What are your favorite instrument plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

syntonica wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:07 pm
Erisian wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:44 pm I don't own it because I am very very poor :pray: but I love U-he's Repro-1.

Of the instruments I own, I would say my favourite is Odin2 by The Wavewarden because of its versatility.
Yeah, I'm saving my pennies for either Repro or Diva.

Thanks for the tip on Odin 2! I didn't realize it was available for the Mac now. Just started playing with it...
You're welcome. I helped beta test Odin2 and created some of the factory presets. My pride and joy is the drum machine preset. 8)

Arturia Pigments + Analog Lab V
U-He Repro 1/5
Unify by Plugin Guru
AAS Chromaphone 3
AAS Ultra Analog VA-3
IK MODO Bass
IK Hammond B-3X
Voltage Modular

Honorable mentions:
iZotope Iris 2
KV331 SynthMasters
Windows 10 and too many plugins

bx_oberhausen and Pigments 3.

I love Logic's synths and instruments. They can cover at least 90% of what I need, but my native favourites besides that are Serum, Diva, RePro, Factory and Aparillo.
Waiting mainly for Phase Plant and Arturia synths support (especially Pigments).

Pianoteq7, HALion6, Zebra2HZ, Bazille, Diva, ACE, Pigments3, Alchemy1, String Studio VS-3, RealRick, RealGuitar, Axiom, Addictive Drums2...

Serum - super fast and easy
Diva - sounds great
Falcon 2 - extremely deep
Kontakt - the best sample libraries
Scaler 2 - I compose every song with this (but maybe not an instrument?)

Aalto
Warlock
Fundamental
Bitwig Organ (you can modulate those drawbars at audio rate as well as FM the whole thing, and run it through a wavefolder...)

This is the backup band for my Eurorack and Bitwig Grid stuff.

I like Warlock, but I haven't used it enough yet to reach my top favorites list. The thing that sold me is that it also includes the sound banks from the original Tone2 Firebird. I liked that synth, but sadly it was never migrated to 64-bit.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

ferez21 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:44 am Retrologue 2 is neat, and is fatter sounding than i initially found it to be after I've learned tweaking it.
Yep, my favorite synth as well. As flexible as it gets for a subtractive/analog type of synth, very good at emulating other synths as well as other instruments (electric bass, guitars, brass, strings, etc.).

Totally underrated synth rarely talked about.

Probably bazille

MusicLab
Amplesound
Ezbass
Serum - Modern Sound
Diva - Sounds good but my CPU crying :lol:
Repro 5
Sylenth1
Pianoteq 7
Spire
Roots, Rock, Reggae

Nah, never mind

Although I think other synths sound creamier or clearer for some reason; I'm not sure why, but the uniqueness and wonderfulness keeps me obsessed with Dune.

ANA 2 has some qualities that make it stand out. It has plucks that just melt my love for synths.

I wonder if Thorn sounds similar to Diversion, because Diversion has had me saying "this is the best sound I have heard" but that may just been a feel good situation but still think is is magnificent.

Love Spire like always- it's very solid.

Synthmaster has a very clean sound sometimes that I really like.

I think ANA 2 has blown me away the most with one of the factory presets

Zebra 2 has unparalleled character for some sounds. Hive is nice too

But yeah that pluck in ANA 2 was mind boggling

ANA2 (although there's this annoying bug where presets can have barely any sound sometimes, or sound different than normal)
Equator2 (except the filter is garbage)
Pigments3 (mostly only for granular and a bit of VA)
Legend
Obsession
Tal instruments (except the semi-modular one)
Korg Odyssey
Vital
Dexed
Sylenth1
Super-8

Korg's Odyssey is really underrated / overlooked, IMHO. It's an absolute beast. The default settings use too many voices though, and make the CPU hit absurd. But if just change it from the default 16 to something reasonable like 6 or so, it's much less hungry.

The unison mode is absurd: Just monstrous sounding. I think all the added FX were kinda pointless, I'd much rather use external third party FX to process an Odyssey emulation, but the sequencer otoh is a welcome touch.

Using Odyssey for 'analog' sounds and Dexed for FM / digital sounds, you're pretty well covered with just two classic synths.

Return to “Instruments”