Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Arashi wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 am I could be wrong, but I thought the JV-1080 and XV-5080 plugins already include the entire SRX expansion series.
SRX plugins contain all of the XV 5080 VST waveforms but none of the XV presets. The JV-1080 also have XV waveforms but is missing hundreds of presets of the XV though.

The JV and XV don't include SRXs which is why Zenology Pro becomes interesting because it contains every XV-5080 patches and waveforms and can be expanded with the full SRX expansions library (named EXZ) and more.

czsynth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:13 am ok,
I own both HW modules.
VST-1080 contain all waves from HW-5080.
If you change header of BIN file i HEX editor, you can load BINs from VST 1080 and VST 5080 to SRX VST.
Your infomations are totaly WRONG.
I stand corrected. I was checking, and effectively, both instruments have the same number of "waveforms" and the same number of effects.

Anyway, SRX instrument use the JV-1080 as a base, NOT the XV-5080. THAT is correct

I can't check your statement regarding the BIN files since I don't have any HEX editor. I remember this to have been discussed before and someone (I think it was Bealey) tried this and it didn't work. Did you actually try it?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm
czsynth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:13 am ok,
I own both HW modules.
VST-1080 contain all waves from HW-5080.
If you change header of BIN file i HEX editor, you can load BINs from VST 1080 and VST 5080 to SRX VST.
Your infomations are totaly WRONG.
I stand corrected. I was checking, and effectively, both instruments have the same number of "waveforms" and the same number of effects.

Anyway, SRX instrument use the JV-1080 as a base, NOT the XV-5080. THAT is correct

I can't check your statement regarding the BIN files since I don't have any HEX editor. I remember this to have been discussed before and someone (I think it was Bealey) tried this and it didn't work. Did you actually try it?
1)1080=5080 only layout is different.
2)Bealey worked on Sysex (HW)converter to BIN (VSTi). Another member of KVR made this script.
3)Yes

fmr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm Anyway, SRX instrument use the JV-1080 as a base, NOT the XV-5080. THAT is correct
SRXs, JV-1080 and XV-5080 are all running the same engine so they're essentially different variations of the same plugin. The only difference between the JV, XV, SRXs vst is the number of patches and waveforms. They all have the original 1083 waveforms of the XV-5080 for instance.

From the information I gathered by looking at Roland romplers manuals, this JV/XV/SRX plugin seems to be based on the early 00s era Fantom-X engine (which is basically the XV-5080 engine with a different MFX section). So the 78 MFXs section in the VST matches the one in the old Fantom, the PCM engine matches too (including stereo wave tones - this feature didn't exist on the JV-1080), same with tone structures, filter types, modulations and matrix controls, etc.

sinemotor wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:11 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm Anyway, SRX instrument use the JV-1080 as a base, NOT the XV-5080. THAT is correct
SRXs, JV-1080 and XV-5080 are all running the same engine so they're essentially different variations of the same plugin. The only difference between the JV, XV, SRXs vst is the number of patches and waveforms. They all have the original 1083 waveforms of the XV-5080 for instance.

From the information I gathered by looking at Roland romplers manuals, this JV/XV/SRX plugin seems to be based on the early 00s era Fantom-X engine (which is basically the XV-5080 engine with a different MFX section). So the 78 MFXs section in the VST matches the one in the old Fantom, the PCM engine matches too (including stereo wave tones - this feature didn't exist on the JV-1080), same with tone structures, filter types, modulations and matrix controls, etc.
That means the JV-1080 is completely redundant, since the XV-5080 has all the presets (and more). Right?
Fernando (FMR)

Yes

Integra 7 XV-5080 engine=VSTi XV-5080 engine. Maybe Zenology Pro ( ZenCore) use this same XV-5080 engine too.

Structure of VSTi XV-5080 BINs is similar to SySex from HW XV-5080.

fmr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:19 pm That means the JV-1080 is completely redundant, since the XV-5080 has all the presets (and more). Right?
That is right.

czsynth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:32 pm Integra 7 XV-5080 engine=VSTi XV-5080 engine. Maybe Zenology Pro ( ZenCore) use this same XV-5080 engine too.
Nope, Zencore is different from the XV engine.

Does anyone know what the red bin symbol in the Loyalty Rewards section of the website is for? I assume it deletes the lifetime key, but does that then free up a credit for something else or do you just lose your lifetime key (in which I would see no point).

Test of the Roland Cloud Sample Packs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp8A6gznPIU
Are you using them to produce your tracks?

They're an abomination!

Actually I don't mind playing around with them when building out the skeleton of a track or a construction kit might let you understand how those sorts of tracks are put together, but they are cheating in my book unless you really go to town on them to make them unrecognisable like using loads of extra effects and processing on top.
At least old school hip hop producers used to have to hunt and work to find a loop that worked.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

What's next? Are companies going to release sample packs with a bucnh of semi-completed songs?

Edited to add: What's going on with RC today? It takes forever to download. I wanted to install an EXZ board (less than 100 MB in size), and it took like an hour. All other Internet-related things are working fast as expected on my Mac.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:35 pm They're an abomination!

Actually I don't mind playing around with them when building out the skeleton of a track or a construction kit might let you understand how those sorts of tracks are put together, but they are cheating in my book unless you really go to town on them to make them unrecognisable like using loads of extra effects and processing on top.
At least old school hip hop producers used to have to hunt and work to find a loop that worked.
I'm not using pre-made loops either for producing music, but I understand the purpose of them (for fun, making music for online sound-libraries, etc). One-shot samples are interesting, but loops are too limited.

Return to “Instruments”