Algonaut Atlas 2 finally announced. New buyers get 2 for free, 19$ upgrade for others.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas Atlas 2

Thanks Matt! Excellent release. Just upgraded and looking forward to diving in.

it's taking up to 10 seconds when creating a new kit on default map. The ssd is external but my pc is a beast, i9, 64 gigs. anyone else?

functionform wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:25 am it's taking up to 10 seconds when creating a new kit on default map. The ssd is external but my pc is a beast, i9, 64 gigs. anyone else?
From a few posts ago...
MattAlgonaut wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:39 am Atlas dev here!

* The delay when hitting New Kit on the Algonaut map is the map samples downloading. Click the cloud icon in the bottom-left of the map to download all the samples at once. New Kit will be instant after that.

MattAlgonaut wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:39 am * Embarrassing bug with the MIDI file import... the 'MID' file extension needs to be lowercase for it to load. I've fixed this and will push it out next week.
Yes lowercase .mid definitely works.
Also if it's possible to drag a MIDI clip directly form the DAW and drag it onto Atlas' sequencer that'd be great. Now it's not an allowed behavior even with lowercased .mid file.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:54 am
From a few posts ago...
ah oops, thanks!

Please don't kill me but I would love a simple listing of maps, maybe sortable by name and creation/mod date. I do a lot of sample pack contests, and I build a map for each one. After just a few months it was crazy trying to eye scan them all.

Just a quick follow up to say Matt sorted my issue with the trial not activating.
Great support for what is a great product.
Ended up buying it as I was having too much fun demoing it!
It's going to be useful...and I do have XO as well. There's crossover, definitely, but I'm happy keeping and using both.

Is there a way to reimport existing drum maps from v1 to v2?

upd: Noticed a button, captioned literally "Import", next to message "Found Atlas 1 maps". Nice!
(Yes, I didn't read the manual :( )
Last edited by Dencheg on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:42 am Welcome Matt (no pun intended)!

I hope you'd consider some long-term feature requests for Atlas like:

- More Sequencer Patterns
- Ability to trigger different patterns with MIDI keys
- Sequencer step FX's: basically use that same expanded velocity view but have a dropdown to flip between velocity and options like step probability, nudge step forward/backwards in time, ratchet/repeat/flam step, etc.
- Parameter modulation/LFOs - e.g. modulate the attack time by velocity or decay time via an LFO, modulate pitch with an expression controller, etc.

I'm not saying Atlas 3 needs to turn into Geist Lite or anything but...actually...no that would be pretty cool.

I'm still demoing the product, but I feel like I'm very likely to pull the trigger. Hope to see more good things from you in the future.
I would expect multiple patterns / pattern sequencer to be the most broadly useful feature. I think its the limit I hit the quickest. That and non 'global' nudge (I epxect this to be quite hard for little return tho).

gExpectations wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:53 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:42 am Welcome Matt (no pun intended)!

I hope you'd consider some long-term feature requests for Atlas like:

- More Sequencer Patterns
- Ability to trigger different patterns with MIDI keys
- Sequencer step FX's: basically use that same expanded velocity view but have a dropdown to flip between velocity and options like step probability, nudge step forward/backwards in time, ratchet/repeat/flam step, etc.
- Parameter modulation/LFOs - e.g. modulate the attack time by velocity or decay time via an LFO, modulate pitch with an expression controller, etc.

I'm not saying Atlas 3 needs to turn into Geist Lite or anything but...actually...no that would be pretty cool.

I'm still demoing the product, but I feel like I'm very likely to pull the trigger. Hope to see more good things from you in the future.
I would expect multiple patterns / pattern sequencer to be the most broadly useful feature. I think its the limit I hit the quickest. That and non 'global' nudge (I epxect this to be quite hard for little return tho).
I was told on Algonaut's facebook page that nudge for individual steps is in the works. Probably as part of the parameter automation work that was mentioned in their post earlier in this thread.

Nice!

+1 for dragging midi from daw to atlas, if its not already there.

this update is phenomenal btw, the sequencer is fun as hell, really helpful for sparking creativity. It's even really fun for non drum sounds. Is there anyway to increase pitch depth? 12 semitones isn't that much for some of the non drum sounds. Be really fun to pitch high pitch sounds very low.

edit: also, standalone doesn't see my focusrite asio drivers for some reason.

In the feature addition category (though driven by a issue noted )
It would be nice to have a up/down a row in the sequencer, by slot or all.

I set a general midi kit 8x8 (always starts @ B0), and drag in a sequence with base note of C1; now all voices are offset -1. :dog:
Also, have found up/down a row handy in perc choosing... :roll:

My biggest wish now is more extensive undo, especially with the changes in loaded samples in the "pads".

EDIT: My bad, it exists already, there are arrows for undo/redo in the top right of the GUI, though cltr+Z doesn't work here (Windows 10).
Last edited by pottering on Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Basically, this update was so damn awesome everyone now has 101 ways to to take it to the next level lol.

Return to “Instruments”