blue in the default modern theme? An image showing the specific colours would clarify things.

parawave wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:37 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:24 pm One thing which is irritating is that the new updated grey browser for Waveforms and Multisamples has a bright grey colour for highlighting the patch names.
Not sure what you mean. Aren't the highlights blue in the default modern theme? An image showing the specific colours would clarify things.
The new patch browser is fine, it's the actual multisample and waveform menu listing you access from the Oscillator menu... as seen here. As a large static image on a webpage, it might not look like an issue... but it is whilst rolling over the different sample types within the instrument of the DAW you use with it being vastly smaller. In essence, the colours don't work well as they are, and an option in the config for this would really help to change that.

As for new features, the new category patch and search browser you added is something you could add to the Waveform & Multi Sample / Library page to help improve the search functionality of the synth as well, so you can easily search for your own self generated samples and others listed to the right side. You could add this to the left menu area.

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I love the latest update thank you!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

To follow up on my suggestion above I've illustrated this graphically, although it's probably best going across the top like this instead of on the side area. The names would be obviously different but the idea is much the same. Also notice the way I've highlighted the patch name so it's clearer.

How does the GUI of Rapid perform on your systems (1.8.5.12 on windows 10)??

I recently noticed that I´ve got some heavy lag and I am not sure if it was always like this...

Loading a fresh instance of Rapid takes about 5-6 seconds until the GUI shows up (load from SSD)...

This wouldn´t be so special but I get the same delay each time I reopen the GUI...
Second do I have a very noticeable delay (1-2 seconds) for clicking on a tab until it shows up...

Some things I asked the support (didn´t got any answer till now):

1. I cannot disable tool tips... no matter what I try ...tool tips are always "on"
2. same for the frame rate... it stays at 60 no matter how hard I try to set it to 30

Thx in advance...

Trancit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:03 pm How does the GUI of Rapid perform on your systems (1.8.5.12 on windows 10)??

I recently noticed that I´ve got some heavy lag and I am not sure if it was always like this...

Loading a fresh instance of Rapid takes about 5-6 seconds until the GUI shows up (load from SSD)...

This wouldn´t be so special but I get the same delay each time I reopen the GUI...
Second do I have a very noticeable delay (1-2 seconds) for clicking on a tab until it shows up...

1. I cannot disable tool tips... no matter what I try ...tool tips are always "on"
2. same for the frame rate... it stays at 60 no matter how hard I try to set it to 30

Thx in advance...
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 3.56 GHz
Windows 10 - Version 20H2
(All drives standard 7200 internal / external USB hard disks)

Rapid Version 8.5 (December 15th 2020 release date)

No problems opening an instance of Rapid in Studio One. (About 1.5 seconds to display)
Switching tabs is instant.

1. For me it's the opposite, I can't turn tooltips on, but when I try I notice that it has defaulted to off again. But I prefer much to have them off than on in any case.

2. Frame rate does remain changed once selected although I don't really see any visual difference between them... Not sure why there are two options, maybe it's a CPU thing.

----------------------

An oh whilst I'm here, I managed to improve the contrast difference in Rapids patch browser using that cool colour utility plugin Reshader that works well and almost exclusively for Rapid.. although OT it seems to work for NI Replika and possibly Massive which I've yet to test).

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:44 pm Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 3.56 GHz

No problems opening an instance of Rapid in Studio One. (About 1.5 seconds to display)

1. For me it's the opposite, I can't turn tooltips on, but when I try I notice that it has defaulted to off again. But I prefer much to have them off than on in any case.

2. Frame rate does remain changed once selected although I don't really see any visual difference between them... Not sure why there are two options, maybe it's a CPU thing.

----------------------

An oh whilst I'm here, I managed to improve the contrast difference in Rapids patch browser using that cool colour utility plugin Reshader that works well and almost exclusively for Rapid.. although OT it seems to work for NI Replika and possibly Massive which I've yet to test).
Thank you for the answer...
In S1 I get the same delay like in Reaper or FL Studio...
Just a question: Do you use a dedicated graphic card or inbuilt??

Trancit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:00 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:44 pm Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 3.56 GHz

----------------------

Thank you for the answer...
In S1 I get the same delay like in Reaper or FL Studio...
Just a question: Do you use a dedicated graphic card or inbuilt??
Dedicated.... It completely transformed my system.. I made a video of it infact. Big jump in the OpenGL score. I'm not sure if it makes using Rapid any better in response.. maybe it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqOLC3asbas

Trancit wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:03 pm How does the GUI of Rapid perform on your systems (1.8.5.12 on windows 10)??

Thx in advance...
For me, it has been super laggy all the time. Especially Live 10 and 11. FL 20 too. It takes long time to open, it lags. There is something wrong on it, and I dont even use Rapid anymore because of this. It makes me sad, that I cant sell it, ffs. I have 6900xt and 5900x, so it isnt about performance thing. I also had 3080 for a little while, and it also lag there. So not a Nvidia / AMD related thing. And I have fasr M2 drive for my music production. It just lags. I hope they fix this asap. It would be nice that the gui would open instantly, not after 5 to 6 seconds what it takes currently. Even if the delay is 2 to 3 sec, that is also annoying. It should be instantly. Like Sylenth and Spire.

keel wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:49 am For me, it has been super laggy all the time. Especially Live 10 and 11. FL 20 too. It takes long time to open, it lags. There is something wrong on it, and I dont even use Rapid anymore because of this. It makes me sad, that I cant sell it, ffs. I have 6900xt and 5900x, so it isnt about performance thing. I also had 3080 for a little while, and it also lag there. So not a Nvidia / AMD related thing. And I have fasr M2 drive for my music production. It just lags. I hope they fix this asap. It would be nice that the gui would open instantly, not after 5 to 6 seconds what it takes currently. Even if the delay is 2 to 3 sec, that is also annoying. It should be instantly. Like Sylenth and Spire.
Thank you... it seems I am not alone...

But how does it come that for one it´s snappy and for other The GUI lags...
I am in the same boat that this lagging makes working with Rapid not very pleasant or tbh super annoying...

I had this with Rapid.. it was laggy as hell after running fine.. was taking a few seconds longer to open too.. I know nothing about computers technically but found random info ages ago on KVR refering to a different plugin but same problem that worked for me.. I think I had updated Bitwig and the file wasn't set as run as administrator.. did that and was ok.. anyway I had this on windows 10 and it can be sorted.. I can't turn off tooltips either..

Return to “Instruments”