2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:25 am i have a few, but could do with a few more, especially if they going to stop being available.
I had a look on Amazon, and its a bit weird. Ive always stuck to well-known name brands, like Kingston, and I see 4Gb micro sdcards by them going for £10-£15! That's compared to eg a 32Gb Kingston for £5!

Meanwhile, though, there are actually quite a lot of non-name brands Ive never heard of before selling 4Gb micro sdcards for £4-5 each. Like who the f**k are Cloudisk?
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

yeah i only know of kingston and sandisk.

If you dig down it’s a bit like how Samsung knock out most of the screens used in the world irrespective of the brand name on the TV or monitor, there’s only a few companies making the parts, but a shitload of brands.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

yeah there's probably a couple of factories in japan and china knocking the lot up. then purchased by companies blank to be rebranded.

tracking for cvlization :party: due monday!!

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:17 pm tracking for cvlization :party: due monday!!
nice. :tu:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:17 pm tracking for cvlization :party: due monday!!
But is it coming with a black faceplate?

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:43 pm
But is it coming with a black faceplate?
:lol:

Screenshot_2021-06-18-19-57-43-167~2.jpg
Screenshot_2021-06-18-19-57-26-094~3.jpg
it's a bit like that,

although the rows are in a completely different order :shrug:
and there's only one cvlization, till monday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tell me more about how you ended up with four Doepfer crossfade/insert modules! Are they permanently hooked up to other stuff?

imrae wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:17 pm Tell me more about how you ended up with four Doepfer crossfade/insert modules!
have a good few pedals, which id collected pre modular, so picked up two, realised they were quite useful and both send/return for pedals, as well as feeding audio in from anything, while still being able to use the outputs as mono outs.
so grabbed another couple.

Are they permanently hooked up to other stuff?
two of them have constantly had pedals in the loop, but changing around depending on mood.
the other two, one for guitar in, one for phone/handheld recorder in, and two extra mono outs.

now ive picked up the mixer, im hoping to get them all back as loops for pedals, or for using as inputs to get audio to morphagene and such :)

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:49 pm
nice. :tu:
ok nebulae, you need to explain why you didnt bring this to my attention sooner!
sat here, for a couple of hours now, scanning through the onboard sounds, with various cv nonsense and such, through mimeophone :o

i know you said its more like clouds, but i think i was right too!
its like the best bits of both morphagene and clouds, in one box!!!
all the clouds style manipulations, over the multiple samples (slices) in a morphagene reel!!! 8)
i can see why youve grabbed two, if this is just one firmware, i did notice some others on the page, but ill stick with this for now, its bloody lovely :love:

Well reading the Mindphaser thread over at MW, looks like its going to be near impossible to get for sometime anyway. Pre-orders outnumber the number of available units. No more will be built until 2022 or 2023 due to shortages of components from Covid.

E.g. unless you pre-ordered relatively early on, you likely wont be able to get one for some time.

"hexinverter wrote: ↑
2. The production run is over-requested/sold. There are not enough to satisfy demand, with current numbers. If we could, we would have already been building more of them to try and satisfy demand.

3. There likely will not be any more Mindphasers built until late 2022 or early 2023. Since April, there has been a rapidly developing global semiconductor shortage. Mindphaser is seriously affected, and it more than likely means that there will not be a new run of them coming ready until late 2022 or early 2023, unless circumstances change or we manage to figure out how to grow silicon on trees (not likely)."

kinda glad i dint get hyped for one :o

^^ On a positive note, there's plenty of time to decide if you really want one. The tough part will be to remember that when they actually become available again in the future. lol

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”