Windows 11 coming very soon

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:05 am Really? Then why are people talking about Linux? (I reacted to the Linux = Reaper of OS) :wink:
Well, you got it... every single DAW thread here ends up as a discussion about Reaper as well. And, first thing every vegan will tell you is that he's gone vegan.

Erisian wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:11 pm Have you even heard of S Mode?
To be totally honest: nope. I had to google it.
Cannot think of a good use case, apart from computers installed in public libraries or used in schools.
In other words, scrapping the P from PC.
Or changing its meaning from Personal to Public.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:05 am Really? Then why are people talking about Linux? (I reacted to the Linux = Reaper of OS) :wink: Want to thread police, you better start there. However, I also gave a configuration link regarding Windows, so no one is left behind.
i'm not the thread police. i'm just pointing out that your contribution was irrelevant and thus worthless.

btw: i don't need to "configure" Windows for audio. It works right out of the box for me.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:32 am Well, you got it... every single DAW thread here ends up as a discussion about Reaper as well. And, first thing every vegan will tell you is that he's gone vegan.
Whoaa. I am like an Elephant in a glass house in these discussions. So I guess that Linux and Reaper are standard OTs to Windows threads, while mentioning Mac Os as competitor to both is a felony?

Pheew, :phew: is there a manual to these threads somewhere?
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

JamminFool wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:01 am i'm not the thread police. i'm just pointing out that your contribution was irrelevant and thus worthless.
Yes I got it now. Discussions about Linux are relevant to Windows threads but not Mac os as a response to the Linux discussions. I am just glad if this makes sense to you and the participants because I do not really think I can follow you here. To each, his own.

BTW: I did not think particularly of you and your needs when I posted my link about Windows :wink:
'
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:05 am
chk071 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:32 am Well, you got it... every single DAW thread here ends up as a discussion about Reaper as well. And, first thing every vegan will tell you is that he's gone vegan.
Whoaa. I am like an Elephant in a glass house in these discussions. So I guess that Linux and Reaper are standard OTs to Windows threads, while mentioning Mac Os as competitor to both is a felony?
No, but, you really have to wonder what Mac OS or Linux have to do with the new version of Windows 11. I can't possible think of any reason why they would have anything to do with it.

The people constantly mentioning it are free to create a thread "Linux vs. the world" or "Linux conquers everything", or something similar though, of course. They're also free to build a Linux church somewhere, and print pamphlets to evangelize everyone. ;) Or create threads like "Peeps, I'm all Linux now!" to voice their religious fervency.

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:05 am

Pheew, :phew: is there a manual to these threads somewhere?
no manual. just try common sense:

read the thread title. then read your post. see the dis-connect. ask yourself, how many people coming here to read about Windows 11 want to know what TribeOfHǫfuð uses before forming an opinion?

i have never understood why mac people feel it is interesting to tell everyone that they use a mac. who the f*ck cares? just be happy and get on with it.

BertKoor wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:56 am
Erisian wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:11 pm Have you even heard of S Mode?
To be totally honest: nope. I had to google it.
Cannot think of a good use case, apart from computers installed in public libraries or used in schools.
That was the point, mainly. The point was also to make it easier and more secure for users to install software. Not everyone is a crack in terms of computers and the internet, and, there are opportunities to dial in the wrong site, if you miss the official developers' site. For example, it was pretty common in Germany for some people to visit www.vlc.de, which isn't the official VLC site, but a German site, which hosted some weird VLC installers. Read loads of support posts where people wrote that they installed adware with those installers.

JamminFool wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:14 am read the thread title. then read your post. see the dis-connect. ask yourself, how many people coming here to read about Windows 11 want to know what TribeOfHǫfuð uses before forming an opinion?

i have never understood why mac people feel it is interesting to tell everyone that they use a mac. who the f*ck cares? just be happy and get on with it.
Oh, so you are a mac-user hater but not a linux-user hater? You know what baffles me is that you have an ongoing Linux disussion you ould have policed all you want. But it takes the word mac to get you aroused :lol:
Last edited by TribeOfHǫfuð on Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

fmr wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:36 pm If you don't like MS Paint, don't use it. Just ignore it is there. It's not like it will awake you in the middle of your sleep :roll:
MacOs BigSlur is worse. I don't care for AppleTV and Podcasts, but they are put prominently in my dock. You can remove them, but after restart they are added back.

I could try speaking to my political representative, but I doubt that really works out.

(issue could be it's a company managed machine, managed by morons)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:20 am
JamminFool wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:14 am read the thread title. then read your post. see the dis-connect. ask yourself, how many people coming here to read about Windows 11 want to know what TribeOfHǫfuð uses before forming an opinion?

Oh, so you are a mac-user hater but not a linux-user hater? You know what baffles me is that you have an ongoing Linux disussion you ould have policed all you want. But it takes the word mac to get you aroused :lol:
i'm not a hater of anything, i don't know where you get that. i expressed confusion at a certain behavior.

nor am i intending to police anything. that is your invention. i simply pointed out that what you wrote has nothing to do with the topic. nothing. now do you understand?

you seem rather emotional about this. you are attaching all kinds of implications to my pointing out that no one reading this thread cares what you use . it's really not complicated. just slow down for a minute and think about it.

you may as well have posted what you had for breakfast this morning.

JamminFool wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:28 am nor am i intending to police anything. that is your invention. i simply pointed out that what you wrote has nothing to do with the topic. nothing. now do you understand?
No I do not understand why you had to tell me I was off track but not the Linux posts. And you keep avoiding the Linux question, which is called selective memory and ain't worth sht in my eyes.

Answer the question: Why did you nag on me and not the Linux OT (to which I responded)? If you can't, back off, for right now you are going OT with full speed if any of us.

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:33 am
JamminFool wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:28 am nor am i intending to police anything. that is your invention. i simply pointed out that what you wrote has nothing to do with the topic. nothing. now do you understand?
No I do not understand why you had to tell me I was off track but not the Linux posts. And you keep avoiding the Linux question, which is called selective memory and ain't worth sht in my eyes.

Answer the question: Why did you nag on me and not the Linux OT (to which I responded)? If you can't, back off, for right now you are going OT with full speed if any of us.
TribeOfHǫfuð: my apologies. i have apparently offended you. it was my assumption that i could explain myself, but i see now that i have failed.

JamminFool wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:36 am TribeOfHǫfuð: my apologies. i have apparently offended you. it was my assumption that i could explain myself, but i see now that i have failed.
Still no Linux OT passing explanations? On another occasion: Report my posts or use the mute function if they cause so much confusion. A guy writes Linux is the best. I write Mac Os is the best in my way. Lightheartedly, jokingly, like the Linux is Reaper remark. If you get frustrated and want to object to all such OTs on the internet, you will get a hard time. They are everywhere.

Hardware is best, no OS needed :lol:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”