HouseEngine MIDI generator plug-in available now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For Cakewalk users that try out the fabric chords:
You have to make a timeline selection. Probably also want to loop it. It lists how many bars they have so make the timeline selection to be that many bars.
Then you can use the play button and change variation while looping.
I have stumbled on a couple more plugins that needs this setup when the track has no midi in it. It's a headscratcher if you aren't aware of it.

Saffran wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:00 pm For Cakewalk users that try out the fabric chords:
You have to make a timeline selection. Probably also want to loop it. It lists how many bars they have so make the timeline selection to be that many bars.
Then you can use the play button and change variation while looping.
I have stumbled on a couple more plugins that needs this setup when the track has no midi in it. It's a headscratcher if you aren't aware of it.
Good point, thanks!
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

Trialled this briefly and bought already as it is a very good tool to create new ideas. Only issue I have found is dragging chord progressions from live into it does not appear to work (have to export/save midi and load it). Looks like a trip to the manual if this is working fine for other live users.

Samiver wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:35 am Trialled this briefly and bought already as it is a very good tool to create new ideas. Only issue I have found is dragging chord progressions from live into it does not appear to work (have to export/save midi and load it). Looks like a trip to the manual if this is working fine for other live users.
Thanks for your purchase!

Unfortunately, most DAWs don't allow such a workflow as you describe (dragging chord progressions FROM the DAW to HouseEngine). Ableton Live for example doesn't allow such a thing, because it doesn't generate real MIDI data when you drag a chord progression from Ableton to another application.

A little trick that might make life easier: You could always export your Ableton Live MIDI chord progressions to the same folder. Then add this folder to the "Places" on the left side of Live. Now it's a bit quicker to drag the newly generated files to HouseEngine (at least you can stay within Live and don't have to use Explorer/Finder).

All the best,
Hauke
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

Okay… I uploaded the rough track to sound cloud:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/FMT3AHS2R5fNCN999

I think what I wrote earlier was pretty accurate with what I did. All parts were pulled from house engine. Like I said before the midi I picked was of the simple variety.

Anyhow, maybe it will give an idea of what else is possible. Feel free to ask questions!

dopet wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:05 am Okay… I uploaded the rough track to sound cloud:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/FMT3AHS2R5fNCN999

I think what I wrote earlier was pretty accurate with what I did. All parts were pulled from house engine. Like I said before the midi I picked was of the simple variety.

Anyhow, maybe it will give an idea of what else is possible. Feel free to ask questions!
Awesome, thanks for posting :)! I wouldn't have thought that you used HouseEngine for this :tu:

Thanks for listening Hauke. And thanks for the great tools you create as well. :)

I'm trying HouseEngine for Progressive House.
I uploaded a rough track.
https://soundcloud.com/strovoknights/pr ... ouseengine
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

strovoknights wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:48 am I'm trying HouseEngine for Progressive House.
I uploaded a rough track.
https://soundcloud.com/strovoknights/pr ... ouseengine
Very cool, thanks for posting :) ! I am really happy that it works across so many genres. Personally, I mostly used it for Deep House and Funky House so far, but your song makes me want to dive deeper into the Progressive worlds :wink:

Cheers,
Hauke

Return to “Effects”