Where Are These Two Player Chess Like Daws ?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
KVRAF
1989 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:50 pm

I don't mean literally playing chess, I mean like interactive game like fun where you and another person interacts in the process of producing a piece of music..

Hummm, there's a gap in the market for that surely...
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source Transcend Into Software - Hardware - Music - 2D & 3D Art - Film - Games - VST's - Ensembles - GUI Design - Science & Technology | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

User avatar
KVRAF
33389 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 pm

Join a band?
Hi-de-Hi!

User avatar
KVRist
142 posts since 13 Jan, 2004 from San Diego, CA

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:12 pm

Tim Exile developed Endless to do what you’re looking for:

https://endlesss.fm/products
It's the music that makes the science worthwhile.

User avatar
addled muppet weed
80577 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:08 am

THE INTRANCER wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:50 pm
I don't mean literally playing chess, I mean like interactive game like fun where you and another person interacts in the process of producing a piece of music..

Hummm, there's a gap in the market for that surely...
well, postal chess, you write your move, send it then wait for a reply.

you could, collaborate, via email, sending a file back and forth if you use the same host and synths
or by zipping packages of audio and midi files and uploading somewhere

no one would pay for a whole new daw, not knowing who else might have this collaboration tool.

think of when jeremy beadle became the first person in the uk to own a video phone, how the f**k can you sell a second?

User avatar
KVRAF
30152 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:17 am

THE INTRANCER wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:50 pm
I mean like interactive game like fun where you and another person interacts in the process of producing a piece of music..
https://www.ohmstudio.com/

User avatar
KVRAF
3204 posts since 12 May, 2011 from Everywhere and nowhere, baby

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:46 pm

BitChute
SoundCloud
What is life without a little whimsy?

KVRAF
22313 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:21 pm

oh it's all fun and games now, is it

:D

User avatar
KVRAF
3574 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:42 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:50 pm
I mean like interactive game like fun where you and another person interacts in the process of producing a piece of music..
What picture do you have in mind:
Sitting across a table with a touchscreen in a Paris park?
A laptop trio in a smoky jazz club?
Moving musical objects on a huge surface controller?
Plugging your midi keyboard into my home studio?

User avatar
addled muppet weed
80577 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:27 pm

Michael L wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:42 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:50 pm
I mean like interactive game like fun where you and another person interacts in the process of producing a piece of music..
What picture do you have in mind:
Sitting across a table with a touchscreen in a Paris park?
A laptop trio in a smoky jazz club?
Moving musical objects on a huge surface controller?
Plugging your midi keyboard into my home studio?
like man, uploading your consciousness, to a you know dude, like an avatar, then meeting up in cyberspace.
then get high together, totally digitally!

like that, with haptics in a spray on synthetic body suit, for full skin on skin sensation. for errr high fiving other musicians :) (not for cybersex, that's your dirty mind).

User avatar
KVRAF
3574 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:53 pm

vurt wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:27 pm
cybersex
Ohhh... so that's what the OP means by "interacts in the process" :hug:

Well that certainly opens up many musical possibilities!!!!

Her avatar put my interacter in her process and purred, "Have you tried Reaper?"

User avatar
KVRian
1416 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Post Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:42 pm

k-tronix wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:12 pm
Tim Exile developed Endless to do what you’re looking for:

https://endlesss.fm/products
I bought a pro license for Endlesss via the Kickstarter campaign. I haven't gotten anything out of it because I am on Windows. I wonder if I could sell/transfer my license. :shrug:

Another contender I just came to learn about recently is BeatConnect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V031C_3jBEk
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Studio One 5 Pro; FL Studio 20.8; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer/Producer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

User avatar
addled muppet weed
80577 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:09 am


User avatar
KVRAF
3599 posts since 15 Oct, 2017 from U.S.

Post Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:19 am

There's a site called Kompoz that's for finding collaborators

KVRAF
6697 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:23 am

Screenshot 2021-06-20 at 10-22-03 Reactable Launches Reactable Live S4 Limited Series β€” SonicScoop.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

User avatar
addled muppet weed
80577 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:24 am

Michael L wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:53 pm
vurt wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:27 pm
cybersex
Ohhh... so that's what the OP means by "interacts in the process" :hug:

Well that certainly opens up many musical possibilities!!!!

Her avatar put my interacter in her process and purred, "Have you tried Reaper?"
my apologies, it seems i accidentally viewed the files we downloaded from "dasheesh worst nightmare" not the interactive daw.

Return to β€œHosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”