issues to solve with Logic after datas migration (from i7 on Sierra to M1 macmini on big sur)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks

i need to solves some after migration, mainly related i assume, to the AU plugin scan and authorization

Currently i updated everything i could (latest big sur at 11.4 and logic at 10.6.2 ...still logic is freezing before achieving to launch and dsp-quattro tend to freeze also on a launch of AU effects

Any suggestions ?

just to add that i bought earlier a macbook air and had no issues (except obsoleted AU of course, like Tassman for instance) with the relaunch of applications and plugins from scratch !

Tassman has been obsolete ever since, rather than recompiling it for 64-bit, AAS wrote their own custom 32-bit to 64-bit bridge just for that plugin! :lol:

It sounds like you have a bad AU possibly. Glance over your AUs real quick to verify nothing that hasn't been updated yet has been transferred over and is causing trouble.

If they all appear to be hunky-dory, then dump the old AU cache file, reboot and rescan your AUs.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I had the same issues after data migration from my iMac i7 even though it was running under BS. At the end I have decided to wipe my M1 Mac mini and install everything from scratch including MacOS.
No issues since.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:37 am I had the same issues after data migration from my iMac i7 even though it was running under BS. At the end I have decided to wipe my M1 Mac mini and install everything from scratch including MacOS.
No issues since.
indeed, that what i experience with my macbook air in where everything has been intalled from scratch...but luckily the issue meanwhile has been solved on important aspects (...no all though, but i'm confident)

:)

thanks to the kvr community for your help !

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”