U-he Hardware - CVilization Eurorack Module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:53 pm Damn! :o

I’ve been watching the videos and I see why you ‘need’ two. :borg:

This thing is great especially for small racks.
yeah, too many patches where i use one function, then think how cool it would be to use a second function on that...
im just hoping i dont get to two, and think, well, you know what would be good here...

as that might mean another rack :o

elxsound wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:48 am Has anyone asked for a black plate version? :oops:
:lol: they have now!

aaaaaand ordered! :party:

Urs wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:36 pm Hey all,

We have released a mini firmware update for CVilization. This fixes a rare issue where CVilization could freeze after running for a few hours, or - in turn - on start up (some people ran into this...). While it doesn't add any new features, we recommend to all owners to update to this version. Naturally, we've made a video to demonstrate the procedure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzksnMgUDUw

Link to the CVilization page: https://u-he.com/products/cvilization

Cheers,

- Urs
held off doing this, because i was so nervous about screwing it up :oops:
took the oppurtunity tonight, as i was moving things around preparing for number 2 to arrive on monday.
no problems whatsoever! :tu:

was so happy when they all went green, then it cycled through the colours :party:

I haven't updated mine lol.

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:36 pm i suppose i should buy my second one before july.
when brexit finally happens and it adds about 70 quid :x :cry:
dammit :x
they got me. 65 quid :x

oh well.

What is it, luck of the draw? I never understood how some things make it though while some others don't.

elxsound wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:26 pm What is it, luck of the draw? I never understood how some things make it though while some others don't.
no, its everything now :lol:
used to just be stuff from outside the eu.
i thought it was july it finally kicked in, but i may have been wrong, i think thats actually, goods wont be charged going the other way, to help small businesses here compete with prices over there.

least i know its on this side of the channel now, some transit going the other way takes a couple of days, due to backlog and new paperwork everyone is getting used to.
there was a guy taking fish over, phoned in to the radio, hed been waiting so long, the vans chiller had packed in and hed lost 1000s of quids worth of fish :(

the big issue i see now, as these costs are added to things coming from over seas, even europe, at the same time, food is also coming in and being charged extra, so the prices will go up there.
meaning we will have less to spend, and everything will cost more.
and then it snowballs and we end up eating each other :hihi:

the last bit, might just be me trying to add some levity.
but id do a bit of cannibalism :shrug:
try anything once eh :)

as you say though, it does sometimes seem like luck of the draw.
ive had things from the states come, two things ordered at the same time.
both flew in to the country on the same plane by the looks of the tracking, the cheaper of the two, got held until the ransom was paid, the other just sauntered through.

received :D

Damn about Brexit. We don't really know how to deal with this. Even sending a free sample unit to someone cost us those 65 quid a few weeks ago. I mean, hello? This concept is seriously broken, I don't think we have such tariffs anywhere else in the world (but then, we have just started doing tangible stuff).

Urs wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:23 am Damn about Brexit. We don't really know how to deal with this. Even sending a free sample unit to someone cost us those 65 quid a few weeks ago. I mean, hello? This concept is seriously broken, I don't think we have such tariffs anywhere else in the world (but then, we have just started doing tangible stuff).
wow? they got you on a freebie? it's supposed to be a tax on sales?

free stuff (from friends in the usa) ive never paid for, im not sure of the difference in your case? seems off if they're going to start adding it on everything, wonder if they will try adding it on repairs and the like?

i don't know what percentage for you or the modular market in general is uk? but i can see it effecting at least a good portion of purchases here.
it's not just the charges like this, but our cost of living is rising too, and wages aren't, so less free cash for things that now cost more.

im just glad i got where i am now in the rack, few blank plates and a good lot of noise to be done while it all happens and ill just eat beans :?

my first "product" video :hihi:

https://youtu.be/sDykwFrqkYc

No lizards?

And Urs, any chance those CVlization shirts would be available to purchase (US destination)?

They're likely the closest I'll get to a black CVlization.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”