Favorite granular effect?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:11 am
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:25 pmclouds
What is ´clouds’ ?
I assume either the original eurorack module or this: https://www.softube.com/clouds

yes.
the eurorack in my case. but it is as you say also available in software.

Portal and Silo are absolute game changers.
There are very few tools like them that I am aware of.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:03 pm Portal and Silo are absolute game changers.
I second that. Totally! Crazy wild granular stuff with these two.

highkoo wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:03 pm Portal and Silo are absolute game changers.
I agree with this too.

In the hardware world, Make Noise Morphagene is fantastic.

Kiitwa wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:07 pm
I agree with this too.

:tu:

morphagene/data bender/clouds/mimeophone is my current patch :D

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:46 pm
I agree with this too.

Nice collection of modules :tu: I have Data Bender too :)

Kiitwa wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:02 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:46 pm
I agree with this too.

Nice collection of modules :tu: I have Data Bender too :)
it's my latest module, so im still at the "let's bend everything!" stage :hihi:
it's pretty bloody awesome!

looking forward to my ADDAC112, its taking longer than expected as they decided to make it stereo apparently. Shouldn't be too long now.

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:25 pmclouds
Beads
:D

Red Panda Tensor was pretty great -- I wish there was a Euro or plugin version. It's less of a general granular effect and more of a magical tape loop, with independent pitch/time changing, reverse-on-demand, and a very musical detector that determines buffer length and a great randomizer. Sometimes it felt like it was playing counterpoint off the input about as well as a human could...

I also had a Particle 2 for a while, but found myself trying to control it with MIDI and kind of hating the awkwardness and disconnected feeling that gave it. I'd probably like it fine as a plugin.

stepkus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:08 am Fritz from Lectric Panda is great!

"Fritz is a granular effects device capable of complex and psychedelic effects including pitch shifting, drone synthesis, stutters, glitches, reverbs, pitch smearing, time smearing, chord generation, texture clouds, sonic bursting, and many effects that are too strange to be named."
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ion/fritz/

It is a Reason Rack Extension. I use it in Reason Rack in Logic and Nuendo
Fritz is killer and my go-to along with Lectric Panda’s Torsion Texture Lab which is the instrument version where you can load up to 6 samples and use multiple grain engines. I don’t use reason stand alone, just the rack and just cherry pick the modules I want. I have ALL the Lectric Panda stuff. :).

These go under the radar in these granular discussions, but are worth a look and it’s nice to see them getting some love!

There's a new granular effect, hopefully I'll try it later

https://www.flowsonics.net/graindrop

dopet wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:19 pm
stepkus wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:08 am Fritz from Lectric Panda is great!

"Fritz is a granular effects device capable of complex and psychedelic effects including pitch shifting, drone synthesis, stutters, glitches, reverbs, pitch smearing, time smearing, chord generation, texture clouds, sonic bursting, and many effects that are too strange to be named."
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ion/fritz/

It is a Reason Rack Extension. I use it in Reason Rack in Logic and Nuendo
Fritz is killer and my go-to along with Lectric Panda’s Torsion Texture Lab which is the instrument version where you can load up to 6 samples and use multiple grain engines. I don’t use reason stand alone, just the rack and just cherry pick the modules I want. I have ALL the Lectric Panda stuff. :).

These go under the radar in these granular discussions, but are worth a look and it’s nice to see them getting some love!
Fritz is very good, alot of fun! Definitely recommended. Would love to see it outside of Reason.

Kiitwa wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:31 pm There's a new granular effect, hopefully I'll try it later

https://www.flowsonics.net/graindrop

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=566190

Return to “Effects”