E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

Kr3eM wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:00 pm That's most likely to the fact that most people have not set their display properly.
My displays are perfectly calibrated. I just dislike overly bright GUIs for long periods of viewing.

If you're just calling up a plugin to select a preset that's one thing but if you're spending hours creating patches then it becomes an issue at least for me. Of all the plugins I own that have different skins or themes I always select the darker themes. They're simply more comfortable to my eyes. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I think room and lighting conditions are the factor outside of calibrated displays. Musicians may frequently work at night and/or in dark rooms with dim to no lights. Darker UI's better suit those environments. And frankly, there's nothing wrong with the GUI contrast/appearance as-is IMO (except the dark "white keys").

But hey, I say make the whole the thing skinnable! I'll make my own keys!

Making any plugin skinnable allows the most options to the end user.

Here's a side by side comparison of my crude mockup of a screenshot and the original. I could easily work with either but would prefer the light version. That's the first thing I would edit if Invader were skinnable.

Invader LightDark.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:24 pm Making any plugin skinnable allows the most options to the end user.

Here's a side by side comparison of my crude mockup of a screenshot and the original. I could easily work with either but would prefer the light version. That's the first thing I would edit if Invader were skinnable.

Invader LightDark.png
Yes, that looks much better.

UPDATE v1.0.5
  • Fix: Saving presets works again
  • UI has slightly more contrast
  • Fix: Stepped controls no longer have in between states in Reaper
  • Preset browser now closes on escape key
  • Preset browser now skips to next / prev folder using left / right keys
  • Preset readout now shows preset category
  • Invader LCD font updated
  • Envelopes renamed and swapped filter envelope to top, amp env to bottom.
  • Fix: Recording notes no longer cuts sound of overlapping notes
  • Knobs rotate a bit further to match the indicator lines
https://www.e-phonic.com/invader.html

Just opened the GUI real quick so can't test everything but the improved contrast looks great, the envelope order being changed makes sense, the knobs matching the indicator is great, really nice stuff!

Will give it a proper test after work and confirm the more functional issues. Nice stuff. Thanks very much!

Cool update :)

There is a white pixel which I can't oversee since I noticed it. :o
Is there a way to enable sustain pedal support and touch control?
All the other synths I own support both.

white.png
Skipping presets via arrow keys is great!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I don't have that white pixel...

e-crooner wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:13 pm I don't have that white pixel...
So, I just wondered if it appears with other GUI sizes, so I increased it to 140% or so. The problem is that now I can no longer access the GUI size selector because it is hopelessly outside the right margin no matter what I do. How do I reset the size? Restarting the DAW does not fix it since the synth remembers the last size set :hihi:

Well you could take mine then :hihi:
It's even visible on the website.
Maybe its because I'm on 200% on a 34'' :?

PhaseTransition wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:19 pm
Well you could take mine then :hihi:
It's even visible on the website.
Maybe its because I'm on 200% on a 34'' :?
Maybe my wood is from another tree :hihi:

e-crooner wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:18 pm How do I reset the size? Restarting the DAW does not fix it since the synth remembers the last size set :hihi:
:lol: You can set it to 1.0 in the settings.ini file:
C:\Users\{YOU}\AppData\Local\E-Phonic Invader\settings.ini

PhaseTransition wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:02 pm There is a white pixel which I can't oversee since I noticed it. :o
:o
It's in the wood texture I use, they didn't sand it properly!
PhaseTransition wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:02 pm Is there a way to enable sustain pedal support and touch control?
It's not implemented atm. So I'll have to look in to it.

I didn't notice it before. My new screen arrived just a few days before. And now with the sligthly lighter tone and the larger size the pixel shines through. :o

Return to “Instruments”