FL STUDIO 21 - What's news?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys, how are you? In 2021, i think that will be released a new version of FL STUDIO, or FL STUDIO 21.
What's news contained?
In an article, i have read some ideas and suggestions about this new love version.
What think about?
article on FL STUDIO 21: https://www.flstudioitalia.it/fl-studio ... spettarsi/
Last edited by Dj Quasar on Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

I suspect we are some way off from 21, currently there is Currently 20.9 beta 2 - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=564220&p=8123033#p8123033

Lots of good improvements in that, there is also a thread on IL forum about 21 watchlist- IL are pretty good at road mapping and saying what features they 'will' add....they have a thread on this as well.

Currently 'confirmed' for 21 is themes/skinning and a 'non pattern' based workflow 'option'.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hasn't been an update for a few months I think, so there must be something coming soon - whether it's V21 or 20.9.

There was an update about 2 weeks ago (beta 2 of 20.9), so 20.9 will be next.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Honestly rather just use MPC 2 as a plug-in in Cubase than FL. I don't like how messy this DAW gets to work in.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Is there any chance that FLS will have ARA integration?
My guess is that FLS 21 will be released before September 30, 2021. :roll:

I would use FL Studio IF they add in auto mixer routing when placing samples into the project. Having unlimited tracks, and a proper bounce in place.

Mainly waking up to the rest of the industry in how samples are handled and how a mixer console works.
It's really sad for how they focused sooooo much on appearances and haven't really innovated in how many years? Yet Reason is way easier to work in.
The arranger in FL needs work too imho.

I would think FL isn't going to get ARA - since it already has Newtone integration. I wish Live would get ARA, but I can live w/o it...

Newtone is actually pretty good (although not polyphonic, suitable for most jobs). I think 'integration' could be better - If they combine Edison and Newtone and maybe just make it part of an integrated audio editor (rather than all separate plugin only) then I think it would be more natural to a lot of people.

Is there a chance of them dropping the vst version of FL in the near future?
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

melomood wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:53 pm Is there a chance of them dropping the vst version of FL in the near future?
Do you mean stop making the VST3 version of FL? I'm not sure why they would do that.

Good. It was a random thought after I heard they were no longer making their other vst instruments
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

MuzikFreq wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:36 am I would use FL Studio IF they add in auto mixer routing when placing samples into the project.
It does, if you drop the sample on an empty playlist track.

ozinga wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:08 pm
MuzikFreq wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:36 am I would use FL Studio IF they add in auto mixer routing when placing samples into the project.
It does, if you drop the sample on an empty playlist track.
:ud: what?
What the bejesus?

Sometimes a DAW begins as midi focused, or audio focused.

They can add other features along the way, but they are better at what they are focused at.

In my opinion, FL Studio is midi focused, the audio features are somewhat clunky, but it's OK

I love it for midi work, especially the piano roll

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”