Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Captain wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:00 am Worst of all, updating the instruments and the app itself always feels a little obscure and unreliable. Just recently it said on the top of the window "New version available", but the Library page didn't show anything that could be updated. The About window confirmed that my version is 2.5.13 and I saw elsewhere that .14 is available, but heck if there was any way to do that update through the app. Eventually the "New version available" notification just disappeared, and I manually un- & reinstalled the manager, and now I have the latest version.
They do not make the update obvious when I found out here that a new version was available I went in and looked. Dont even remember which screen it was (Library maybe) but it was up in the right corner and not obvious at all. That said for me on the Mac the update worked flawlessly, the last several have.

Are any of the SRX lineup decent? I just noticed they aren't too expensive. I was looking at System-8 but is a bit too much $$ for me right now, but the one called 'SRX Keyboards' looks interesting. I already have XV-5080 and the D-50.

Examigan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:16 am Are any of the SRX lineup decent? I just noticed they aren't too expensive. I was looking at System-8 but is a bit too much $$ for me right now, but the one called 'SRX Keyboards' looks interesting. I already have XV-5080 and the D-50.
I could be wrong, but I thought the JV-1080 and XV-5080 plugins already include the entire SRX expansion series.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 am
Examigan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:16 am Are any of the SRX lineup decent? I just noticed they aren't too expensive. I was looking at System-8 but is a bit too much $$ for me right now, but the one called 'SRX Keyboards' looks interesting. I already have XV-5080 and the D-50.
I could be wrong, but I thought the JV-1080 and XV-5080 plugins already include the entire SRX expansion series.
Hi, you are wrong. All SRX VSTs already includes the entire JV-1080 and XV-5080.

czsynth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:03 am
Arashi wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 am I could be wrong, but I thought the JV-1080 and XV-5080 plugins already include the entire SRX expansion series.
Hi, you are wrong. All SRX VSTs already includes the entire JV-1080 and XV-5080.
I think you have that backwards.
Stormchild

No, All SRX VSTs already includes the entire JV-1080 and XV-5080 (Hiden). Please read manuals, count waves on both VSTs, use search...
SRX VST is VST XV5080 with specific SRX waves. Engine is the same on both VSTs. Only SRX not contain XV5080 patches, but it is not really problem import this patches....

Zenology Pro - you get all the EXZ expansions, which are essentially the SRX expansions

czsynth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:14 am No, All SRX VSTs already includes the entire JV-1080 and XV-5080 (Hiden). Please read manuals, count waves on both VSTs, use search...
SRX VST is VST XV5080 with specific SRX waves. Engine is the same on both VSTs. Only SRX not contain XV5080 patches, but it is not really problem import this patches....
So I wouldn't be gaining anything new and/or different if the engine is the same and the waveforms are in the XV-5080 anyway, correct?

No, with SRX VST you will get waves from original SRX07 card which are not included in VST XV 5080. But SRX VST contain all waves from VST XV 5080.

czsynth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:55 am No, with SRX VST you will get waves from original SRX07 card which are not included in VST XV 5080. But SRX VST contain all waves from VST XV 5080.
The SRX "instruments" (another stupid name) are mere sampleset expansion coupled with a pack of presets. AFAIK, they contain the JV-1080, NOT the XV-5080.

And each SRX only contains THAT sampleset expansion together with the base instrument. So you don't have any of the others, andf you can't have more than one SRX expansion active in the same instrument. This may make sense from the Roland POV, but certainly doesn't make sense from the user POV, and contrasts with the way Korg did things.

Korg included ALL the sample card expansions inside the instrument when they released the M1 (they even included the T series expansions), and did the same with the Wavestation AND the Triton.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:09 am
czsynth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:55 am No, with SRX VST you will get waves from original SRX07 card which are not included in VST XV 5080. But SRX VST contain all waves from VST XV 5080.
The SRX "instruments" (another stupid name) are mere sampleset expansion coupled with a pack of presets. AFAIK, they contain the JV-1080, NOT the XV-5080.

Hi, it is not true. JV-1080 and XV-5080 contains same waves and same "engine", only XV 5080 has more patches.

Hi, it is not true. JV-1080 and XV-5080 contains same waves and same "engine", only XV 5080 has more patches.

czsynth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:16 am Please read this:
viewtopic.php?t=497112&start=180
I don't care if the differences between the JV-1080 and the XV-5080 are subtle or not so subtle, or if the "waveforms" are more or less, different or not. The SRX expansions contain the engine (and therefore the internal "waveforms") of the JV-1080, NOT the engine of the XV-5080. PERIOD

I never had any of the two original hardware units, but it seems the XV-5080, besides having an expanded ROM, also had more and better effects, and better DACs. Some also pretende the filters sound different between the two.

I think people here already tried and were able to load BIN files of the JV-1080 in the SRX "instruments", but they will not load in the XV-5080.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 am
czsynth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:16 am Please read this:
viewtopic.php?t=497112&start=180
I don't care if the differences between the JV-1080 and the XV-5080 are subtle or not so subtle, or if the "waveforms" are more or less, different or not. The SRX expansions contain the engine (and therefore the internal "waveforms") of the JV-1080, NOT the engine of the XV-5080. PERIOD

I never had any of the two original hardware units, but it seems the XV-5080, besides having an expanded ROM, also had more and better effects, and better DACs. Some also pretende the filters sound different between the two.

I think people here already tried and were able to load BIN files of the JV-1080 in the SRX "instruments", but they will not load in the XV-5080.
ok,
I own both HW modules.
VST-1080 contain all waves from HW-5080.
If you change header of BIN file i HEX editor, you can load BINs from VST 1080 and VST 5080 to SRX VST.
Your infomations are totaly WRONG.

Return to “Instruments”