Available now: Tone2 Nemesis 2.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nemesis 3

Any suggestions for modulating the "NEO FM" dial? I just don't feel like there's enough creativity in the lfo's and envelopes. With Bazille, you've got the lag generators to take pops out of using the sequencer/ramps/mapping generators, but with Nemesis, using the arp/steplfo to modulate is too noisy with pops, which doesn't leave many options.

In nearly all Tone2 synths you can smooth any matrix source.

In Matrix Slot 1:
- Select Arp StepLfo+ as source
- Select X:=value as target
- Set Matrix Send to +100

In Matrix Slot 2:
- Select Filter(X) as source
- Select FM1 (or any target you wish) as target
- Set Matrix Send to +33 (this one controls the smoothing speed)

... which is another great example of why you can very quickly run out of matrix slots in ALL of the Tone 2 synthesizers (and why I keep complaining that I want more!!).

A simple smoothing operation (that is usually built-in on other synths) takes up a whole extra slot. Now imagine adding a few midi controller things and multiple velocity routings that you want to manipulate. It is _very_ easy to run out of slots.

So yeah, my wish that I've been saying year after year:

Please please PLEASE add more matrix slots! (especially Electra and Gladiator!)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:56 am In nearly all Tone2 synths you can smooth any matrix source.

In Matrix Slot 1:

In Matrix Slot 2:
Oh, okay! This is wonderful to learn. Followed your directions and it works wonderfully.
bmanic wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:19 am A simple smoothing operation (that is usually built-in on other synths)...
I did not know this, but it sure is going to open up a lot of doors for me. So thrilled to get educated on this tip. :tu:

My only request for this synth is to move the patch randomization feature out of the file drop down menu. It gets frustrating having to open the menu every time to click to randomize the patch. If you could click it semi quickly it'd be a lot faster to use.

Bodhisan wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:19 am
Markus Krause wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:56 am In nearly all Tone2 synths you can smooth any matrix source.

In Matrix Slot 1:

In Matrix Slot 2:
Oh, okay! This is wonderful to learn. Followed your directions and it works wonderfully.
bmanic wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:19 am A simple smoothing operation (that is usually built-in on other synths)...
I did not know this, but it sure is going to open up a lot of doors for me. So thrilled to get educated on this tip. :tu:
How would anyone know though that this was meant to do smoothing without this tip? Would be easier with a dedicated function.

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:18 pm
Bodhisan wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:19 am

In Matrix Slot 1:

In Matrix Slot 2:
How would anyone know though that this was meant to do smoothing without this tip? Would be easier with a dedicated function.
That makes me feel a lot less clueless coming from a veteran programmer. Now that I’ve played around with this, using the arp as a modulator, especially at cutting the rate down and adjusting the Xfilter speed, it’s actually pretty cool, and you can achieve more of the MSEG-type modulations. I used this technique with Rayblaster - which has a few more interesting targets, and it’s made these two synths a lot more fun and challenging (I’m a good way) to program.

We invite you to join our demotrack-competition for Nemesis. You can win a Tone2 Complete Bundle ($999) and many other exciting prizes.
https://www.tone2.com/competition.html

demo use, got it thanks
Last edited by Musical Gym on Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yes.

can we use the demo version to enter the contest?
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

yes

when there will be an Icarus competition,would participate passionately in such :)Cheers :)

This one there seems to be a longer time period, nice. Would have entered the Saurus one but there wasn't much time. Is there that problem the other one had where you can't save patches with the demo? Cause that makes this contest pointless for non owners. Maybe that's the point though...

I'm also having problems using the demo to make an entry. Presets aren't saved so every time you load the project in your DAW you have to set up the presets again and there's often no output from the synth. So realistically you need to buy Nemesis to make an entry. It's on my "to buy" list but I hadn't planned to just yet.

Return to “Instruments”