Why you left Bitwig?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

liquidsound wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:57 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:48 pm
liquidsound wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:40 pm It never happened in 6 years....
That’s a useless observation IF this has happened due to a new system recently implemented for v4 and on.

Who knows....
It affected also people on 2.x and 3.x, so I've no idea where you got that "theory" from...
That’s the reason for my theory antic.
If they changed the system it will effect everything and until we hear from them any theory it’s on the table.
We heard from them a while ago...

To the Bitwig Community,

This morning between 1:00 and 7:20 Central European Time (CET), a bug affecting our servers broke the activation process of Bitwig Studio and caused the application to go into demo mode. The issue has now been resolved and everything is working again.

We want to sincerely apologize for any problems, inconvenience, or worry this situation caused. That it happened in the first place is embarrassing and not up to our standards.

Even though the original issue is resolved, we are working on further improvements of the activation system, double- and triple-checking that something like this won't repeat itself in the future.

Best regards,
The Bitwig Team

pdxindy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:55 pm Even though the original issue is resolved, we are working on further improvements of the activation system, double- and triple-checking that something like this won't repeat itself in the future.

Best regards,
The Bitwig Team
Great but....
With an offline authorization a “phono home” should not be implemented if this was the case.
I always use offline with Ableton and other programs when possible for additional reasons.

As a funny side note On Topic.... we didn’t left Bitwig, last night Bitwig left us :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

The majority of posters in this thread never left Bitwig and rather argued why they didn’t. Is this off off topic then?
The “why you left Ableton” thread is much more on topic and flooded by Bitwig users. Ableton should be scared…
Last edited by Tj Shredder on Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:13 amThe “why you left Ableton” thread is mich more on topic and flooded by Bitwig users. Ableton should be scared…
Paraphrasing the popular saying, I'm sure they're shitting their pants on their way to the bank :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:20 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:13 amThe “why you left Ableton” thread is mich more on topic and flooded by Bitwig users. Ableton should be scared…
Paraphrasing the popular saying, I'm sure they're shitting their pants on their way to the bank :D
Probably not, because they have people like you, me, SLiC and the rest, who still paid for/use both :D
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:25 am...paid for/use both :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:35 am
PieBerger wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:25 am...paid for/use both :D
I can see why you thought that, but no I wasn't taking a sly dig at you, not this time around anyway :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

Yeh, there are a few of use that have paid for more than one DAW (I even have more than one VA VST I am so extravagant :-))

I guess it depends what you mean by 'left', I never sold my Live 9 licence but did start using Bitwig from V2 more than I was using Live 9...Live 11 is a different proposition and I am probably using it more than I use Bitwig currently....I love using either (or Renoise, Reason, FL - whatever I feel like)

Just for the sake of controversy, I would say that Live is probably better overall for me at the moment, partly based on how much better MAX is now and how good the new MAX rack devices are...some amazing 3rd party stuff for MPE, Modulation and sequencing and the MAX stuff is coming 'shotgun' stye making the DAW more interesting. So have I left Bitwig? No, just using whatever is better on the day for whatever I am doing...in 6 months that may be Bitwig again...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 pm Yeh, there are a few of use that have paid for more than one DAW (I even have more than one VA VST I am so extravagant :-))

I guess it depends what you mean by 'left', I never sold my Live 9 licence but did start using Bitwig from V2 more than I was using Live 9...Live 11 is a different proposition and I am probably using it more than I use Bitwig currently....I love using either (or Renoise, Reason, FL - whatever I feel like)

Just for the sake of controversy, I would say that Live is probably better overall for me at the moment, partly based on how much better MAX is now and how good the new MAX rack devices are...some amazing 3rd party stuff for MPE, Modulation and sequencing and the MAX stuff is coming 'shotgun' stye making the DAW more interesting. So have I left Bitwig? No, just using whatever is better on the day for whatever I am doing...in 6 months that may be Bitwig again...
How dare you be so reasonable, stop fence sitting and pick a side :lol:

