Soundtoys upgrade

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRist
275 posts since 21 Feb, 2012

Post Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 am

Greetings,
Does Soundtoys afford a seasonal deal offer
when upgrading from rack to full bundle?
I didn’t see an offer particularly for this rather they make discounts on cross grade offers only.

In fact upgrading to the full is too expensive.

KVRAF
21098 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:08 am

Normally they do these kind of offers, yes... Soundtoys are one of - if not THE - most generous company when it comes to upgrades. The complete opposite of Softube in that regard.

KVRAF
5123 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:25 am

They have not offered upgrades for roughly one year afaik. Even during Black Friday time they told their customers (among them me too) that it's currently not possible and we should stay tuned. Well, that's a long tune now...
TL;DR : I'm sceptical about their development (a pity!)

User avatar
KVRAF
2758 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 pm

I love their plugins but their upgrade to full ST5 is a bit of a joke. Its set at $99.99 regardless of how many of their plugins you already own. I am a few away from owning the full bundle, but i'd still need to pay $99.99 just to get the rack.

They need to change that policy. The more you own the less the upgrade price is, especially now they do 29.99 sales.
Forward ever, Backward never

KVRAF
21098 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:50 am

hm... this seems to have changed then - back in the day the upgrade price to the full bundle always depended on what you already own and they even counted in plugins they gave you for free or heavily discounted.But then again for me it still was a lot more than 99$, so then again that might always have been the minimum - I wouldn't know...

I mentioned Softube because they NEVER honor what you already own as a path to the bundle, only the most expensive plugin that you have, regardless of how many others you also own, which is seriously shitty in my book.

Edit: I just checked - my upgrade was 135$

User avatar
KVRAF
1788 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Post Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:19 am

My upgrade price (from FX Rack + some Little plugins) to the full bundle is $229.

KVRAF
21098 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:25 am

Strange - then it seems it has been getting more expensive in the meantime (okay, when I got it there was no Little Plate, no Echoboy Junior and no Sie-Q, but still.... )

User avatar
KVRAF
3797 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:44 am

LeVzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 pm
I love their plugins but their upgrade to full ST5 is a bit of a joke. Its set at $99.99 regardless of how many of their plugins you already own.
Luckily, I was able to grab the upgrade for $50 (with about 6 plugins in my account) during a Black Friday sale when upgrades were 50% off. (That said, eventually, I have spent about $275 on Soundtoys bundle, which is close to best bundle sale price if purchased outright.)

User avatar
KVRAF
2758 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:44 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:44 am
LeVzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 pm
I love their plugins but their upgrade to full ST5 is a bit of a joke. Its set at $99.99 regardless of how many of their plugins you already own.
Luckily, I was able to grab the upgrade for $50 (with about 6 plugins in my account) during a Black Friday sale when upgrades were 50% off. (That said, eventually, I have spent about $275 on Soundtoys bundle, which is close to best bundle sale price if purchased outright.)
Any sale they do, this upgrade price doesnt drop, and i've asked them and it wont drop. Shame really. I own 80% of their plugins too.
Forward ever, Backward never

User avatar
KVRAF
3797 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:46 am

LeVzi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:44 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:44 am
LeVzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 pm
I love their plugins but their upgrade to full ST5 is a bit of a joke. Its set at $99.99 regardless of how many of their plugins you already own.
Luckily, I was able to grab the upgrade for $50 (with about 6 plugins in my account) during a Black Friday sale when upgrades were 50% off. (That said, eventually, I have spent about $275 on Soundtoys bundle, which is close to best bundle sale price if purchased outright.)
Any sale they do, this upgrade price doesnt drop, and i've asked them and it wont drop. Shame really. I own 80% of their plugins too.
Damn, that's not good. :( I was just lucky and glad I took the plunge then. I wonder why they can't do that, especially considering the fact that the bundle itself goes for 50% off on Black Friday.

KVRist

Topic Starter

275 posts since 21 Feb, 2012

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:10 pm

LeVzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 pm
I love their plugins but their upgrade to full ST5 is a bit of a joke. Its set at $99.99 regardless of how many of their plugins you already own. I am a few away from owning the full bundle, but i'd still need to pay $99.99 just to get the rack.

They need to change that policy. The more you own the less the upgrade price is, especially now they do 29.99 sales.
I don’t recommend Buying the rack bundle since the individual plugins can be used within the rack only not as standalone.
However Upgrading to the full bundle is way expensive.
More than 200 $ & the only plugins left to complete the full bundle is the little versions only & I think the upgrade doesn’t have to be this expensive.

Some little plugins like little plate &
little alter boy both don’t have the bigger version yet, it had been a while since.

User avatar
KVRAF
2758 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:26 pm

horizon7 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:10 pm
LeVzi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 pm
I love their plugins but their upgrade to full ST5 is a bit of a joke. Its set at $99.99 regardless of how many of their plugins you already own. I am a few away from owning the full bundle, but i'd still need to pay $99.99 just to get the rack.

They need to change that policy. The more you own the less the upgrade price is, especially now they do 29.99 sales.
I don’t recommend Buying the rack bundle since the individual plugins can be used within the rack only not as standalone.
However Upgrading to the full bundle is way expensive.
More than 200 $ & the only plugins left to complete the full bundle is the little versions only & I think the upgrade doesn’t have to be this expensive.

Some little plugins like little plate &
little alter boy both don’t have the bigger version yet, it had been a while since.
Thats how I feel, id just be adding a few plugins for $99, not worth it. Especially as I own the more popular ones they do, like decapitator and echoboy etc.
Forward ever, Backward never

Return to “Effects”