FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
7186 posts since 7 Mar, 2003

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:25 am

jancivil wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:53 am
Only bugginess I'm experiencing is the License Manager thinking something which has been downloaded and installed is still downloading.
this was true with fxpansion BFD3 as long as I can recall, so not very consequential. So ain't broke/don't fix here, but thank you for your yeoman work Drew.
Got that on our list for future fixes.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Disclosure: I'm an audio engineer, product owner, and content developer working for inMusic Brands

KVRAF
7186 posts since 7 Mar, 2003

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:25 am

Amberience wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:36 am
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay. There is a new version of BFD3 available - 3.4.2.4. Please see the below.

BFD3.4.2.4 Release Notes:

This build addresses:

* Offline usage: expansion packs should now work properly! And this time, we really mean it!
* The BFD3 installer will check if License Manager is open and active, and will refuse to install.
* License Manager online access checks should be more robust for users based in China.
* LM 3-0-3-1 included.
* Windows version now comes as a self-extracting .EXE file.
* Visual Studio Runtime Redistributable runs automatically as part of BFDIS script if no previous installation detected.
* Multi-threaded scan (faster / less hangy boot)
* Fix for 5-sec scan loop that can sometimes occur.

*** IMPORTANT UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS ***

The login process has been updated to fix issues with inMusic account access and offline software usability.

To make sure this all works properly, BFD3.4.2.4 and BFD License Manager 3.0.3.1 are required.

This is included with the installer for BFD3.4.2.4, but you **MUST** close License Manager before installing. BFD34.2.4 will prevent you from installing if it detects that BFD License Manager is running.


*** EXISTING USERS ***
Here are the installation steps:

1. Launch BFD License Manager.

2. If you are not logged into your inMusic Profile, please login.

3. Once logged in, find BFD3 in your list of products. Click it to see the available downloads.

4. Find BFD3.4.2.4 and start downloading it. You can monitor the download progress on the Downloads tab in BFD License Manager.

6. Once downloaded click the magnifying glass to open the download location in Explorer or Finder.

7. Close BFD License Manager, and start the installer for BFD3.4.2.4.

8. When installing BFD3.4.2.4, please take care to select the correct VSTplugin location for your setup.

9. After the installation of BFD3.4.2.4, launch the BFD License Manager.

10. Please re-login to your inMusic Profile account.

11. Once logged in, launch the BFD3 standalone.

12. Everything should be authorized and working!



*** NEW USERS ***
Here are the installation steps:

1. Download BFD License Manager 3.0.3.1 from:
www.bfddrums.com/downloads.html

2. Install the version for your platform and then launch it.

3. You will have to re-login to your inMusic Profile account. Follow the steps to login via your browser.

4. Once logged in, find BFD3 in the list of products you own and select it to view the available downloads.

5. Find BFD3.4.2.4 and start downloading it. You can monitor the download progress on the Downloads tab in BFD License Manager.

6. Once downloaded click the magnifying glass to open the download location in Explorer or Finder.

7. Close BFD License Manager, and start the installer for BFD3.4.2.4.

8. When installing BFD3.4.2.4, please take care to select the correct VSTplugin location for your setup.

9. After the installation of BFD3.4.2.4, launch the BFD3 standalone.

10. Everything should be authorized and working!
Just quoting this since we've gone over to the next page.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Disclosure: I'm an audio engineer, product owner, and content developer working for inMusic Brands

User avatar
KVRian
690 posts since 26 Nov, 2007

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:40 am

thnx... it worked (downloaded) this time. keeping my fingers crossed :) will let you know how it goes... cheers

a willow tree is strong enough to bend
never like the oak who lives in fear of the wind


User avatar
KVRian
690 posts since 26 Nov, 2007

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:09 am

installation went fine and everything seems to work so far (thnx for the install options now) except my BFD3 Core Library.

