Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

FotoxBr wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:56 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:29 pm Is the re-sizing of modular, like click the corner and drag like the new juce Guis? Or is it like chose a size from a menu? I noticed the little drag corners on mdoel 72 and 84, but not modular. Also wondering if they are touch screen friendly as those with the resizable corner thing usually are.
Corner drag does resize the plugin window, not the modules. (Mac version)
Oh so the modules don't resize at all? That's kind of missing the point a bit then.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:41 pm Oh so the modules don't resize at all? That's kind of missing the point a bit then.
No. The point of resizing (in this case) is to make space for more modules. If the modules just scaled up when you resize the window there would be no way to make space to fit more modules. I suppose they could have a separate option for scaling as well, but the modules are already quite big and easy to read.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:01 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:41 pm Oh so the modules don't resize at all? That's kind of missing the point a bit then.
No. The point of resizing (in this case) is to make space for more modules. If the modules just scaled up when you resize the window there would be no way to make space to fit more modules. I suppose they could have a separate option for scaling as well, but the modules are already quite big and easy to read.
I want to be able to freely and liquidly scale the modules, like in VM or VCV.

yes the modules don't scale, not that problematic. but scaling of other softube plugins... well, it is like the waves 12 plugins...

but, it would be nice. and that it reacts to a touchscreen, in a normal way. but softube has no plans (no touchscreens...).

and again, a but; still like Softube Modular, the sound! what you can create with a small amount of great sounding modules.

although i also work a lot in Voltage Modular (a lot) and Reaktor (no scaling... smaller.. than softube.. but still, works)

i love Modular but ergonomics are garbage

Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:00 pm i love Modular but ergonomics are garbage
Can't argue with that. The sound is great, but the thought of dealing with that clunky UI puts me off of experimenting with it. It's just unpleasant to use.
Stormchild

I think everyone can agree the UI needs some tender love. Its just awful to work in, even scrolling up and down the page is atrocious. Sad.....If they would just listen to users, they could really come out with a great update to overhaul the scaling and speed in which you can choose modules.

Any Bitwig 3.3 users having issues saving patches in Modular?

Alchemedia wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:50 pm Any Bitwig 3.3 users having issues saving patches in Modular?
i use bitwig and loads of vsts dont save their settings automatically, but i find if i save a preset inside the synth it usually works or i can just reload that preset if it doesn't

other daws save the settings of plugins better, but i still prefer using bitwig for softube modular cos it sends the midi notes to the modular fx plugin, i use this for stuff like sending a sample of an analog sinewave into modular and then using it as an fm modulator for the rubicon or something, which can sound really nice. in general analog synth samples into softube modular is the best way to get realistic analog synth sounds itb imo. you can get those sample libraries from uvi or omnisphere, also ik multimedia but they make you re-buy stuff after 180 days so stay away)

j wazza wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:21 pm you can get those sample libraries from uvi or omnisphere, also ik multimedia but they make you re-buy stuff after 180 days so stay away)
?????

Alchemedia wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:04 pm
j wazza wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:21 pm you can get those sample libraries from uvi or omnisphere, also ik multimedia but they make you re-buy stuff after 180 days so stay away)
?????
?

that last bit wasnt really directed at you just a tip for softube modular running samples of synths into it

Not sure what you are talking about, but for a sine wave, why not just use the Doepfer A110 VCO in Modular, as intended? Pretty sure nobody would just buy a UVI library or Omnisphere for sampling a sine wave an then feed it into a modular system, instead of using the VCOs available there. (Would be a pretty expensive sine wave…) Technically, you can do this, but why should it sound better or more analogue than the modeled stuff in Modular itself?!

By the way: last time I checked, IK Multimedia didn‘t force me to re-buy their stuff after 180 days. So again: What‘s your message here?! :?:

Its not worth paying for omnisphere just for simple sine waves, but that was just one example, there's loads of stuff you can do with omnisphere and the uvi libraries, and then feeding that sound into softube modular expands your options massively.

Another example - in omnisphere you can morph between different sampled analog wavetables, modulate that then send it into softube modular and mangle it. you can pan different sounds to the left and right in omnisphere to get 2 different sounds into the audio inputs of softube modular fx and then send one into a filter, send one to modulate the filter for filter fm.

you could do this just with softube oscillators, and it could sound great, but so can sending real analog synths, and sampled/hybrid synths into softube modular.

real analog synths, and samples of them, sound more analog than analog-modelled digital oscillators, and i think they have more depth and detail to them, which to my ears makes them sound better, but it objectively is more analog.

also some of the uvi libraries go quite cheap especially on sale, some are like £30

i think ik multimedia doesnt let you redownload the software after 180 days, you would have to buy it again if you want to use it on a different computer or something, for me im staying away from them because of that

its worth trying the free syntronik by ik multimedia for free analog synth samples to send into softube modular as well, ive got good results this way

tq wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:19 pm By the way: last time I checked, IK Multimedia didn‘t force me to re-buy their stuff after 180 days. So again: What‘s your message here?! :?:
I believe this applies only to sound downloads, not software downloads. After 180 days, you'll have to buy the "Download Reactivation Credit" to download the sounds (e.g., for SampleTank) again.

I'd need to back up my downloads to avoid this, but many other companies would just let you re-download samples you'd already bought for free.
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Return to “Instruments”