Favorite versatile reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reverberate2?

ralfrobert wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:46 pm If you want something that is not super versatile, but offers several possibilities, fast results, and excellent sound, look at this:

https://relabdevelopment.com/product/lx480-essentials/

(A bit off-topic, I know, but this is a comment on the last post, as the author talks about quick workflow/ great sound.)
I actually own Sonsig, and missed the opportunity to get that for free by a few hours, since they ran a <24hour giveaway for it for license holders. No... Eventually I'll just buy their bundle, I'm demoing them along with Cinematic Rooms when I get the chance. I feel pretty bad about missing that giveaway, really... I am certainly interested in the other Relab reverbs.

Get in contact with Relab support.Look here:
https://gearspace.com/board/new-product ... st15494003

E_Anderson wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:51 am
ralfrobert wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:46 pm If you want something that is not super versatile, but offers several possibilities, fast results, and excellent sound, look at this:

https://relabdevelopment.com/product/lx480-essentials/

(A bit off-topic, I know, but this is a comment on the last post, as the author talks about quick workflow/ great sound.)
I actually own Sonsig, and missed the opportunity to get that for free by a few hours, since they ran a <24hour giveaway for it for license holders. No... Eventually I'll just buy their bundle, I'm demoing them along with Cinematic Rooms when I get the chance. I feel pretty bad about missing that giveaway, really... I am certainly interested in the other Relab reverbs.

fcamp wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:31 am Get in contact with Relab support.Look here:
My firstborn will be named fcamp, in your honor.

:tu: It will be a great honor!! PM me to send a photo of the baby!! :lol: :lol:

E_Anderson wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:17 am
fcamp wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:31 am Get in contact with Relab support.Look here:
My firstborn will be named fcamp, in your honor.

Just a heads up: Relab have a sale going on right now where Sonsig can be had for 99$...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Pro-R

There are so many good reverb plugins available now.
It wasnt that long ago when there was only a few good ones.

At this point I personally wouldn't just use one.
That would be too limiting when there are several excellent ones (already mentioned).

I find myself using the following the most in order of appearance:

1. NI Raum
2. Eventide Black Hole
3. Ableton Reverb (stock)
At the beginning of something beautiful...

Yes, especially Black hole is super-versatile - it fits this thread perfectly...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Well… it sounds great IMHO. And I use it a lot. But in case of versatility you’re right. Maybe I have to replace it with Exponential Audio R4.
At the beginning of something beautiful...

Yes, I am loving NI Raum. Excellent for even throwing in directly on the inserts to create long, lush sound on individual instruments (one-shots, for example). Fantastic reverb, which most of us got for free.

NI RC 24 and RC 48 are also great. I think the overall palette I have now is pretty good in offering versatility and simplicity, as needed.

I have resisted well and haven't got any reverb since getting NIMBUS for cheap. Not even Pro-R, at least yet.

Pro-R / Blackhole

most versatile in a single plugin would be any hybrid reverb, or a hybrid process using multiple plugins in a modular plugin rack...algorithmic and versatile are almost oxymorons in my experience...i have come across very few that have versatility, as many algo verbs have a single sonic fingerprint...the few I've found that have a wider than average palette of flavors are Eventide Ultrareverb, Sonnox oxford verb, TC Electronics native verbs, Eareverb, and MTurbo
I also think over the years people have slept on Ariesverb, rayspace, and fusion field
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

bermudagold wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:17 am algorithmic and versatile are almost oxymorons in my experience...
Not mine at all - why would that be? The versatile algorithmic reverbs have have multiple different algorithms and/or various parameters that fundamentally change their impulse response - of course often further parameters that increase their versatility such as dynamic processing / additional delay-lines / modulation in the feedback-path / distortion... there is neither a theoretical reason why there would not be able to offer uge versatility nor practical resutls that would support this theory..

Return to “Effects”