from the attached pics you can see after standalone does it initial scan everything is active except the core library. when i click the "license" button it opens the new license manager and shows everything is activated and in proper order but it fails to fix the greyed out "BFD3 Core Library" so none of BFD kits or presets can load or function. do i HAVE to remove and reinstall the core library again? i really don't want to have to download 60+GB all over again. it baffles me that the license manager has activated the program and even the content download at the bottom shows my content is up to date. but the scan refuses to activate my core audio samples :( any suggestions other than downloading over 60Gb of data again? (i think that is what it said last time i clicked the content download button) FYI i have never changed anything on my sample drive in the BFD folder i have placed EVERYTHING for BFD over the years and it always activated and worked in the past.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MadDogE134 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

a willow tree is strong enough to bend
never like the oak who lives in fear of the wind


User avatar
KVRian
690 posts since 26 Nov, 2007

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:10 am

why are the pics so blurry? do i need to reduce the size and re-attach them? :(

p.s. never mind... you can right click on them and open in a new tab to get the unblurry versions lol cheers

a willow tree is strong enough to bend
never like the oak who lives in fear of the wind


User avatar
KVRAF
34296 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:18 am

Amberience wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:36 am
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay. There is a new version of BFD3 available - 3.4.2.4. Please see the below.

BFD3.4.2.4 Release Notes:

This build addresses:

* Offline usage: expansion packs should now work properly! And this time, we really mean it!
* The BFD3 installer will check if License Manager is open and active, and will refuse to install.
* License Manager online access checks should be more robust for users based in China.
* LM 3-0-3-1 included.
* Windows version now comes as a self-extracting .EXE file.
* Visual Studio Runtime Redistributable runs automatically as part of BFDIS script if no previous installation detected.
* Multi-threaded scan (faster / less hangy boot)
* Fix for 5-sec scan loop that can sometimes occur.

*** IMPORTANT UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS ***

The login process has been updated to fix issues with inMusic account access and offline software usability.

To make sure this all works properly, BFD3.4.2.4 and BFD License Manager 3.0.3.1 are required.

This is included with the installer for BFD3.4.2.4, but you **MUST** close License Manager before installing. BFD34.2.4 will prevent you from installing if it detects that BFD License Manager is running.


*** EXISTING USERS ***
Here are the installation steps:

1. Launch BFD License Manager.

2. If you are not logged into your inMusic Profile, please login.

3. Once logged in, find BFD3 in your list of products. Click it to see the available downloads.

4. Find BFD3.4.2.4 and start downloading it. You can monitor the download progress on the Downloads tab in BFD License Manager.

6. Once downloaded click the magnifying glass to open the download location in Explorer or Finder.

7. Close BFD License Manager, and start the installer for BFD3.4.2.4.

8. When installing BFD3.4.2.4, please take care to select the correct VSTplugin location for your setup.

9. After the installation of BFD3.4.2.4, launch the BFD License Manager.

10. Please re-login to your inMusic Profile account.

11. Once logged in, launch the BFD3 standalone.

12. Everything should be authorized and working!



*** NEW USERS ***
Here are the installation steps:

1. Download BFD License Manager 3.0.3.1 from:
www.bfddrums.com/downloads.html

2. Install the version for your platform and then launch it.

3. You will have to re-login to your inMusic Profile account. Follow the steps to login via your browser.

4. Once logged in, find BFD3 in the list of products you own and select it to view the available downloads.

5. Find BFD3.4.2.4 and start downloading it. You can monitor the download progress on the Downloads tab in BFD License Manager.

6. Once downloaded click the magnifying glass to open the download location in Explorer or Finder.

7. Close BFD License Manager, and start the installer for BFD3.4.2.4.

8. When installing BFD3.4.2.4, please take care to select the correct VSTplugin location for your setup.

9. After the installation of BFD3.4.2.4, launch the BFD3 standalone.

10. Everything should be authorized and working!
Quoting for my own reference in case I feel brave enough to install.
Hi-de-Hi!

