Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Demuvi wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:23 amIt's the good old "Adobe Audition 1.5", one version after Cool Edit which is million times better than all the new crap they brought out. :)
(we're way off topic, but as an owner of Audition 1.5 and CS5.5 I think that's a bit of a myth. What's definitely true is that 2.0 and 3.0 were rubbish compared to 1.5, but eventually it got good again. And now, back to your regular Avenger thread).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

msvs wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:06 pm basically yes. we also recreated many of these classic whoos with sines+sineovertone harmonics each with their right pitch curves.
Just want to show appreciation to you for Avenger. This synth is awesome and has been a proper workhorse for me in addition to refx nexus. High quality sounds right off the bat, deep modification capabilities, could not ask for more!
Last edited by DJJD2021 on Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do we know roughly when Avenger 2.0 is out or are we looking more into 2022 territory? Also, any further expansions coming soon?

no date set yet
it can be 22... 23 or even 25
we simply dont know

but its definately not 21

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know

Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Demuvi wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:26 am Out now :)
https://youtu.be/GjI6E6t73qc
This pack seriously man! I can't describe. It just gets better and better. Amazing! Off the scale!!!

Only thing missing in your store is the 90's and Rave combo for those of us who bought the 80's way back then, returning now for the Rave pack.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:50 am Only thing missing in your store is the 90's and Rave combo for those of us who bought the 80's way back then, returning now for the Rave pack.
Yes +1

Only thing missing in your store is the 90's and Rave combo for those of us who bought the 80's way back then, returning now for the Rave pack.
I have added "UPGRADES" now.
If you have acquired one of the Expansions 80, 90 or Rave, you will get 20% OFF for the other ones.
This pack seriously man! I can't describe. It just gets better and better. Amazing! Off the scale!!!
Thank you very much. :)
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

@Demuvi

Even though not 100% authentic in all cases, the 80s, 90s and Rave Classics are the, by far, best 3rd party Avenger expansion on the market today. Both in terms of sound quality and demos. It will also be the first, and probably only, 3rd party expansions I will ever buy for Avenger. If you don't release other expansions as great as these, of course 😊

I have a question though. Are there any musical phrases included as well? Couldn't find this info.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:43 am @Demuvi

Even though not 100% authentic in all cases, the 80s, 90s and Rave Classics are the, by far, best 3rd party Avenger expansion on the market today. Both in terms of sound quality and demos. It will also be the first, and probably only, 3rd party expansions I will ever buy for Avenger.
Thank you. :love: :tu:
I have a question though. Are there any musical phrases included as well? Couldn't find this info.
Musical phrases, if I understand you correctly, melodies from the originals? No. Melodies may not be included because of copyrights. It's just the sounds itselves and the drumloops that I've replicated.
If you don't release other expansions as great as these, of course 😊
I will. I have a few at work already such as:

Popular Sounds 70s (10% finished)
Popular Sounds 80s Vol. 2 (40% finished)
Popular Sounds 90s Vol. 2 (5% finished)
Popular Sounds Rave Classics Vol. 2 (15% finished)
Popular Sounds Early Hardcore Classics (10% finished)
Popular Sounds 2000s Vol. 1 (not started yet)

And some very own preset Expansions for different styles i started but i'll talk later about. :)

Demuvi wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:22 am Thank you. :love: :tu:
Your're welcome :)
Musical phrases, if I understand you correctly, melodies from the originals? No. Melodies may not be included because of copyrights. It's just the sounds itselves and the drumloops that I've replicated.
I'm just asking because there are other expansions, even from VPS, where they have included a short phrases from famous songs. Very short ones, but for demonstration purposes. Thought it would be ok if they are short enough :)
I will. I have a few at work already such as:

Popular Sounds 70s (10% finished)
Popular Sounds 80s Vol. 2 (40% finished)
Popular Sounds 90s Vol. 2 (5% finished)
Popular Sounds Rave Classics Vol. 2 (15% finished)
Popular Sounds Early Hardcore Classics (10% finished)
Popular Sounds 2000s Vol. 1 (not started yet)

And some very own preset Expansions for different styles i started but i'll talk later about. :)
Of course you will, just take my money! :lol:

Edit: ...and of course, you were the one releasing the Hard Explosion expansion for RAPID as well, I might have to buy that one too! :P

Edit 2: ...and thanks for the consistency in the naming of the presets (yes, I bought the bundle, and the RAPID expansion too :)). I'm so tired of sound designers who can't spell, or have presets that sometimes starts with a capital letter, and sometimes not. Not to mention having double spaces between words. I'm very picky about this, so I often have to manually rename a bunch of presets because of this.

Also, don't know if you're on a Mac or not, but if you are on a Mac, I'm really happy you have cleaned those f*ing .DS_Store file from the archives. I get really annoyed when you see this even in official expansions from developers.
Last edited by starflakeprj on Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Hm, well I installed v1.70 now, including the annoying copy protection. Sadly the v1.7 STILL produces heavy CPU spikes. Why don't you fix this? It should be common sense in audio DSP that such spikes are not allowed simply, and should be circumvented using various techniques. No other plugin produces these kind of spikes. Still you are denying the reality, I don't get this. Makes this awesome plugin a really not so useful plugin...

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:49 am Hm, well I installed v1.70 now, including the annoying copy protection. Sadly the v1.7 STILL produces heavy CPU spikes. Why don't you fix this? It should be common sense in audio DSP that such spikes are not allowed simply, and should be circumvented using various techniques. No other plugin produces these kind of spikes. Still you are denying the reality, I don't get this. Makes this awesome plugin a really not so useful plugin...
Are there any specific presets that are showing those CPU spikes? Not that I don't believe you, i've heard others mentioning the same. But I would like to try myself.

I think it's not difficult. Open Bitwig (if you don't have that, install the demo), click on the cpu meter (opens the detail cpu meter). Then play a bit and step thru the factory bank presets. You will see extreme peaks in the detail graph.

You have to test with Bitwig, because e.g. Cubase cpu meter lacks of accuracy here.

Return to “Instruments”