Cubase 10.5 and Nektar Panorama issues

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
KVRian
860 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Post Thu May 14, 2020 3:12 am

Hey guys, I recently upgraded to Cubase Pro 10.5 and experiencing a lot of issues trying to use it with my Nektar Panorama P1.

Cubase is crashing regularly, mostly in relation to using the insert section on the Panorama. This seems to be triggered most of the time while using the view button in the insert section. It was happening most often with Waves plugins, which were an outdated version (9.2.3) so I just ended up removing them and don't want to deal with the hassle of Waves Central for now. It happens much less with other plugins but still does crash occasionally, both with cubase internal plugins and those from other vendors.

The mapping is itself a bit outdated (last updated in 2015) and not really written for the latest version of Cubase so I suppose it's in need of an update and has something to do with it. And IIRC it was more stable with older versions and I briefly tested with Cubase 9.5 yesterday without any crashes, but to be honest I never used that combination much as I was mostly using the Panorama with Bitwig at the time. I suppose its an easy enough workaround and a minor inconvenience to just not use the view button, but was wondering if anyone else uses this combination and has experienced something similar or found a solution.

EDIT: should also mention, this is on a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro 15" with Mojave 10.14.6

KVRer
1 posts since 11 Dec, 2020

Post Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:29 am

Hi,
Recently bought the P1 and as i'm getting deep into it, i'm experiencing the same issue, most with the edit button, in the insert section.
It's a strange 'Serious Error' message in cubase, in the sense that it lets me keep working on the project and in the nektar, and reopen the project flawlessly.
Usually this kind of error (apart from P1 issue) got me burn the project and never let me open it again..
I'm working on a 2013 pc, win 7 64 and cubase 7.5.
Want to ask you if maybe you've found any workaround to this issue..
Those edit and view button would be a pleasure to use, if they worked fine..
Thank you

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:18 am

Hey I got in touch with Nektar support about this. They confirmed they are aware of the problem, and it mostly happens when you are in the insert page on the panorama and switch to another track. The workaround is to switch back to the mixer view to switch tracks before returning to the insert page.

KVRist
446 posts since 15 Aug, 2011 from teesside

Post Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:46 pm

I was hoping for a P series update for Cubase but I'm but sure we'll see one.
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 10, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped).

KVRer
2 posts since 25 May, 2021

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:32 pm

i have a P-6 and its having very similar issues with freezing up to not displaying the correct channel or instrument info to being in the middle of a mix and the main data encoder all of a sudden acting as a scrub wheel and moving the position in the song .. Super frustrating and this happens in both cubase 11 pro and FL 20. I was literally seconds from launching it out my window. Its hardware/ software issues on the controller thats the problem not the DAW .How come there has been no firmware update since 2015 ? Seriously ? which leads me to believe this is a short lived semi successful product that is going to not supported in the not so distant future.I cant seriously use the word "Workflow" or "Deep Integration" in the same sentence this controller .
You know why i miss a room full of hardware so much ? Because it worked .

KVRAF
1622 posts since 28 Mar, 2007

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:23 pm

The makers, nektar, are a small firm, and I guess they might not have the financial resources to keep updating their older hardware.

Maybe the answer could be to outsource the work of updating to a developer who would charge a small fee to the owners of this hardware for updated software ? (I have a P6). As an owner myself I an not entirely happy with this idea, but the alternative is for the hardware to slowly become redundant.

KVRist
480 posts since 3 Jul, 2016

Post Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:08 am

dellboy wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:23 pm
The makers, nektar, are a small firm, and I guess they might not have the financial resources to keep updating their older hardware.

Maybe the answer could be to outsource the work of updating to a developer who would charge a small fee to the owners of this hardware for updated software ? (I have a P6). As an owner myself I an not entirely happy with this idea, but the alternative is for the hardware to slowly become redundant.
I also had variety of issues with the C10.5 & P6 so I gave up & sold it (didnt like the keyboard feel too),
And yes - shame they dont update the software & surprisingly still sell the hardware... :evil:

KVRian
562 posts since 20 Nov, 2000 from Valencia, Spain

Post Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:46 am

This has happened with Cubase since forever. Great possibilities but horribly unstable. I sold my P6 because of that. Purchased a CC121 to cover the controller duties and never looked back.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:50 am

Same here, sold my P1 and bought a CC121. Use it in combination with a KK M32. The panorama integration for Bitwig has been updated more regularly and apparently works better, but already covered there. Supposedly also works fine with Logic.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”