Songwish reMidi 2.0 Crashing Live 11. Anyone else?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can load reMidi 2.0 in an Ableton Live 11 project and work with it successfully. However if I save the project and then reopen it, Live crashes with "A serious program error has occured" message. This happens every time I try to open a project containing reMidi 2.

Anyone else having this problem? I am on Windows 10. I have contacted Songwish support but always useful to know you are not the only one.

OK. Got very quick reply from Songwish. An update is promised soon.

I sent a bug report today about it crashing in Bitwig Studio. Does it whenever I have more than one instance of reMidi in a project. And before it crashes it slows down the gui of all plugins almost to the point where they are unresponsive. All this and the app keeps playing at a normal pace.

Songwish promised an update for yesterday. There is a 2.01 update posted at Plugin Boutique which is new I think. Not tried it yet.

Version 2.01 still crashing Live.

Still wondering if anyone else has this problem. Would like to know if it’s a Live 11 issue. No solution from the dev yet.

I'm on windows 10 and did a couple of things simultaneously and everything seems okay. I updated Live to 11.0.1 and I uninstalled all versions of remidi version 1 and version 2 and VST 2 and 3. Then I reinstalled remidi version 2 only, VST 2 and 3. Before Live 11 wouldn't finish scanning and afterward it comes up fine. I havn't had much time to test it out yet.

Specifically the problem is opening a Live set containing reMidi 2. It always crashes before fully opening.

Yes I had the same problem and after the above steps the problem was gone. First I removed all remidi dll from vst plugin folder so Live would load without crashing and the the other steps as mentioned.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately didn’t work for me.

I have the same problem. I can load Remidi2 and work with it but as soon as I try to re-open a set with Remidi2 in it, Ableton crashes. Fortunately I caught this whilst I was creating a simple template so nothing lost. Very annoying though.

Songwish promised to get back to me on this but it was a while ago.

Version 2.03 up on Plugin Boutique now. Only 20mins playing so far but seems to have fixed my Ableton Live crashing Problem.

SHall1000 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:14 pm Version 2.03 up on Plugin Boutique now. Only 20mins playing so far but seems to have fixed my Ableton Live crashing Problem.
2.03 is making Bitwig hang cause the plugin crashes now.

Seems to work in fine in reaper but there's little bugs here and there

Return to “Effects”