Care to list your Plugin Alliance gems?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Najimad wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:20 am There are lots of saturation plugins, find out by yourself what works best FOR YOU. All kind of plugins can be used for saturation, mayby also try mike-e.

I do not like eleminating frequencies completely by using a notch filter, let the instrument be the way it is, just find harmonizing result in a mix without destroying its soul. I like mixes with live character like from a rehearsal or gig, I like 1970ies sound with unperfections lots of masking, extra noise, but with a great vibe.

Newbies could have been tempted to buy pa plugins when they read this thread before I posted. I recommend to compare. A list price of 349, on sales for 35, so cheap???
Of course so cheap, most of these plugins are not worth more than 5 imo!
It took quite long for Waves to have so many plugins, PA obviously imitates it and want to reach same success in a short time!
When you wanna go fast, quality might lack ;)

What a great professional homepage with lots of bla bla, agressive marketing and promotion... they obviously want to make money and it's legit. Some Brauer engineer says he uses this and that plugin, CLA presents this and that Waves plugins.
Who is so stupid to believe they use it in a prof production with hundreds of high quality hardware around them haha

I recommend to compare, pa knows how to hype, but there are smaller, way greater devs like TDR, Klanghelm, Vallhala, BOZ, LVC, DDMF etc, but also bigger devs like Softube, Voxengo, Waves, Eventide etc Just COMPARE! We all know who developed the best SSL comp emu, for so many years no one could make it better, it is never on sales and you won't hardly get it second hand for a good reason. And maybe try to find out whether something works for you without being influenced by anybody's opinion.

I had a pa one year subscription, enough time to check their plugins. Today I would not install or use any PA plugin, there are other devs making a better job imo
And I agree with someone here, I have to repeat, because I have my opinion, my message is all that glitters ain't gold and
COMPARE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!
Cheers, I had thought the Mike E was more just a compressor - looks interesting like an updated FATSO I'll check it out in more detail. Sounded great in their demo video.

You specifically said 'rumble' as if it was a problem you needed to deal with. I don't think anyone suggest notch out a rumble or resonance completely, but to reduce it to get the sound without the problem and more how you like it.

Look man, loads of the top mixers are now mainly in the box. People still track through hardware, but for mixing it's a done deal imo. Also, tons of really great electronic music has been almost exclusively in the box for many years already.

And hey, I'm not a PA fan boy, but they do have some really good plug ins, and their value can be excellent. Their model is just to lower prices of older plug ins so they can generate 'tail' revenue on them instead of have sales dry up. I still don't get why people have an issue with good plug ins going cheap.

I agree lots of developers are making tools that are good enough to mix with. We're discussing pretty minute differences in many cases, and just differences rather than subjectively being better or worse.

And further, I think a great example here is the Waves Schepps Omni Channel. There may be plug ins with higher fidelity, but this is such a good and well thought out Tool, that the ease of use leads to better decision making. and of course you are not prevented from using other plug ins before or after a channel strip.

"Who is so stupid to believe they use it in a prof production with hundreds of high quality hardware around them haha"
This is just the other side of the coin of people believing in hype, by the appeal to authority of the names cited.

I use a couple of things which cost no money at all that I assure you isn't going to stop anyone from doing business or be unprofessional in any way. or be inferior to anything in particular. Sturgeon's Law: 90% of any- everything is crap.

it's non-sequitur and fallacious in more than one way. I don't go around looking to score things for cheap or free for a while, and this website puts me off in numerous ways, but argument to price is not a good argument, nor is 'who is so stupid', because you're evidencing a type of uncritical belief right there. Leave alone argument to vast quantity of hardware availability.

Top mixers of today!?
Quality of today's mixes?!
I do not want get completely ot :D
Quality, price, hard or software
it's about songs, isn't it !
so first and foremost it's about good songs!
If a song is good no consumer cares about
Pro Tools or Plugin Alliance or hardware or...
Well, it's about social media today, too...
but again ot! And it's about the big question
when Autotune will be banned haha
And The Beatles are to blame, for they stole many great song ideas from the ocean of ideas...
Last edited by Najimad on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haha i don't even own a tube amp!

btw najimad, pa is a shop, not the developer, that would be many developers, under the umbrella of an alliance with brainworx.

are you specially talking about the brainworx stuff or are you saying all the devs on there are shit?

it was something Brainworx that caught my eye at Presonus but they made it too difficult for me. As it happens I do see a couple of those in my plugins folders, maybe it was you can't get it twice, ie., Presonus has a used code up at my account. My brain is leaking memory
Last edited by jancivil on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I do not want to repeat...but kinda have to.
One example I am happy with The Glue for many years,
what could pa give me, not to use the Glue
that much any more? I had a 1 year subscription. Nothing ! Townhouse ?
Not their worst plugin, but thanks no.
I love Echoboy, bx delay 2500? No, thanks.
Bx Masterdesk? I think I get better results with ReaComp and ReaEq and a free limiter or Rea Iforgotthename.
For me PA is PA, I know there is SPL, bx etc.
No plugin that I want to use, I always have a better choice , I know, I repeat.
PA Bettermaker is a pultec with ms, that's cool, aleady have some pultec plugins, though and if I want ms, it's simple to do with every plugin.
Now I will join some Eventide thread here,
I am tired of PA haha
Last edited by Najimad on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 pm it was something Brainworx that caught my eye at Presonus but they made it too difficult for me. As it happens I do see a couple of those in my plugins folders, maybe it was you can't get it twice. My brain is leaking memory
byome and the new silo by unfiltered audio, they look interesting to me.
brainworx, it was the oberhausen that i first noticed them. nice synth, but not something i needed so let it pass.
got enough synths really, my "collecting" days are long gone for synths, ill stick to lego and pops for that :hihi:

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:16 pm haha i don't even own a tube amp!
bears repeating... 🐻

this is a sub-filter, something called 'bx_solo' and a 'V3 player'. There is no chance I bought them, so they must be via Presonus.

I don't recall ever owning a tube amp. I used one, 50W Marshall, throughout the Overlook days on Oak street but it wasn't mine. Its owner did not like my settings or his being not there upon return.
Fred Frith swung by to borrow it one day, not having an amp in his possession at the time during a Skeleton Crew tour or part of a tour. He was probably located in Oakland teaching at Mills College (sadly, now defunct) at the time, too.

Lotta people romanticize recording studios and big money like it's still necessary today. Sorry, no.

tube amps are pretty well modeled today, and I can prove it ;)

jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:51 pm tube amps are pretty well modeled today, and I can prove it ;)
it's the haha at the end of every post, just reminds me of an old meme and user :hihi:

it's also true in my case these days, have owned several. got a small solid state practice amp now, can't justify the power in my current situation, wouldn't be fair on neighbours :lol:

and eviction is a pain!

I also used a Fender Twin in 87, after the Overlook had been abandoned. It was the singer's amp.

WAIT! NO! my first amp was a Vox. was my Peavy tubes? Prob. not.
I had an eBow once and don't even remember what amp.

jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:46 pmthis is a sub-filter, something called 'bx_solo' and a 'V3 player'. There is no chance I bought them, so they must be via Presonus.
That stuff is free, everyone with a PA account gets a few freebies to start (nothing particularly exciting).

Return to “Effects”