Novation Sound Collective (NI Massive + Ozone Elements)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hopefully next month's Focusrite giveaway is a magnifying glass so I can actually see this f**king GUI :P

I'm not seeing any minimonsta license in my focusrite account. Would love to have it

sqigls wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:55 am Hopefully next month's Focusrite giveaway is a magnifying glass so I can actually see this f**king GUI :P
:lol:

Yes it's a shame. I literally can't see a thing. :shock: I have to get my nose right up to the monitor just to change patches but it does sound good.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

totally
yeah i should have added a thank you Focusrite/Novation in there somewhere amongst my cheekiness
gifts that keep giving :D

aaah, and a thank you GForce :)

Cool...

chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:04 pm So, how do I uninstall Minimonsta? Just checked it out briefly, but, decided that Monark is a hundred times better. There's no uninstaller. Can I just delete the installation folders?

Man, Gforce is so sloppy... the installer already appears like it was made in the last millenium.
I've got Monark - it's monophonic. You can make the Monsta polyphonic, and it looks like it's got a lot of extra features beyond that too. They both sound real good - just different flavors.

I gotta agree, it sounds really nice and the polyphony and some of the other features (that I haven't fully explored yet) seem to set it apart from some other minimoogs. But the UI is really dated and takes a lot of fun out of it and not just the scaling. Not to complain about a freebie, but this is something to improve for sure.

felis wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:18 am
chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:04 pm So, how do I uninstall Minimonsta? Just checked it out briefly, but, decided that Monark is a hundred times better. There's no uninstaller. Can I just delete the installation folders?

Man, Gforce is so sloppy... the installer already appears like it was made in the last millenium.
I've got Monark - it's monophonic. You can make the Monsta polyphonic, and it looks like it's got a lot of extra features beyond that too. They both sound real good - just different flavors.
It's actually sounding pretty good considering its age. I just found that Monark resembles a Minimoog better, and that it's also snappier (try some fast filter decay sounds with high resonance, and compare them) and that I prefer Monark's interface, naturally.

Minimonsta is surely nice as a freebie, if you don't have a Minimoog emulation yet, but, I definitely think there's at least 5 more contemporary emulations which do a better job. Fair enough, tech has evolved a lot. And, I don't think you'd give something away which blows everything else out of the water either. ;)

Not trying to be negative, just my opinion.

in the mix though, sounds a bit of alright

This tutorial by Dave is easy to follow and the sound he makes here is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpb96pkzh40

I've also got Arturia Mini V, and am happy with what that one does too, even though it seems to get bad mouthed a lot.

I've never been one to look for exact sounding emulations. If I wanted a real hardware Mini, I'd just buy one. :-P

I can definitely say that Minimonsta is a lot better than the Arturia. I'm just spoiled by Monark, and also Diva, that's all. ;)

gforce support fixed the webpage/not showing up/no joy-glitch for me - thanks!

so anybody who has the same problems:
get a support ticket :-)

I didn't felt that way, for me it was easy as a breeze to activate.

The GUI on this, and all their other plugins, is totally unusable on my Surface Pro. Everything about this experience with GForce, even the installers, has left me cold. They feel like a 3rd tier developer with top tier prices. They should be charging the same kinds of prices as Cherry Audio for what they have to offer. Maybe the disinterest in making a Windows version of OB-E indicates they simply aren't interested in the Windows side of their business? Fine by me, I'm not interested in anything they have to sell either. Not even at 50% off.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”