2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:39 am Just buy it! :lol:

If it makes you happy, that's all that matters. How can you even go wrong with something named "Mindphaser", cmon... :borg:
Any other time this would be in my cart, but I can’t get a better gift for myself than the missus (before her birthday in 1.5 weeks). I think it’s a good thing to wait and research more.

There’s some quirks but man this one looks like fun. It doesn’t have a dedicated sub output like DPO or Cs-L, but its still easily accessible. Definitely some trade offs here and there but that’s true with anything (except when you can get one of each).

I just hope it doesn’t end up being one of those modules that sells out and doesn’t get restocked for a year.

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:54 am
pekbro wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:39 am Just buy it! :lol:

If it makes you happy, that's all that matters. How can you even go wrong with something named "Mindphaser", cmon... :borg:
Any other time this would be in my cart, but I can’t get a better gift for myself than the missus (before her birthday in 1.5 weeks). I think it’s a good thing to wait and research more.

There’s some quirks but man this one looks like fun. It doesn’t have a dedicated sub output like DPO or Cs-L, but its still easily accessible. Definitely some trade offs here and there but that’s true with anything (except when you can get one of each).

I just hope it doesn’t end up being one of those modules that sells out and doesn’t get restocked for a year.
Ok yeah, I get the missus thing, forgot about that. :dog:

About availability, yeah I dunno. It's taken them quite a while to get it to market, I think
I first posted about it here, well over a year ago. That is one thing Hexinverter is well known for,
taking a long time to restock stuff. When I saw that the Mutant Brain was back in stock, I bought
it immediately because it was absent for a year or more. Plenty have been waiting for the
Mindphaser for some time, it's likely to sell out fast I'd wager.

2nd Nebulae arrived. Also got another LC9 case on order.
After dismantling just about everything for those power supply swaps, Ive spent ages on ModularGrid trying to work out how to put things back together in such a way I could minimise 'benching' stuff when I got around to putting in stuff that I have in my backlog of unbuilt kits. In the end I gave up and just bought another 3-row case. And I'll probably be uninstalling a fair bit of what's left, as Im moving stuff around more than I originally intended

Vurt; after all that, the Nebulae now seems to come with a non-protruding short 1Gb USB stick. S'white tho, so Im still swapping for the same kind of Sandisk as before, which is less visibly intrusive on the faceplate.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Some new toys arrived :hyper:

New audio interface: UMC1820

New synth: Prophet Rev2:

wtf dude? little v! you of all people :cry:

mine will be here within the hour :wheee:
i grabbed the qubit one from signal, cost a bit more but it would all arrive together, and it looks cool :hihi:

a second eh? must be good! even more glad i mentioned id seen it! your appraisal and info did tip the balance :D

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:27 am Some new toys arrived :hyper:

New audio interface: UMC1820

New synth: Prophet Rev2:
ooh fun!
feels like xmas :party:

:lol:
the new card appears to be the same as the one i ordered seperate! oh well, spare, or diff firmware? no biggie! better than not having one!

Screenshot_2021-06-18-10-49-47-518~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:31 am wtf dude? little v! you of all people :cry:
oopsie. i barely uppercase as it is. start of sentence fail.
mine will be here within the hour :wheee:
i grabbed the qubit one from signal, cost a bit more but it would all arrive together, and it looks cool :hihi:
The nebulae came from Juno who are always fast as hell. Dont know why but its always the same little old lady postie when its them, too.
a second eh? must be good! even more glad i mentioned id seen it! your appraisal and info did tip the balance :D
Well, I kinda re-sold myself on it as a mechanism for running pd and csound patches so, yeah. One to run the granular patch, one for trying other instruments and stuff. Probably the last built module for a while, going to make a concerted effort to clear the backlog of kits this year.

aye, you can probably fill the new case from unbuilt diy can't you?
i know there's a few but the only one i remember is the magnetophone, because that was cool! 8)

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:54 am :lol:
the new card appears to be the same as the one i ordered seperate! oh well, spare, or diff firmware? no biggie! better than not having one!
oopsie. you could always send it back, you're legally entitled to.

I never leave the factory memory card in anything, though, I always swap it for a copy. ive got a silly amount of micro sd cards spare 'just in case'.
aye, you can probably fill the new case from unbuilt diy can't you?
pretty much.

i built the magnetophone, but ive not installed it yet, because of the whole PSU swap thing.

i think these will be my last for a while :cry:
that time of year when all the loved ones birthdays start rolling in, then halloween and xmas costs :o

not to mention the possible collapse of the state and economy :lol:

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:06 am
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:54 am :lol:
oopsie. you could always send it back, you're legally entitled to.
can't be arsed :lol:
the whole queueing at the post office, which is also the spar, lined up next to the cheap beer, waiting for the great unwashed and maskless to breathe on me :o
I never leave the factory memory card in anything, though, I always swap it for a copy. ive got a silly amount of micro sd cards spare 'just in case'.

and as you say, better to have the spare, just in case!

it's the tg ones im terrified of losing :lol:
tiny little buggers they are!

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:12 am it's the tg ones im terrified of losing :lol:
Yeah, those are the kind of sd cards Im talking about. I copied all of them as well.
What's kind of annoyng is that while sd cards in general get cheaper, its harder to find the small ones, ie anything less than 16Gb, at decent brands/prices, and some of these things dont like cards bigger than 4Gb. That's why Ive got tons spare.

The worst one for use is the one in the microgranny. I dont think Ive ever -not- f**ked up putting it back in, ie missing the slot and winding up with it inside the case instead.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:18 am
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:12 am it's the tg ones im terrified of losing :lol:
Yeah, those are the kind of sd cards Im talking about. I copied all of them as well.
What's kind of annoyng is that while sd cards in general get cheaper, its harder to find the small ones, ie anything less than 16Gb, at decent brands/prices, and some of these things dont like cards bigger than 4Gb. That's why Ive got tons spare.
i have a few, but could do with a few more, especially if they going to stop being available.

i have the tg samples on about 10 different thumb drives and hard drives! just in case i lose them :lol:
at least eg morphagene, i can redownload any firmware needed.

i don't have granny just grandpa, which is less of an issue that way, but my fingers are a little too big and a lot clumsy sometimes for those tiny buttons, trying to remount the card or use the shift and another button :dog:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”