Softube Tape Echoes released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Introducing Tape Echoes

Tape Echoes takes the vintage vibe of the Tape plug-in you know and love and delivers old-school tape sounds that are even dirtier. Skillfully modeled to capture the sound and behavior of vintage tape delay, Tape Echoes offers both classic tape sounds and massive amounts of wow, flutter, drop-outs, and more—all in one easy-to-use plug-in. This intensely rich, lo-fi mojo machine the perfect complement to Tape for when you want your sound a little grittier.

https://www.softube.com/products/tape-e ... ape-echoes
5DA55856-2107-4C04-9704-D614525E1E41.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by martinjuenke on Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

It would be interesting to see how thing to compares to Pulsar Echorec.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:21 pm It would be interesting to see how thing to compares to Pulsar Echorec.
Based on the specs I'd say it's more similar to a Space Echo.

Just grab them all!

The control set looks a bit lean. It looks as though the dirt knob simultaneously controls tone, wow/flutter, and drop outs.

SonicDimension wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:23 pm The control set looks a bit lean. It looks as though the dirt knob simultaneously controls tone, wow/flutter, and drop outs.
Dirt is the character of the effect. It affects tonality, flutter, dropouts, crosstalk, pitch, and the randomness of those parameters—from mild to exaggerated.
I guess you could also call it the Age knob.

Been looking at this today too. Do I really need another tape echo? No. But I may buy it anyway.

Works inside Modular, which may be a selling point for some.

Ouch €99

_leras wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:59 amOuch €99
People at Gearspace mentioned that you need to login first to lower the price to 65 and also use this discount code for another 10% off:

PROGEARVINTAGEVIBE

It's like a teaser for Valhalla Delay - only that even with two discounts applied it still costs more than it - and - knowing Softube - probably uses way more CPU to boot...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

And it needs iLok.

I was wondering if they are still making Rack Extensions for Reason, because it would look nice in the RRP, but on the other hand I don't like to buy plugins that aren't transferable.

it uses bugger all CPU, and it's fecking NUTS.

it really deserves for the Dirt knob to be split up into separate Wow, Flutter, Age or whatever.
Can get some (vintage) out of this world sounds going on, as the regen is generally quite tameable.
for $59 it's doeable, $99 is a bit rich, but it's Softube can't expect much else.

jens wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:33 am It's like a teaser for Valhalla Delay - only that even with two discounts applied it still costs more than it - and - knowing Softube - probably uses way more CPU to boot...
Well it probably oversamples to reduce aliasing, unlike Valhalla...

*hides*

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:10 am
_leras wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:59 amOuch €99
People at Gearspace mentioned that you need to login first to lower the price to 65 and also use this discount code for another 10% off:

PROGEARVINTAGEVIBE
Nice thanks Lotuz - I'll see if I can log in and get that price..

I think it sounds really good actually. It's a totally different flavour than roland space echo - but sounds really nice and dubby.

The fact you can also just use it as a dirt and drive box is also pretty cool.

Return to “Effects”