Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:17 pm Glad some folks are enjoying the theme.

George, up to you, but you're certainly welcome to include it if you like. I don't consider it "my theme" in any way and don't need credit. I just edited some colors and scaled things up a bit.
I'd rather wait until 2.5 where GUI will be scalable.
EvilDragon wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:54 pm Hmmm, I'd have expected that clicking on the preset name in the preset bar would open a menu with a list of all presets. And that there'd be a ank select menu, as well?

Maybe good for 2.5? :)

(Sorry for not noticing this earlier!)
Yes, 2.5 will include preset list on the preset bar too.
xbow wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:08 pm I still love the simplicity and contrast of the discoDSP classic theme. However, there is a bug in the new version: The "voices" digits in the global controls section are off. I resized voices.png in the skin's folder to 50%, now it looks fine. It had the same resolution as the voices@2x.png.
Got it. I will push a hotfix.

Thanks discoDSP for the notable improvement :)
Please consider also to check the below issues & behaviors & if it's easy to manage in upcoming update:

1. Importing preset or bank window doesn't remember path location. While it redirects automatically in Exporting.

2. New Preset: Pop-up window asks to give a name. Since I'm now having my hands on the keyboard, it is common sense to hit enter expecting the plugin will execute the task & close the window and to show the "init" preset with the given name. Well, none of this is happening.

3. Save Preset: Hmmm a bit confusing here, should it be obsolete since we have Export Preset ?

4. Export Preset: The OS window should copy the preset name by now, instead of just showing "Presets.fxp".

Other than that, really appreciate your hard work to keep improving this solid synth :) thanks

Will add some of them to https://github.com/reales/OB-Xd/issues thanks.

We have added 30 XML MIDI hardware boards at our OB-Xd development branch which will be included on 2.5 nightly builds and 2.5 release.

Download to test them at https://download-directory.github.io/?u ... OB-Xd/MIDI

Not really a bug , just weird, windows 10 FLStudio/REAPER when rotating the knobs while using the right mouse button the knobs turn but nothing happens, so f.i. I can still hear the oscillators even when they are (visually) closed ;)
BTW closing and re-opening the plug-in updates the knob positions to where they really are/ should be.

Strange. Will check, thanks for the report.

Can you implement a version info / about box? I'm unable to find it anywhere (that doesn't mean it does not exist). I know I can get that information from the Product Version of the .dll file, but I'd like to see it in the GUI what version is currently running. Thank you!

Will consider but can't find a really good reason to implement something like that. Version info is on the installer as well by the way.

discoDSP wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:58 pm Will consider but can't find a really good reason to implement something like that. Version info is on the installer as well by the way.
Having the synth's name/logo in the top left (or wherever it is on the loaded skin) switch to the version number and credits (and/or anything else you want to put into the window) when it's clicked on could help people who don't keep the installers and don't know which version they have. This wouldn't take up any more screen real estate, and could help people who are wondering if they need to update or if an issue they're reading about on KVR might affect their version.

This is especially helpful with synths that get updated often, because it's sometimes difficult to keep track of which version you have. If you already have your DAW open (as most of us do while we're on KVR complaining about things we barely understand), you can quickly add OB-Xd to see which version it is, instead of leaving the DAW and hunting for the installer...if you even keep the installers.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

discoDSP wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:35 pm We have added 30 XML MIDI hardware boards at our OB-Xd development branch which will be included on 2.5 nightly builds and 2.5 release.

