Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

I've been an S1 user since the first version. But the latest paid upgrade were absolutely worthless. It was more or less plugins minor GUI update. The EQ so sucks (and this is usually one of the most frequently used plugins on any DAW) that I had to buy a third-party EQ. What a shame.

Dark Lights wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:07 pm I've been an S1 user since the first version. But the latest paid upgrade were absolutely worthless. It was more or less plugins minor GUI update. The EQ so sucks (and this is usually one of the most frequently used plugins on any DAW) that I had to buy a third-party EQ. What a shame.
The ProEQ? How does it suck? In sound? Or, in function?
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Both, function and sound. Just make a rolloff on S1 EQ and Melda. S1 is too artificial. I know they have implemented a linear mode, but for me it's too late.

I use Pro EQ really often and gets the results I want. Make sure you have High Quality turned on. Sure, it doesn't have MS or dynamic eq, but for stock is really good. Also, MS can be done using splitter. IMO, Pro EQ has way better user interface than Melda, but that's just a matter of "taste".

Dark Lights wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:51 pm Both, function and sound. Just make a rolloff on S1 EQ and Melda. S1 is too artificial. I know they have implemented a linear mode, but for me it's too late.
Okay, thanks! I'll listen carefully when I try it to see if I agree. However, the GUI for it looks pretty standard to me. But we'll see...
Last edited by syntonica on Sun May 30, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

So far, I didn't have an issue with Presonus' Pro EQ either. Will take a listen now as well though, and compare it to some other EQ's I have.

I use Studio One as well, and never bothered about the stock EQ (I use CraveEQ instead). Too limited for today's standards. The upgrade should've been deeper.

I've heard many things about CraveEQ and I'm curios, what do you consider a limitation in Pro EQ that's doable in CraveEQ? I've checked their website, would've been a buy from me if it had dynamic eq.

Oh, there's a lot of thing. From the top of my head it's got a resizeable GUI, better analyzer, many more bands, many more band types, 4 different phase models.. and a top tier sound quality. For dynamic EQ I use Nova

Not sure how long this offer was on but until the end of the first of June the 1st ( that's well one day ), you get upgrades with 25% off retail price from any version... Producer or Professional.

https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One-5- ... l-versions

Well 5.0 seemed rather weak for me.. so I passed.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Too many paid effects. Could just include them in a 152 euro upgrade to make it more worth it.

Dark Lights wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:23 pmToo many paid effects. Could just include them in a 152 euro upgrade to make it more worth it.
Between this, CTC-1 and Fat Channel collection I think the idea is to encourage people to switch to Sphere, instead of perpetual license.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I think so too, which is a bummer seeing they care now more about subscriptions.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case...

Their email promotions and site definitely suggest it.

Anyway, it's a trend I see coming for all DAW's.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”