User avatar
KVRian
690 posts since 26 Nov, 2007

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 am

i will say i will in fact uninstall core content and reinstall if i HAVE to... but that costs me (eats up my bandwidth for the month). if i have to i will to get this mess cleaned up and get my product functioning but i certainly don't WANT to lol :help:
Last edited by MadDogE134 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

a willow tree is strong enough to bend
never like the oak who lives in fear of the wind


KVRAF
22878 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 am

Amberience wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:25 am
jancivil wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:53 am
Only bugginess I'm experiencing is the License Manager thinking something which has been downloaded and installed is still downloading.
this was true with fxpansion BFD3 as long as I can recall, so not very consequential. So ain't broke/don't fix here, but thank you for your yeoman work Drew.
Got that on our list for future fixes.
thanks again. I'm not too stressed about it, very slight annoyance at most

User avatar
tq
KVRian
861 posts since 23 Apr, 2003

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:32 am

What would be really helpful would be an option in the License Manager to 'consolidate' all the content into one directory for the BFD veterans, or even more fancy: an option to replace the BFD 2 content with the updated versions on demand. The scanning of content is already there, so a copy/move option should be possible in principle. But I can imagine that there are other things higher up the priority list right now, and doing this by hand is just a nuisance, but not a vital thing for the plug in to work.

User avatar
KVRian
690 posts since 26 Nov, 2007

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:41 am

well i tried that over the years lol... i created a BFD folder on my F: drive and then installed everything content wise to F:\BFD\ but looking in that folder alone... it is STILL a mess lol most of the expansions were for BFD2 but there wasn't much uniformity even back then. i agree i would love for the content to be uniformed but as you said... that is not or shouldn't be necessary for the product to work. it would just be nice to have things organized but i just want it to work for the most part :) cheers

a willow tree is strong enough to bend
never like the oak who lives in fear of the wind


KVRAF
22878 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:21 am

I don't know by what mechanism it was achieved, but here everything in my 'FXpansion' directory was copied over to 'BFD Drums*' at the same level, under 'Documents' (*which it created upon installation) and everything in the factory directory was to its replacement as well. It's not merely possible in principle, it specifically happened.

So the only things I had to do myself was delete the old. This might be because I had only the one user directory under which all libraries reside, of course there should be only one under Application Support.
Last edited by jancivil on Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian
872 posts since 29 May, 2011 from Germany

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:22 am

Amberience wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:36 am
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay. There is a new version of BFD3 available - 3.4.2.4. Please see the below.
[...]
10. Everything should be authorized and working!
Yesss! Good work, thanks! :tu:

User avatar
KVRian
690 posts since 26 Nov, 2007

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:31 am

one thing i DID notice is... after the fresh install today... i had i think 48 files that were in my trash bin that i did not put there and they were from BFD product folders. maybe they were just temp files created then removed. like the post that said the .exe file was a self-extracting compressed file.

but it is beyond me why the core library is having problems with activation... this has NEVER been a problem in the past. it was always problems with expansions (BFD2 lib installs)

i guess the biggest thing that baffles me is... if you look at the pic i posted... the core library is greyed out and awaiting activation BUT right under it the "Grooves" library is activated and it is in the same folder as the core audio (\BFD3 Core Library\Audio and \BFD3 Core Library\Grooves) why would it activate the grooves and not the audio?
Last edited by MadDogE134 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

a willow tree is strong enough to bend
never like the oak who lives in fear of the wind


KVRAF
8855 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:34 am

MadDogE134 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:09 am
installation went fine and everything seems to work so far (thnx for the install options now) except my BFD3 Core Library.
For your own sake, you should immediately take down the pics with your serial numbers clearly visible! Lest we all use them and take up all your activations.

User avatar
tq
KVRian
861 posts since 23 Apr, 2003

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:35 am

jancivil wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:21 am
I don't know by what mechanism it was achieved, but here everything in my 'FXpansion' directory was copied over to 'BFD Drums*' at the same level, under 'Documents' (*which it created upon installation) and everything in the factory directory was to its replacement as well. It's not merely possible in principle, it specifically happened.

So the only things I had to do myself was delete the old. This might be because I had only the one user directory under which all libraries reside, of course there should be only one under Application Support.
Yes, it does some of that already, but I think it basically moves stuff from the standard FXPansion folder to the new BFDDrums folder. But for some reason I had issues with some legacy content not being scanned and showing up, then. I could make it show up by manually adding paths and re-scanning multiple times, but this is not really bullet proof as of yet. Also, the BFD2 content still remains BFD2 content, no? I wish there was one consolidated format in the future. But I am sure Drew has that on the to-do list somewhere. :-)

By the way, did anybody replace legacy content with a new download, and did this show up as BFD3 then? (i.e. did it "upgrade" the content?)

Return to “Instruments”