Reason 12 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12 Reason Intro Reason Suite

antic604 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:41 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:39 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:25 pm EDIT: Gosh, Reason is beautiful! I keep forgetting about it :love:
More beautiful in HD with zoom, they will do well with 12.
I mostly mean the tasteful design, element placement, even colours. None of that will get really better with HD, just sharper. I really wonder how DAW GUI elements will look like, especially the mixer, but going by everything I'm seeing it's last on the list and will receive the least attention.
I'm on 4K 32 inch....I need HD so I could zoom (running at 120% in the beta is great), and yes I agree, I like the way it looks, its clean and simple and not death by drop down menus.,...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

killmaster wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:43 pm Is it worth upgrading from 11 to 12? (in a nutshell)
Too early to tell unless you need HD as I did, then its a must.
The new combiner sounds great, may be a big deal- no real details about the updated sampler and nothing in beta yet. faster browser search improvement also there.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

killmaster wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:43 pm Is it worth upgrading from 11 to 12? (in a nutshell)
If blazing fast search, HD graphics, a new sampler, and a new Combinator 2 are important to you, then absolutely!!! If you’re on version 10 or older, then absolutely!!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I think we know roughly what we are getting with the new combiner
Love to know more about the new (or updated?) sampler. I
I suspect we will also get new content for the new devices, some patches to show of combiner 2.

What's going to happen with the SSL Mixer ?....

... each channel strip element broken down into a rack device which will scale seems like the only feasible way to go now, because I can't see them doing anything more fancy as I illustrated earlier in this thread. Much easier to have just the rack and main arrangement than three separate windows to try and deal with.

And if they want to add a video screen in the future, well that's now more of a useful location in where the SSL Mixer is by default. I dunno, maybe they could do a live stream directly into your DAW's video player, allowing the Props to do live tutorials and for you to follow along, right inside the DAW. It would be really bring a sense of live interactivity to the Reason experience, using a video window that would stream from platforms like youtube as an option. Kinda like an offshoot of what Presonus are doing in connecting with it's users.

If they can bring the sequencer functionality up to scratch to be on par with Cubase or S1, not forgetting the addition of notation, folder tracks, and steptime-recording directly on the sequencer.. it may just get back up to level pegging with the other leading DAWs..
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

God I hope they don’t make it more like Cubase and Studio One, we have enough bread and butter DAWS vomiting out features in a race to win the feature count war whilst sacrificing usability and (god forbid) fun.

Let’s just leave DAWS like Reason and Bitwig for people who want something different than the mainstream....Thank god some people think differently.

Notation is Reason! I think you are missing the point completely. :lol:

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:02 pmWhat's going to happen with the SSL Mixer ?....
Hopefully just a HD spit & polish. It's pretty much perfect - best mixer in any DAW I worked with.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Maybe Reason should be so different then, that it should have a spiral sequencer instead.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

SLiC wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:26 pm Notation in Reason! I think you are missing the point completely. :lol:
Lol! Indeed. :lol:
antic604 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:45 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:02 pmWhat's going to happen with the SSL Mixer ?....
Hopefully just a HD spit & polish. It's pretty much perfect - best mixer in any DAW I worked with.
This. So much this.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:45 pm
Completely agree!
So nice not needing to toss the usual eq on or compressor as they're already there. And there's really no menu diving

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:46 pm Maybe Reason should be so different then, that it should have a spiral sequencer instead.
I'd love that as a player - great idea!!! :party: :clap:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

MuzikFreq wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:46 pm So nice not needing to toss the usual eq on or compressor as they're already there. And there's really no menu diving
We even have stereo spread/narrow built in and thus good 3D mixing options by default. Even the graphics are cooler than what I have seen elsewhere. I think the 3D feeling is a core motive to me, not only the mixer, but the turnable rack too, of course. To me, Reasons simply stands out from the 2D growd vividly. I am at the edge of fanboism, though I am still able to understand that others may feel differently.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

Being able to swap out the Track VU meter for a tuner on every track is genius, this and the dub tracks, fast pitch edit and comping is making Reason be my first choice now when it’s just me recording guitar....that used to be why I used S1. I really wasn’t expecting that!

Just discovered ALT in comping selects S1 style (no need to cut with razor) so my one niggle was a beginners error. The combination of comp bounce and single take is extremely powerful for keeping several different completed comp takes on one track...the single take button is another ‘folder saver’ ;-)

I’m a Melodyne Studio user, but the monophonic pitch correction built in to Reason sounds really good to me, it’s very fast and easy to use...even with ARA Melodyne always looks and acts a little bit different in S1....

EnochLight wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:54 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:26 pm Notation in Reason! I think you are missing the point completely. :lol:
Lol! Indeed. :lol:
I thought I agreed, but on second thoughts Props have been adding a bunch of ROMplers and sample instruments which seem equally out of place. Maybe they are trying to make Reason more appealing to composers and songwriters.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”