Surreal Machines Impact

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

soma wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:56 pm Zoom is coming to Dub Machines as a free update in 2021.
Any news for the update for the Dub Machines and maybe also Impact?

Impact had Zoom since launch.

monophonK wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:22 am
soma wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:56 pm Zoom is coming to Dub Machines as a free update in 2021.
Any news for the update for the Dub Machines and maybe also Impact?
I'd like to know that as well.

Bump for this awesome plugin! (and a reminder that some of us are still awaiting a resize or zoom function for Diffuse and Modnetic :hyper: ).

I'd also really love to see an improved patch system for Diffuse and Modnetic. The current method of having to scroll down through a long list of random presets each and every time is somewhat annoying and time-consuming. User-editable folders in a simple internal patch browser for saving and organizing different types of patches would be super helpful too and would make these 2 plugins perfect. :D

They have BETAs with Bigger GUIs (Full of Bugs again). IMHO Surreal Machines is a bunch of liars. Black Friday Company, Nothing for the Future.

care to elaborate?

Impact is my only product from them, but i have no complaints whatsoever.
It is really good and does what it said on the tin (and more)

of course you could still improve it (here's my list for instance)
- a third mode for EQ bands 1 and 4: high pass (B1) and low pass (B4). There's still room below the bell and shelf buttons for this
- disable function for the transient shaping part by simply clicking on the currently selected “bands“ button again
- new saturation type: “none“
- new saturation type: “maximizer“
- per band saturation type selection, not just globally
- optional auto gain compensation
- extended trim range more than -10db
- a “mute“ button next to the solo button of each band
- exponential / linear / logarihmic functions for each attack and sustain

but these would just be the icing on the cake for me and i don't feel betrayed or something at all if none of these ever get implemented as it is already delivering as it is
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have been doing a lot of Modnetic publicity because I just f**king love that thing. Congratulations SM. And I just tested Impact, after using Crack for a while, and wow. Will be hard to resist next Monday. I kinda wanted a loyalty discount, but you are indeed selling them for very reasonable prices and I appreciate that it's not "usually 5000€, but ONLY this week 9,99€".

What's the current version of Impact??

The latest version of Impact is 1.0.3 (There is another in private beta)

Hello soma!

Is there a ETA for Apple Silicon versions?

Thanks in advance.

It's part of the latest beta scheduled for Q1 2022. However the current versions are running super fast on M1's using rosetta!

Thank you!

Are bigger/zoomable GUIs still in the plan for Modnetic and Diffuse? I use Modentic all the time, still a favourite and had zero issues. Thanks.

Gary, they are in the plans. We have it working on on our machines but we're bundling it with an M1 native update and need further testing.

Return to “Effects”