2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have had my eye on the RD-9 for a while now, now I'm considering placing one on pre-order...

The hologram microcosm is the coolest pedal I've seen in a long time but I'm still hesitant because of the really high price.

SirRahCha wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:59 pm The hologram microcosm is the coolest pedal I've seen in a long time but I'm still hesitant because of the really high price.
I honestly did not like it as much as I was hoping and ended up selling it to buy MOOD and Blooper. Microcosm works much like a gated delay, but with prefixed effects instead of repeats. I was hoping for something more flexible than what it can do.

The prefixed presets don’t have the greatest range, but must be perfect for some others.

I wished I loved it. Microcosm is one of the best looking pieces of hardware I’ve ever had. Everything down to logo, is just great design (IMO).

Interesting, I was wondering how you changed settings with Microcosm and looks like the answer is you can’t. Unless there’s some USB or MIDI sys ex editor available.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

awe damn i was thinking to get the microcosm.

Each to their own I guess. The Microcosm is lovely and is, again, fully controllable with Midi. I have only 3 pedals (Microcosm, Night Sky & Zoia) and it is my favourite. The potential gotcha is that being a pedal it loves plucky sounds - it won't trigger unless there are transients. The other gotcha is that you have to go into its settings (not difficult) and set whether you are feeding it a mono or stereo source - if it is on 'Stereo' and you feed it a mono source you will again have triggering issues. Some sources, with some algorithms, need to be 100% wet too for best results I have found. Its reverb is worth the price of admission alone - it's lovely, and has four algorithms. I prefer it to the Night Sky.

I also love my Microcosm. The looper can be do really interesting stuff and sequencing parameters via CCs really takes it to a different place. I send it CCs from my Octatrack or Zoia. I tend to use it on a send and run it 100% wet, so I can send signal to it when I want.

Hmm, well I appreciate all the viewpoints anyway. Certainly it's worth some serious researching at least. TBH, I got so much gadget freak in me that I would truly be surprised if I didn't like either the Microcosm or the Nightsky or the BigSky, or the OTO Machines BAM or Dream Sequence etc... :lol:

And therein lies the problem...

got MC-101.
this is a perfect combo (and my smallest setup)
IMG_20210612_105332445ds.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pekbro wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:13 amI got so much gadget freak in me that I would truly be surprised if I didn't like [fill in the blank]...

I hear you! I can have fun with anything, which is dangerous. :help:

Indecision about a Volante vs a Magneto has thus far prevented me from picking up either.

justin3am wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:59 am
pekbro wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:13 amI got so much gadget freak in me that I would truly be surprised if I didn't like [fill in the blank]...

I hear you! I can have fun with anything, which is dangerous. :help:
We had a bat with a ball attached in my day. And think we were lucky!

Are you safe?

you had a ball as well?
lucky bastard!

Erudite wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:30 pm I have had my eye on the RD-9 for a while now, now I'm considering placing one on pre-order...
Pre order it for £269 at Anderton's as others such as Gear 4 Music are wanting £309 for pre orders :tu:

rob_lee wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:33 pm
Erudite wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:30 pm I have had my eye on the RD-9 for a while now, now I'm considering placing one on pre-order...
Pre order it for £269 at Anderton's as others such as Gear 4 Music are wanting £309 for pre orders :tu:
Andertons are a Behringer 'Super Partner' whatever that means. Well I do know what it means, it means they're never ever going to have a bad word to say about their gear in any of their videos.

Are you safe?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”