2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:44 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:34 pm
toonertik wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:18 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:15 pm
toonertik wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:14 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:55 pm
available for preorder on signal sounds now :)
Wrong... :P

Both Signal and Elevator have them in stock now... waiting on Juno.. :shrug:
ah, it was preorder this morning :lol:
:lol: :lol: I guess you're not really interested in the mindphaser then...

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
id love one, but the bits i spent today took my budget :lol:
possibly a future purchase for sure, makes some crazy assed noises.
but my purchases today, line up with my current needs/desires a little more.
can only afford so much sadly :hihi:
I think the tasty bitties you've got coming should do just fine! :hihi:

And thinking of your mixer expansion... while I never intended to get the µZeus, I have to say that I love flipping switches. :D
yup for sure, the mixer has been a long time coming, and figured the pre july shitstorm would be better than waiting.
id be pissed off if i had to pay a hundred quid more for a mixer i need :lol:
same with the cvlization, its not that its not worth the extra even, its the fact where that would go to, as it would be a held at customs till you give us x amount! :x f**k that!
and nebulae, rabbyt and knobs convinced me my life would improve at least 15-20 % when scanning through gigs of samples. giggidy! :party:

funnily enough, i watched a mylar melodies vid the other night about switched mults.
they look fun :tu:

I was initially excited about the Mindphaser, too much hype has turned me off a bit. Hexinverter's rep is not stellar as I've heard as well. Though I do like their Mutant Brain. Anyway, Complex Oscillators are not super exciting to me for some reason. I can make them from all the osc's that I have that are very nearly a CO, so I can take my time to pick and choose and decide if I even want one. For now, I would probably get another Deckard's Voice over any of them, but that's me.

*Most of the stuff I've heard was about customer service, not quality or anything.

Makes sense... from what I'm looking at, the appeal is that things are normaled for quick intermodule modulation. I haven't seen anything that (I don't think) couldn't be created with separate modules but it would potentially cost more and take up more space. Again, keep in mind this is just what I'm seeing but I obviously am the n00b here.

But this is the reason that I started looking at these modules in the first place. I was going to pick up STO, but I kept comparing it to DPO and would come back with DPO being the better value to start out with (so long as I have space).

The thing that bugged me the most about the Mindphaser, is that much of the excitement seems to be more about the way it looks than anything else. I'm sure it's fine though, I personally was wondering wtf? about some of the things they were touting in the demo vids. Why would anyone want to do that and that sounds like crap kind of a thing. Personally, I would probably be more interested in the well known build / sound quality of others, verbos, endorphin.es, fraptools, MN etc over it, for that kind of scratch. :shrug:

@toonertik, I know you are not going to fall for the noob traps, if you're interested in it, it has to
be worth serious consideration for sure :)

I can't even say you're wrong :hihi:

It's on my list because of the way it looks!

Actually, feature-wise it tics off some of the boxes, but I haven't seen any of the videos. This is all just a giant rabbit hole.

elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:24 pm I can't even say you're wrong :hihi:

It's on my list because of the way it looks!

Actually, feature-wise it tics off some of the boxes, but I haven't seen any of the videos. This is all just a giant rabbit hole.
Definitely a rabbit hole, just be smart and don't fall for the hype. I have a pretty much perfect record
for knowing what I will prefer. Though definitely the gadget freak thing in me has much influence there, so risk is minimal.

Heh, I had the Rabid Elephant Natural Gate in my cart and deleted it. :lol:
I can buy it, but I hardly ever use a LPG. I can wait for the next run without
much difficulty I think.

i knew nothing of the hype :lol:
seen a video way back when toon first mentioned it
then it popped up in an advert the other day, and yes, i admit id forgot about it, and did think "wow, that looks cool" so im guilty of that too :hihi:

then noticed it for pre-order/possible sale? when i was grabbing my bits earlier ;)

It's in stock at Shneidersladen, the thing is the waiting list for it has typically been about 18 months.
Though they are supposedly going to become easier to get. If you want the best LPG, the consensus
is, that is the one to get. Even at $500 bucks.

*Just ask foosnark, he will tell you, and rightly so I expect.

i meant for the mindphaser :)
not looked at lpgs to be honest
use them on the bug so im kind of covered for that kind of thing
have 4 of em :lol:

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:36 pm i meant for the mindphaser :)
not looked at lpgs to be honest
use them on the bug so im kind of covered for that kind of thing
have 4 of em :lol:
Ahh ok, yeah me too and I have 1 LPG. :lol:

:lol:

pekbro wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:23 pm *Just ask foosnark, he will tell you, and rightly so I expect.
Heh... when I bought NG it was $300. Glad I never had to make the decision about paying more!

It does sound fantastic and feels great, very controllable and tweakable. The thing is though, I don't do plucky and percussive stuff as much anymore. But if I had cashed out and replaced it with a DPLPG or Takaab or something for occasional use, I figure I probably would have found myself missing it.

On Mindphaser, I like the Front Line Assembly reference and the marketing graphics ;) but the few demos I've listened to didn't really make me think it was more special than other options. I would give it more consideration if I was shopping around for a complex oscillator, but not replacing another one with it, if that makes sense.

I just watched a couple mindphaser videos. I’m actually impressed. Not so much by the ramp wave modulation… that just seemed weird at every introduction.

I see it just made it’s way into Perfect Circuit too but I need to watch videos for the rest.

Just buy it! :lol:

If it makes you happy, that's all that matters. How can you even go wrong with something named "Mindphaser", cmon... :borg:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”