Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

ozinga wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:46 am
morelia wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:53 am Do you think S1 will ever get audio quantize like Cubase?
There is already audio quantize in Studio One. What do you mean by like Cubase?Workflow or something else?
It was more about the work flow. And the easy track selection as the template to quantize multiple other tracks to.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Oh, I see. That's in the Groove panel of the Quantize menu; you drag events in there to create a groove. It's not quite as simple as selecting a track to reference and has a few quirks but in case you're looking for it that's where it is.

Is this a bug or normal behaviour ? I grab a synth from the browser, drop it on the folder I want to place it in, but it loads above the folder outside of it and not inside where I want it, I can drag it into the folder afterwards but it would be a whole lot easier if it just created in the folder I drop it on

Normal behaviour. You’re still just dragging it into the Arrange window.

Try expanding the folder first and dropping the synth inside.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:50 pm Normal behaviour. You’re still just dragging it into the Arrange window.

I've tried that, I drag just below whatever synth is already in the folder I want it to join, it still creates outside of the folder, maybe I'm doing it wrong I just like time savers I would have thought the Daw would be clever enough to know if I drop something on a folder I want it in that folder :borg:

Digivolt wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:15 pm
jamcat wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:50 pm Normal behaviour. You’re still just dragging it into the Arrange window.

I've tried that, I drag just below whatever synth is already in the folder I want it to join, it still creates outside of the folder, maybe I'm doing it wrong I just like time savers I would have thought the Daw would be clever enough to know if I drop something on a folder I want it in that folder :borg:
You want to drag it above the synth that's in the folder. S1 does have issues sometimes with that. So I usually drag above whatever instrument tracks are in the folder as you are more likely to get it where you want it.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Is it possible to select a bunch of tracks and get the colour of each track to be made different or even graduated in colour?

apoclypse wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:41 am
Digivolt wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:15 pm

You want to drag it above the synth that's in the folder. S1 does have issues sometimes with that. So I usually drag above whatever instrument tracks are in the folder as you are more likely to get it where you want it.
I can confirm that you need to do this. If adding a new instrument to the folder track, you need to drag it to above any existing instrument already in the folder (or between instruments if you have more than one).

If you think about it, this behaviour makes sense. If you drag the new instrument to a position below the instruments contained in the folder, S1 cannot determine if you intend for the new instrument to be nested within the folder, or placed outside of it.

jamcat wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:20 am The Retro Mix Legends Brit Console “Vintage” is definitely an SL 4000 series. I think the “Super” is a model of the SL 9000 J, taking its name from 9000’s capacitorless design which SSL marketed as “SuperAnalogue.”
Also, the “Modern” Style on the Brit Console appears to be based on the SSL VHD preamp. Notice the variable harmonic DRIVE (VHD) knob that sweeps from 2nd to 3rd order harmonics, just like the Harmonics knob that is activated by the Brit Console’s “Modern” Style.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:46 pm I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case...

Their email promotions and site definitely suggest it.

Anyway, it's a trend I see coming for all DAW's.
It's obviously a more efficient way to extract money from customers, without having to announce new "killer features" every couple of years to tempt existing customer to spend an additional €150 for an upgrade when their old version still works fine. With a subscription, you have to keep paying, because the moment you stop handing over your money, everything stops working - even if you've spent thousands over the last several years. The longer you've been paying, the more "invested" you are (without actually having anything to show for that investment).

It's a fine line between providing "value" to subscribers and alienating those who'd rather own a perpetual license. It could easily backfire and send more people to DAWs like Reaper, Cakewalk and FL Studio (with no, or very affordable/infrequent upgrade fees).

On the other hand, I only paid $125 for the complete Fat Channel collection and $50 for CTC-1. It remains to be seen whether there will ever be a sale on RML. Another indicator will be when they decide to arbitrarily change the version number to 6.0 and demand another $150 from non-subscribers.

I'd really be interested in the ratio between people who buy perpetual licenses and those who do subscriptions. I have a feeling that Sphere is a big success for them. Because people want more "moar".

Well, I wouldn't mind if that is the case, as long as they keep the option to buy it and if they don't focus everything on subscriptions. This way they make money that could be invested in Studio One, which is great.

And as long as Studio One isn't subscription only (like Izotope became), I hope.

Why in tape timestretch mode does transpose in the inspector have no effect?

Is there no way to create a macro to randomise the colour of a track?

bundoo wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:06 amWhy in tape timestretch mode does transpose in the inspector have no effect?
That's the property of 'tape' mode - the pitch is determined by length of the clip. If you need length & pitch to be independent choose different mode.

bundoo wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:06 amIs there no way to create a macro to randomise the colour of a track?
I don't think there is. But you can hover your mouse cursor over the left edge of track header (where you select the colour) and turn your mouse wheel to cycle through the palette - that's pretty random :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”