I'm the same, although I'm leaning more towards Bitwig because the audio editing and hybrid tracks are more useful to me then M4L. I'm still using Live for my collab projects and I don't think I'll ever give it up entirely; even if it's just have to have a second DAW to use in case of outages etc. Since they're both quite similar, it's not so painful to flick between the two. Now that I'm using Bitwig more, there are little things that are grinding my gears, so it will be nice to be able to take breaks by using Live again.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:48 pm ....it's just have to have a second DAW to use in case of outages etc...
Topical :lol:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 pmJust for the sake of controversy, I would say that Live is probably better overall for me at the moment, partly based on how much better MAX is now and how good the new MAX rack devices are...some amazing 3rd party stuff for MPE, Modulation and sequencing and the MAX stuff is coming 'shotgun' stye making the DAW more interesting. So have I left Bitwig? No, just using whatever is better on the day for whatever I am doing...in 6 months that may be Bitwig again...
That just means you are on topic :hihi:

What you find compelling, I find a turn off. Too much Max stuff, too much cost for all the 3rd party tools, and too much learning curve. Hell, too much time spent just looking at it all.

I like apps that are self contained, one simple install, everything there, no in-app purchases, which is what M4L works out to be.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 pmJust for the sake of controversy, I would say that Live is probably better overall for me at the moment, partly based on how much better MAX is now and how good the new MAX rack devices are...some amazing 3rd party stuff for MPE, Modulation and sequencing and the MAX stuff is coming 'shotgun' stye making the DAW more interesting. So have I left Bitwig? No, just using whatever is better on the day for whatever I am doing...in 6 months that may be Bitwig again...
That just means you are on topic :hihi:

What you find compelling, I find a turn off. Too much Max stuff, too much cost for all the 3rd party tools, and too much learning curve. Hell, too much time spent just looking at it all.

I like apps that are self contained, one simple install, everything there, no in-app purchases, which is what M4L works out to be.
My head is always turned by a shiny new toy :hihi:

There is a lot of great free MAX stuff, some of it arguable as good as some of the devices we got as updates in Bitwig. I was expecting Bitwig 4 to have the 'sharing' features and some sort of API out for 3rd party developers to make devices they could sell for Bitwig, but this hasn't happened yet, so if you want it, you pretty much have to make it! If you don't like having the 'option' to buy new devices (like a nice MSEG or step sequencer ;-)) and new sound packs then Bitwig is definitely for you!

SLiC wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:40 pmIf you don't like having the 'option' to buy new devices (like a nice MSEG or step sequencer ;-))
I have no interest to buy new devices... I'll happily wait until Bitwig releases an update that has an MSEG.

One of the reasons I also keep VST's to a bare minimum. Too much 3rd party stuff including M4L stuff means something always needs an update, too many new features with their constant learning curve.

SLiC wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:40 pmThere is a lot of great free MAX stuff
Nothing is free... it takes time to figure out what to download. Some of the M4L stuff one downloads sucks and is buggy. To find all the great free M4L devices means searching and testing. It occupies mind space that can be put towards actual creative activity.
SLiC wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:40 pmMy head is always turned by a shiny new toy :hihi:
There is treatment for that affliction :hihi:

pdxindy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:58 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:40 pmIf you don't like having the 'option' to buy new devices (like a nice MSEG or step sequencer ;-))
One of the reasons I also keep VST's to a bare minimum. Too much 3rd party stuff including M4L stuff means something always needs an update, too many new features with their constant learning curve.
I can't argue with your logic, in fact I would go further and say that I am never productive as soon as a computer is involved (Hello KVR!) I write most of my real music on an acoustic guitar and if it isn't finished as a song that way, it never gets easier when I get near a computer (I think I'll just add some sting's to the bridge Oh, Kontact has been updated...ohh, there is 50% off an orchestral strings pack...I'll check on KVR see what people think (another song never 'Kompleted'!)

As for electronic music made with synths, modular, VSTs etc...I have zero discipline...but I really enjoy 'playing' and learning, so I am a happy bunny overall :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”