Everything's gone digi! Lost for kit puchaces.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Everything's gone digital. Spent 2 days on research..just want to get set up!

Back ground

I used to mix on cdj 1000- dynaudio passive monitors and demon 400 style mixer.
I produced teckno. Using a mix of: Mackie HR824
Mackie 8 channel mixer, TS- 6 1/4 - 6 1/4 (jack 2 jack) into very forgiving (it seems after much research) m-audio delta 44 with the 4 in unblc (break out box) out 4.

VST - spetrasonics, Camel Audio, Native I absyth, Massive - (didn't like ableton) side chain bass.
Sony waves l1 etc
Sony sond forge

What I've got
I have a pair of MR524. [url]data:image[/url] -
[url]https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-an ... nitor/22FJ (https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Mackie-MR524-5-Powered-Studio-Monitor/22FJ)

CDJ 1000s ( in storage) - not even began the CD burning yet!

.Z1 n.I controller - Not got ability to use as line out requires into balaced. For sale
Windows 10 phone direct x driver? - Simple ART player + blackout audio valve amp at friends

What I want to achieve asap! I'm going bonkers without!

Mixing and gathering my tunes.
Hard House/Tekno - very tight bass and crisp hi hats.
https://music.apple.com/gb/album/i-beli ... /531577499 (https://music.apple.com/gb/album/i-believe-remixes-single/531577499)
Hip Hop
Tribe Called Quest, Dabbla, Dirty Dike, DR Syntax, Red one, Split Prophets
Jungle
Congo Natty, Life 4 Land Jahba, Ragga Twins
Tribe core /Pumping HardTek Very side chained punchy kicks.
Floxytek, Bills, Zone 33, Ben 9mm, Vandal tek mixes.
Speed freak mix :-) Amazing! Halloween 2005
- Creating mix downs and remixes -
I'm working on some boom back hiphop style into 4/4 Tekno.

I need Sound Card USB 2 audio. (Old school alesis or similar) not needing the d.I. just for DAC/AC
I intend on playing via USB 2 and sometimes my android ;-(

I've got to burn CDs and work on the Waves
If I used fx prev” I remember Sony Waves, isotope etc

Which speakers
!
- Speaker decisions (please no KRK, YAMAHA, KALI, JVC 300? )
Mixer - Analog/Active quite happy with 3 Chanel scratch numark.
Sub I can not do due to room size.

-I am bidding on 3 lots of hr824 - even though will need help on setting the sound space.
Soundcard USB 2 for DAC/AC - not recording in needing DI. I've seen ALESIS

PRODUCTION - I will use poor mans vocal set ups Naumenan Mikes, Alalog synth Microkorg and hope next year to be on a delta 44 again!

Please Help ;-)

It seems you need help to get your writing better. It also seems that you know enough to get your set sorted yourself… But who knows I understood only 10% of what you wanted to ask… Next time keep it short…
From what I got:
CDs are from the last millennium, for what you want to do you don’t need them, definitely. If you still insist, get a cheap burner for 20 or so…
For audio interface, get a decent DJ deck with built in interface and sell the CDJs… The rest is good speakers why not the Mackies…

Yes.

But really, maybe you edit out your life history and ask 2-3 questions people can help? It's actually hard to understand :D. Also why do you want to use cds instead of soundfiles on your hdd. ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU ARE BURNING THE CDS anyway :D? Isn't both the exact same thing just one takes one step less?

Suzsorted wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:06 pm
.... I will use poor mans vocal set ups Naumenan Mikes, Alalog synth Microkorg and hope next year to be on a delta 44 again!

Please Help ;-)
All of the hardware you mention is fine (though there are certainly better current alternatives for the price) EXCEPT the Delta 44 audio interface...

It's yesterday's hardware, and won't run on a modern PC. Do an online search for audio interfaces and you'll find a decent one in you price range. Youtube has tons of vids that can help.

Nobody tell him CDs are digital.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”