Novation Sound Collective (NI Massive + Ozone Elements)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:00 pm
mjudge55 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:53 pm with Retromod it seems more about modifying existing patches.
I just tried to do a simple Filter sweep: Cutoff Low, Res High, Env amount set to 100%, Slow Attack on the Filter ENV......nothing, doesn't work.

Also some of the patches have an Arp built in but I can't find any Arp controls at all so you can't control mode, range, or rate.
Yeah it's weird, on some patches the filter envelope doesn't seem to do anything, others it appears to be a significant part of the patch you can tweak.

The arp business is odd too, doesn't track tempo changes.

I'd look at it as a preset player with a few extra facilities. I have an Alpha Juno and the presets seem to capture some of its sound so I'd expect the Juno 60 and 106 samples are decent too, patches sound good. I'll keep it around.

It's been years since I sold my Juno 60 but going only on memory this fails to capture the spirit of the 60.

I'll probably delete the content and keep the plugin installed. Maybe they'll give away another expansion at some point. Nothing I've heard in this one inspires me to buy an expansion even with the 50% off coupon. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:47 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:08 pm Both of the content downloaders have failed to complete 3 times now because of a "Network Error" ... maybe they are getting hammered at the moment (?) or maybe its my slow connection.

Make that 4 times now. The download failed again while I've been writing this post. When I click on Resume the download starts again from scratch. :(

I'm giving up on for now.
I contacted Tracktion and they provided me with a Dropbox link as an alternative. Seems to be working ... 3 hours to go :)
No luck ... the download failed again after downloading for about 2 hours. Sounds like it's not worth the bother anyway so I'll give it a miss.

I like Retromod 106 much more than Syntronik, and I own MKS50 (rack mount version of the juno alpha). I think the fact, that Retromod relies on the original synthesis engines, is a pro, because this way the original, raw character is kept within the samples, whilst Syntronik patches mostly sound like coming from a generic softsynth because of how much software processing is going on with them, and many times one cannot distinguish between patches coming from different vintage legends because of this.

TBH they lost me when I saw that I have to register on yet another site to be able to download this freebie.

Although I could swear I already registered on the Tracktion site once. But, really cba to find those credentials now...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:42 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:47 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:08 pm Both of the content downloaders have failed to complete 3 times now because of a "Network Error" ... maybe they are getting hammered at the moment (?) or maybe its my slow connection.

Make that 4 times now. The download failed again while I've been writing this post. When I click on Resume the download starts again from scratch. :(

I'm giving up on for now.
I contacted Tracktion and they provided me with a Dropbox link as an alternative. Seems to be working ... 3 hours to go :)
No luck ... the download failed again after downloading for about 2 hours. Sounds like it's not worth the bother anyway so I'll give it a miss.
Strange as it only took about 45 seconds to download each of the content files. The site was feeding me at about 40 MB/s. Maybe it's region specific ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

in my memory you could download the offerings before these too...
i want the puremagnetic ones, did not save them on time, now all links seem to be gone?

The offers are removed when the new ones come around. Sometimes they return, but you need to catch them while they're available.
Image Image Image Image

robindrieghe wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm now all links seem to be gone?
yes
those offers have a time limit

for example the current ones it clearly states:
KLEVGR
From 28th January to 25th March, you can download DAW Cassette
tracktion
from March 4 to May 6
after those end-dates, they vanish

and make place for new ones! :)

This month’s exclusive Sound Collective community giveaway is GForce’s impressive emulation of the original Mini, for Mac and Windows (Minimonsta IS NOT compatible with the latest version of macOS, Big Sur).

Minimonsta is free to download for Sound Collective members from 3rd June 2021 to 5th August 2021 (4pm GMT), and comes with a 25% discount code for their newly released OB-E — a unique take on the legendary 8-Voice, offering complete per-voice control. There is also a 50% discount code to redeem against other instrument in the GForce range.
Image Image Image Image

Nice one :tu:

Nice. :) Thanks for the heads up.

Nice one :tu:

The deal is there for Focusrite customers as well. I don't need yet another MiniMoog style synth but I've never been able to resist a freebie so thanks Focusrite and GeForce and thanks to sprnva for the heads up. :tu:

Now, that's a GIFT! Thank you, Novation, GForce and sprnva! :clap:

Return to “Instruments”