2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, just one take on the microcosm, but definitely watch the videos. Hopefully, there's more up than when I got mine. At the time I got mine, it was all ambient performances and I'm sorry for who I offend here, but I don't think those types are the best for demonstrating what a gadget actually does.

The reverb is insanely lush! It's not an everyday reverb for me, but it's seriously one of the best I've heard like that.

I went for it.

Because 124HP of oscillators wasn't enough I guess :D

foosnark wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:51 pm I went for it.

ooo nice!

Lovely !!

Just arrived from Anderton's 15 minutes ago, I thought I'd try out the Model - D

If I like the sound I may get a couple more for poly chaining duties

foosnark wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:51 pm I went for it.

nice! not my thing, but the demo vids are very nice indeed!
sure you'll have lots of fun 8)

im buying all the things!!!

well, 3 of em,
cvlization the second.
erica black stereo mixer with the pfl expander.
and also qu bit nebulae (and a card that won't stick out so much)

yays!!!! :party:

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:06 pm im buying all the things!!!

well, 3 of em,
cvlization the second.
erica black stereo mixer with the pfl expander.
and also qu bit nebulae (and a card that won't stick out so much)

yays!!!! :party:
Cool beans... I had to look up the PFL expander, not sure I really get the use case, but expanders are
cool and handy, so you might as well buy them, I always say 8)

checking the sound before you turn it up in the mix 8)
useful for live stuff.

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:22 pm checking the sound before you turn it up in the mix 8)
useful for live stuff.
Ahh, the old in front of other people thing, yeah I've never done that with anything electrical.
Good to know.

Some sexy utilities!

pekbro wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:30 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:22 pm checking the sound before you turn it up in the mix 8)
useful for live stuff.
Ahh, the old in front of other people thing, yeah I've never done that with anything electrical.
Good to know.
or even just how we record, but take morphagene or now nebulae, both can contain quite a few samples, but who can remember them all? send them to a channel here, and you know which sample you have before you turn it up.

i did a lot of live sound when i was able too and some studio work, using mixers is a sort of second nature thing :hihi:

and, they were out of stock of the mixer without anyway :lol:

elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:38 pm Some sexy utilities!
notice i also drop in a noisy fun bit too!
utilities are not sexy :lol: well ok they are, but i still don't like getting a whole parcel, that doesn't add "noisy stuff" :shrug: :lol:

Does anyone have input on DPO vs Instruo Cs-L vs something different?

I've been watching videos and the big question I have is if either of these two is overkill, or does building around one of them make sense.

(I'm not buying soon, but just researching still).

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:41 pm
pekbro wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:30 pm
useful for live stuff.
Good to know.
or even just how we record, but take morphagene or now nebulae, both can contain quite a few samples, but who can remember them all? send them to a channel here, and you know which sample you have before you turn it up.

i did a lot of live sound when i was able too and some studio work, using mixers is a sort of second nature thing :hihi:

and, they were out of stock of the mixer without anyway :lol:
Not to mention a quick on/off switch should anything get too loud, which is great for resonant filters. I'll be honest, I'd have to get used to that as a workflow (monitoring pre-mixer) but I love the on/off switches.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”