Download to test them at https://download-directory.github.io/?u ... OB-Xd/MIDI
Here's a mapping that works for the Roland System-8:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Data MIDI_3="CUTOFF" MIDI_5="PORTAMENTO" MIDI_9="RESONANCE" MIDI_13="LFOOSC2" MIDI_15="LFOSHWAVE"
      MIDI_16="OSC1MIX" MIDI_17="OSC2MIX" MIDI_18="FILTER_WARM" MIDI_19="NOISEMIX"
      MIDI_20="OSC1P" MIDI_21="ASPLAYEDALLOCATION" MIDI_22="ENVPITCH"
      MIDI_23="UDET" MIDI_26="LFO1AMT" MIDI_27="BENDLFORATE" MIDI_29="LFOFREQ" MIDI_33="TUNE"
      MIDI_34="BENDOSC2" MIDI_35="LFOSINWAVE" MIDI_44="LFOSINWAVE"
      MIDI_45="LFOSQUAREWAVE" MIDI_46="OSC1Saw" MIDI_47="OSC1Pul" MIDI_48="LFOOSC2"
      MIDI_49="LFOFILTER" MIDI_50="PW" MIDI_51="BANDPASS" MIDI_52="XMOD"
      MIDI_53="VFLTENV" MIDI_54="VAMPENV" MIDI_55="LFO2AMT" MIDI_56="OSC2_DET" MIDI_60="LFOPW1"   
      MIDI_61="OSC2Saw" MIDI_62="OSC2Pul" MIDI_63="LFOPW2" MIDI_68="BENDRANGE" MIDI_69="BRIGHTNESS" 
      MIDI_71="LFOOSC1" MIDI_74="LFOFILTER" MIDI_75="BENDOSC2" MIDI_76="VFLTENV" MIDI_79="MULTIMODE" 
      MIDI_80="FILTERDER" MIDI_81="ENVELOPE_AMT" MIDI_82="FLT_KF" MIDI_83="FATK"MIDI_84="FDEC" MIDI_85="FSUS" 
      MIDI_86="FREL" MIDI_87="OSC2P" MIDI_88="PAN8" MIDI_89="LATK" MIDI_90="LDEC" MIDI_96="LSUS" 
      MIDI_97="LREL" MIDI_108="FOURPOLE" MIDI_109="ENVDER" MIDI_110="VOLUME" MIDI_111="ECONOMY_MODE"
      MIDI_112="OSC2HS" MIDI_113="PW_ENV" MIDI_114="PW_ENV_BOTH" MIDI_115="ENV_PITCH_BOTH"
      MIDI_116="FENV_INVERT" MIDI_117="PW_OSC2_OFS" MIDI_117="LFOSQUAREWAVE" MIDI_118="LEVEL_DIF"
      MIDI_119="UNISON" />

...you're welcome to include it in future builds.

Thanks Funkybot I have pushed the hardware board to development branch and it's available for everyone to test.

https://download-directory.github.io/?u ... OB-Xd/MIDI

planetearth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:16 pm
discoDSP wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:58 pm Will consider but can't find a really good reason to implement something like that. Version info is on the installer as well by the way.
Having the synth's name/logo in the top left (or wherever it is on the loaded skin) switch to the version number and credits (and/or anything else you want to put into the window) when it's clicked on could help people who don't keep the installers and don't know which version they have. This wouldn't take up any more screen real estate, and could help people who are wondering if they need to update or if an issue they're reading about on KVR might affect their version.

This is especially helpful with synths that get updated often, because it's sometimes difficult to keep track of which version you have. If you already have your DAW open (as most of us do while we're on KVR complaining about things we barely understand), you can quickly add OB-Xd to see which version it is, instead of leaving the DAW and hunting for the installer...if you even keep the installers.
This explains exactly what I thought when I posted. An "About" box would be the perfect place for it. Btw, according to my start menu folder for DiscoDSP I have currently 7 versions of OB-XD uninstaller links, and about 3 OBXD Standalone entries (pointing to the same .exe), furthermore several vst3 of different breeds, only VST2 is one each. It's hard to keep track which is which when the installer doesn't clean up older releases or at least offers to do so. No offense meant, but a finetuned installer / upgrader could do wonders.
And still I'd love to see the "About" box with the current release number. In case you might say "Hey, what supporting development and getting yourself a paid version, that might help considering" - I already did that - but hey, no pressure ;)

The upcoming OB-Xd v2.5 update will feature scalable GUI (1x, 1.5x and 2x sizes) including full Retina HiDPI support in all platforms.

Note for theme designers: Assets will require @4x bitmaps (2x the @2x resolution) in order to work properly.

Obxd in legato mode , when playing from low to high notes ( while low note held ) ,the high notes are not triggered .
Never ownded an og , so maybe it was like this on the og
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:46 am Obxd in legato mode , when playing from low to high notes ( while low note held ) ,the high notes are not triggered .
Make sure the "VAM" button is on for this to work. Confused me too at first.

edit: from the manual:
"VAM (Voice Allocation Mode): By default the OB-Xd is a low-note priority synth (like the OB-X) but the VAM switch changes this to last-note priority."

Return to “Instruments”