Algonaut Atlas 2 finally announced. New buyers get 2 for free, 19$ upgrade for others.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas Atlas 2

Hello, is there a manual?

Also can we nudge individual notes?

Last edited by dusted william on Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah okay cool. I thought there would be a place that shows all kits, sequences, etc (separately). Seems like it's more like folders where everything is potentially mixed in, so there's not really a way to see all of the kits or sequences in the library.

Anyway - I do really like being able to unfold the sequences and view the individual component loops, and drag them into the sequencer. Very cool.

Another question.

I have a bunch of midi drum loops on my hardrive. Can I point to that folder in Atlas2?

dusted william wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:34 pm Another question.

I have a bunch of midi drum loops on my hardrive. Can I point to that folder in Atlas2?
Yes from the "Browser" panel there's a clog wheel (settings) on the right corner.

phreaque wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:03 am
dusted william wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:34 pm Another question.

Yes from the "Browser" panel there's a clog wheel (settings) on the right corner.
Thanks, but I don't t think that will do exactly what I want. I'd like to create many folders that it points to. It looks like this is for Atlas content, but I want it to easily access shared content. Hopefully, I'm missing something and it's pretty easy to do what I want to do.

XO has a really cool velocity feature, where the sample plays back from a later point at lower velocities and the user can adjust it. IT'S SO COOL. You can get convincing ghost notes from a single one shot sample. It is mention-how-cool-it-is-again cool.

+1 yes! this would be awesome!

dusted william wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:20 pm Hello, is there a manual?

Also can we nudge individual notes?

Not yet. It's in the works from what I was told.

dusted william wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:08 am [snip]
I'd like to create many folders that it points to.
If you're on Windows and have Atlas content and midi files on local drive(s), you may be able to achieve your desire with symbolic links.
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/
My content location is on my NAS, so not working here...

dusted william wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:08 am Thanks, but I don't t think that will do exactly what I want. I'd like to create many folders that it points to. It looks like this is for Atlas content, but I want it to easily access shared content. Hopefully, I'm missing something and it's pretty easy to do what I want to do.
Still possible to make shortcut symlinks of different drives & paths. Atlas will have one "user folder" but it contains folders from other locations.

dusted william wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:34 pm I have a bunch of midi drum loops on my hardrive. Can I point to that folder in Atlas2?
Atlas doesn't support MIDI files in its own browser yet, you have to drag-drop on the sequencer from your OS. The thing with MIDI drum loops is a lot of them do things differently. (eg. different root notes, sometimes General MIDI sometimes not) It's quite a job to get everything to work.

I definitely want to support all of these so everyone has tonnes of stuff for the sequencer. I'll just be tackling that piece by piece after this initial launch.

If anyone has drum MIDI files that don't drag-drop into Atlas correctly, contact me via website/email and I'll see what needs to be done. Once that's all working well I'll enable the bulk importer.

phreaque wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:12 am Still possible to make shortcut symlinks of different drives & paths. Atlas will have one "user folder" but it contains folders from other locations.
This may work with Hard symlinks (depends on your OS) but not shortcuts.

I have a feature in development where you can create shortcuts within the Atlas Browser. It even supports hot-loading USB drives.(ie. the drive appears when you plug it in) It works in general but needs a bit more effort before it's release-ready. Beta testers accidentally created infinite loops and all sorts of creative things that broke everything and it's a tricky one to do tech support on. I don't have a timeline for finishing it but I know people will want this over time as their content libraries grow.

padillac wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:21 pm Ah okay cool. I thought there would be a place that shows all kits, sequences, etc (separately). Seems like it's more like folders where everything is potentially mixed in, so there's not really a way to see all of the kits or sequences in the library.
There's a Filter panel for the Browser in development that will do this. It didn't make the cut for 2.0 but will be in a free update when it's finished.

MattAlgonaut wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:24 am
dusted william wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:34 pm I have a bunch of midi drum loops on my hardrive. Can I point to that folder in Atlas2?
Atlas doesn't support MIDI files in its own browser yet, you have to drag-drop on the sequencer from your OS. The thing with MIDI drum loops is a lot of them do things differently. (eg. different root notes, sometimes General MIDI sometimes not) It's quite a job to get everything to work.

I definitely want to support all of these so everyone has tonnes of stuff for the sequencer. I'll just be tackling that piece by piece after this initial launch.

If anyone has drum MIDI files that don't drag-drop into Atlas correctly, contact me via website/email and I'll see what needs to be done. Once that's all working well I'll enable the bulk importer.
I think that the minimum requirement
for the drum machine is handling the GM
files. Can you first make this happening in
the Atlas: both drag in and out. If the
sequencer reads the GM, even better.

The best option for me to create a drum
track, is to take some GM grooves and fills,
which I arrange, refine and develope, and
possibly blend with some sequencer programmed material.

A large internal groove/fills library is alwayva plus. But I own e.g. all the Groovemonkee libraries, in addition to several Fxpansion and Platinium groove libraries. The user should, absolutelt, to be able to use all the existing libraries.

One step further: since the Algonaut has advertised the Atlas as s ”AI tool”, why not expand the intelligence from identifying similar type of sounds, to the intelligence of identifying grooves and fills, even create new groove tracks based on the existing material (machine learning)?

Be innovative! Don’t be satisfied delivering just an other drum machine, but a real AI tool.

Harry_HH wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:27 am I think that the minimum requirement
for the drum machine is handling the GM
files. Can you first make this happening in
the Atlas: both drag in and out. If the
sequencer reads the GM, even better.
Hold shift when you drag-drop a MIDI file for it to read it in as General MIDI. (you'll see the help message saying then when you hover the MIDI file over the sequencer)

If the Drum Kit is in General MIDI mode (the dropdown below the kit) then it will export as General MIDI.
Harry_HH wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:27 am The best option for me to create a drum
track, is to take some GM grooves and fills,
which I arrange, refine and develope, and
possibly blend with some sequencer programmed material.

A large internal groove/fills library is alwayva plus. But I own e.g. all the Groovemonkee libraries, in addition to several Fxpansion and Platinium groove libraries. The user should, absolutelt, to be able to use all the existing libraries.

One step further: since the Algonaut has advertised the Atlas as s ”AI tool”, why not expand the intelligence from identifying similar type of sounds, to the intelligence of identifying grooves and fills, even create new groove tracks based on the existing material (machine learning)?
Agreed. There's plenty of opportunity to add cool stuff to the sequencer now that it's built. Reading all the drum MIDI out there is just the next step.

Dencheg wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:04 am Must be sooner than when it wasn't soon.
🤔

Return to “Instruments”