Upgrade to HALion 6

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found out I can upgrade to HALion 6 for $99 from Sonic 3. I am tempted to go for it.
Seems like a good deal to me, but I was wondering what you guys think of HALion. 8)

I just saw on NI's site I can get Kontakt for $124.

decisions, decisions

Apples and oranges. You should get both for a balanced diet.

,./
Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghjkl;
Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've taken out two trials of it. I don't like the GUI at all. But, if you are using the liter version(s) you're familiar.
there's not enough reason for me to outlay the money, the third party situation is rather poor. It's a quite good granular synth but ergonomically it ain't happenin for me.

Yes, rumor has it FM will be included in H7, whenever that may be. I have both and far prefer Falcon.

I like how HALion doesn't require a dongle anymore. I used to use one for some Waldorf plugins but I don't think those require it anymore either.

I bought the upgrade yesterday, all set! 8)

Examigan wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:47 pm I bought the upgrade yesterday, all set! 8)
Just waiting on a sale for it, and I'm not really wanting to buy anything else until this beast (Unless MSoundFactory goes on a sale) is good for non owners..

I have Absolute 4 and Komplete 13. HALion > Kontakt, except for 3rd party support.

Sound design paradise, bested only by UVI Falcon 2.

HALion's UI is better than Kontakt's. There is just a LOT more in it than Kontakt.

Amazing Sampler.

However, I'd go with Kontakt first simply to secure access to that ecosystem. There are some decent free or cheap Kontakt libraries that require the full version. There is almost nothing for HALion, beyond what Steinberg sales.

I actually think the Absolute bundle is better than buying HALion on its own. Just wait for a sale. Some pretty good synths in there, though thr value is lower if you're a Cubase user (as some are bundled with the DAW).

HALion feels like if NI were to merge Kontakt, Reaktor and Komplete Kontrol into one application...

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”