Care to list your Plugin Alliance gems?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Najimad wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:54 pmEveryone knows the more 2nd hand pa you buy the less fee you pay. You can buy and wait as long as you want and if you have for instance 6 pa plugins yoz oay only 8 usd transfer fee!!!
I'm aware of this. But then if people were happy waiting, they should generally wait for a flash sale, not to try to save $5 off a cheap PA plugin.

Anyway, I'm just illustrating a point - the s/h market is slow for the cheap/old PA plugins because there's very little money to be saved in general. It doesn't mean there aren't bargains to be hard, but the savings are small when the sales prices are already super-cheap. The pricier/newer plugins there's usually more gains to be had if you want to play the game...

I love the new HG-2MS, waiting for Tantra 2 now. Who cares about resale value, I don't buy to sell.

beely wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:36 pmLots of supply, less demand. That's why the cheaper PA plugins don't move super fast.
True. And the fact everyone has them now probably, in the last couple of sales you could pickup even Unfiltered Audio stuff for free with the vouchers.

I think, we all have a huge choice of plugins from different devs.
I am a daw user for 9 years, enough time to find out what I like and what I do not like.
There are only two devs that have no plugin at all for me, so still a lot plugins from other devs to choose :)

Russell Grand wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:15 am (Before I even clicked on it, I just knew someone would be in this thread sh*tting on PA. 🙄)

This post is old but I'll just say: anything Unfiltered Audio and DS' synth Thorn.
dang my reply got yeeted.

I agree re: UA and DS. Also a couple of plugs coded by Ray.
but it doesn't offload the cesspool that is the PA ecosystem, for me.

beely wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:36 pm But why would someone buy a s/h SSL 4K E for $12, plus the necessary $20 transfer ($32), when they can get it new in a flash sale for $50 - $25 loyalty, so... $25 new..?
Not sure if you know this but you can also use the vouchers on transfer fees.

Just bought bx_4000E for $10 yesterday and used the Summer Sale voucher for the transfer.

Not sure if they allow this with the monthly vouchers but something to look into?

Some real bargains to be had out there!

R.

Ol' Betsey satan wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:50 pm Not sure if you know this but you can also use the vouchers on transfer fees.

Just bought bx_4000E for $10 yesterday and used the Summer Sale voucher for the transfer.

Not sure if they allow this with the monthly vouchers but something to look into?

Some real bargains to be had out there!

R.
No, minimal spend for 25% monthly vouchers is 32$, for 50$ and 75$ i forgot.
So you need to do two transfers - so the cost goes up to 40% and you can then spend the 25$ voucher on the transfers.
No matter how you turn, they get money from you, and these vouchers aren't bargains they're calculated value with an annoying convoluted system slapped on top to persuade you to spend money.

Well they're bargain-bin plugins, so what else could they cost other than bargain?

Ol' Betsey satan wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:50 pm Not sure if you know this but you can also use the vouchers on transfer fees.
I'm well aware of how everything works, yes.

Yes, the $20 sale vouchers with no minimum spend you can use on a single license transfer. The Loyalty Vouchers have minimum spend limits though so you can't use them for one license transfer, you'd have to have enough to cover the minimum spend.

However, looking at the Summer Sale, a license transfer fee might be the best use for the sale voucher...

Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:03 pmWell they're bargain-bin plugins, so what else could they cost other than bargain?
Yes, why buy the PA version for $25 on sale when you could buy it on the highly-regarded UAD platform (same code, and run less instances) for at least $150/each... :lol:

beely wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:09 pm
Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:03 pmWell they're bargain-bin plugins, so what else could they cost other than bargain?
Yes, why buy the PA version for $25 on sale when you could buy it on the highly-regarded UAD platform (same code, and run less instances) for at least $150/each... :lol:
two wrongs don't make a right
I don't know why anyone would buy into the whole DSP overpriced plugin bullshit in the first place.

Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:43 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:15 am (Before I even clicked on it, I just knew someone would be in this thread sh*tting on PA. 🙄)

This post is old but I'll just say: anything Unfiltered Audio and DS' synth Thorn.
dang my reply got yeeted.

I agree re: UA and DS. Also a couple of plugs coded by Ray.
but it doesn't offload the cesspool that is the PA ecosystem, for me.
To each their own. I picked up the UA BYOME in a sale or with a voucher, and whilst interesting, to me had a pretty poor lofi sound to it... didn't like the individual components fidelity e.g. filters/reverb/distortion to the point I haven't looked at any of there other offerings. Using other better sounding plug ins with bitwig modulation seemed to give better quality sounds to me. (maybe I need to give it another chance though?)

Not entirely sure you're being fair on PA. I think they have quite a few really decent plugins, and you can pick most up pretty cheaply. bx_digital, elysia alpha, very decent consoles... excellent saturation blackbox/phils cascade... what's wrong with any of those?

_leras wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:39 pm Not entirely sure you're being fair on PA. I think they have quite a few really decent plugins, and you can pick most up pretty cheaply. bx_digital, elysia alpha, very decent consoles... excellent saturation blackbox/phils cascade... what's wrong with any of those?
Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:43 pm Also a couple of plugs coded by Ray.
both black box and phil's cascade were done by ray, also i think vertigo stuff and a few others.

as for what's wrong:
their owner and business model

Could you just open your own thread about your obsession with Dirk and all your acolytes can join in the fun there? It's really tiring listening to your repetition of how you hate Dirk/the business model whilst not actually discussing the topic at hand. We all know where you stand by now, so how about giving it a rest? It's kind of obsessive behaviour to follow every PA thread, why not do your mental health a favour and forget about Dirk and move on? Harbouring grudges isn't good.

For me it's the quality of plugins.
Decapitator, some Softube or other Saturators make sense, but Black Box or Vertigo VSM3 make everything sound worse. Are they just for edm, what's their magic? Never understood these pa plugins

Najimad wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:14 pm For me it's the quality of plugins.
Decapitator, some Softube or other Saturators make sense, but Black Box or Vertigo VSM3 make everything sound worse. Are they just for edm, what's their magic? Never understood these pa plugins
EDM? Don't even make that kind of music, so no, it's not just for EDM. Many think it Black Box sounds great. No-one is right or wrong, doesn't make them crap though, just not your taste obviously.

Return to “Effects”