2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:lol:

pekbro wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:44 pm Well reading the Mindphaser thread over at MW, looks like its going to be near impossible to get for sometime anyway. Pre-orders outnumber the number of available units. No more will be built until 2022 or 2023 due to shortages of components from Covid.
I guess both Signal Sounds and Elevator were lucky with their pre-orders, I spoke to Juno who have no ETA .. With difficulty, as I like both SS and Elevator.. I bought with Signal, thinking when this pandemic is cooler, I'll go and see Elevator again for toys ;)

Should arrive Tues.. Monday if very lucky.

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:17 pm tracking for cvlization :party: due monday!!
and the Nebulae
:party: :tu:

BTW.. the rig has somehow grown... they do that, don't they :dog:
Last edited by toonertik on Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nebulae and mixer arrived today :D

so you definitely got in on the mindphaser? awesome 8)
youve been waiting so long would have been shit if you hadnt got one :)

@toonertik

Nice, I guess they didn't get many pre-orders there. :tu:

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:56 pm so you definitely got in on the mindphaser? awesome 8)
youve been waiting so long would have been shit if you hadnt got one :)
Looks like I did. But.. It ain't in my grubby chubby mits yet.

Yeah.. first found the mindphaser late 2018.. when I was using VCV and planning my Euro system/journey...

Really no biggie if I missed out... I mean, I've nearly bought 2nd hand AFGs a couple of times.. and the Trident and.. oh a few others... there's plenty of candy out there ;)

pekbro wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:00 pm @toonertik

Nice, I guess they didn't get many pre-orders there. :tu:
Maybe.. thing is .. we don't know how many SS or Elevator ordered...

maybe they sold n-1 Pre-orders and I got the last one... :shrug:

:lol: :lol:

pekbro wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:15 pm ^^ On a positive note, there's plenty of time to decide if you really want one. The tough part will be to remember that when they actually become available again in the future. lol
Reading your previous note I decided to order it. :oops:

At least this way I can try it out and have little to lose if I decide to sell for some of the others.

Might have to keep it in the box for a bit though (because it’s not my birthday). :hihi:

Anyone have one of those Bloopers from Chase Bliss Audio? I'm thinking of getting one.

I sold mine last month! Are you looking to buy one or just feedback on using it?

^^ Feedback, their stuff looks cool to me. thx.

It’s a dope pedal for sure! I only sold mine because of time constraints (I unfortunately can’t use everything I have) and saw that Morphagene was going to work in the limited way that I liked to use it. If I had more time, I’d keep it and still use it.

To use all the features it either has to be a table top pedal, or controlled via midi. If it’s table top, you can use a simple remote switch for starting/stopping loops or a midi pedal for deeper control.

You can swap out effects loaded into A/B banks (6 loaded at a time and A/B switchable via the rear dipswitch) from the online UI (chrome browser only and more accessible on Mac than PC for some reason).

It’s an instant lo-fi creative device that can be controlled via CV in addition to midi and sync to CV for in sync looping. Of the three modes, it’s good to know it was designed for Additive mode where it records your ‘Bloops’ instead of just acting as an effect.

Nice demonstrative video here:
https://youtu.be/_Ri-gq56cCQ

Of their pedals that I own, I’m definitely keeping Vinyl Hi-Fi and MOOD. I have the Factory Bliss but I would consider selling it and getting a simple fuzz pedal to replace (because I’m not using all its features).

elxsound wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:35 pm It’s a dope pedal for sure! I only sold mine because of time constraints (I unfortunately can’t use everything I have) and saw that Morphagene was going to work in the limited way that I liked to use it. If I had more time, I’d keep it and still use it.

To use all the features it either has to be a table top pedal, or controlled via midi. If it’s table top, you can use a simple remote switch for starting/stopping loops or a midi pedal for deeper control.

You can swap out effects loaded into A/B banks (6 loaded at a time and A/B switchable via the rear dipswitch) from the online UI (chrome browser only and more accessible on Mac than PC for some reason).

It’s an instant lo-fi creative device that can be controlled via CV in addition to midi and sync to CV for in sync looping. Of the three modes, it’s good to know it was designed for Additive mode where it records your ‘Bloops’ instead of just acting as an effect.

Nice demonstrative video here:
https://youtu.be/_Ri-gq56cCQ
Excellent, thanks. Its expensive, so i thought to ask, being new to the pedal thing.

Regarding the Factory, they have that in eurorack and I've never quite talked myself into it. The zoia is cool for building your own looper, but parameter-wise the dedicated Blooper looks to be better and more convenient.

I'm still not completely decided, I only bought the cioks dc 8 so I am limited without buying another psu.

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:43 pm ok nebulae, you need to explain why you didnt bring this to my attention sooner!
sat here, for a couple of hours now, scanning through the onboard sounds, with various cv nonsense and such, through mimeophone :o

i know you said its more like clouds, but i think i was right too!
its like the best bits of both morphagene and clouds, in one box!!!
all the clouds style manipulations, over the multiple samples (slices) in a morphagene reel!!! 8)
i can see why youve grabbed two, if this is just one firmware, i did notice some others on the page, but ill stick with this for now, its bloody lovely :love:
For some reason it seems to be under the radar generally. I think maybe if someone doesnt realise how its designed, then its 'just' a kinda clouds/morphagene thing, and because of the popularity of those it gets overlooked. But OTOH for people who find out that its a pi, that's doing csound or PD or whatever, then maybe it sounds too complicated or niche.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”