NI go VST 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So just sparked up Native access and all my FX plug ins are being updated - including VST 3 = although 32 bit vst are gone
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

only Supercharger GT for me so far. Super8 was done some time ago
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Just noticed there are others that I haven't installed due to Big Sur. Happy Days
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Ah... so their sweeping blow seems to begin. Thanks for the heads up.

not all FX plugins, in my case, like Raum, but all compressors, RC24/48 etc. the oldies, so to say...

Well done NI. That's a pretty massive task to migrate them all!

What software do you own guys? I have komplete 12 and some additional stuff but no updates appeared on my ni access. Do get k13 users the updates first or is it region specific? (Germany in my case)

Nonetheless, great news and thanks for the information!

Cheers
Marcel :)

I have Komplete 12, and got updates for Driver, RC 24, RC 48, Solid Bus Comp, Solid Dynamics, and Supercharger. Those are all VST3 now.

Of course Native Access messed up 4 of the 7 updates again, forcing me to reinstall, and now it shows me the same updates again and again for the stuff I had to reinstall... I really think NI has to fix Native Access at some point. It's getting a big pain in the ass.

Edit: Note that you will only get updates if you have one of the plugins which went VST3 now installed, of course. :)

chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:50 pm I have Komplete 12, and got updates for Driver, RC 24, RC 48, Solid Bus Comp, Solid Dynamics, and Supercharger. Those are all VST3 now.

Of course Native Access messed up 4 of the 7 updates again, forcing me to reinstall, and now it shows me the same updates again and again for the stuff I had to reinstall... I really think NI has to fix Native Access at some point. It's getting a big pain in the ass.
Hey, thanks for your answer! Mmmhhh…. I must think that there is no specific pattern in terms of update distribution, then. No prob for me, was just curious I can wait patiently. :phones:

I know the ni access shenanigans you mentioned, had that as well and but it was fixed with some update some time later. :ud:

Cheers
Marcel

chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:50 pm I have Komplete 12, and got updates for Driver, RC 24, RC 48, Solid Bus Comp, Solid Dynamics, and Supercharger. Those are all VST3 now.

Edit: Note that you will only get updates if you have one of the plugins which went VST3 now installed, of course. :)
RC 24, RC 48 aren't part of Komplete (standard), you need ultimate for it AFAIK.

Replika XT? Crush Pack? I don't see those updates yet. :neutral:

hlecram wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:55 pm

Hey, thanks for your answer! Mmmhhh…. I must think that there is no specific pattern in terms of update distribution, then. No prob for me, was just curious I can wait patiently. :phones:

I know the ni access shenanigans you mentioned, had that as well and but it was fixed with some update some time later. :ud:

Cheers
Marcel
Just fixed it as well, by deleting any left overs again...

I'm pretty convinced now that it is because of the AAX versions of the plugins being left over on the system. After I uninstalled Driver, RC 24, RC 48, and Supercharger, there were installation folders and AAX plugins left in c:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins for those plugins. Next time I have that cursed issue again, I will just try to remove those folders after I uninstalled the plugins, and then try to re-install them again, and see if the "updates keep showing up again and again" issue is gone.
nirm123 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:03 pm RC 24, RC 48 aren't part of Komplete (standard), you need ultimate for it AFAIK.
Right, sorry. I forgot that I purchased those as single items.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:04 pm Replika XT? Crush Pack? I don't see those updates yet. :neutral:
Nothing here for those either.

chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:50 pm... I really think NI has to fix Native Access at some point. It's getting a big pain in the ass.
they never fixed the Service Center, they renamed it. Same shit, diff moniker.

Well no, NA has a completely different back end to SC. It ain't just a rename :)

Return to “Effects”